Milk

TheFancyBanana

Try and find milk produced by a smaller independent brand, maybe one that supports animal rights.

Jersey milk usually comes from smaller farms and its really good, i made khoya at home using it. Myself! :biggrin2: although it comes in much smaller bottles and its more expensive.

Next time you're in the supermarket read what it says on the back of some milks, they have a story about its production, farm standards, logos of animal rights orgs etc.

The milk we get in our industrial dairy production countries of UK, Canada, America etc comes via such unbelievably high levels of cruelty and suffering of the cow that it would be more kind to the cow to simply kill it. For our milk (some of which ends up in our gurdwaras) the calf is dragged away from its crying mother the very second it is born. Whilst the mother is whaling in pain and heartbreak it is instantly attached to machines so that the milk mean't for its baby can be forcefully extracted non-stop again and again and again. The pain and suffering of both the cow and its calf simply to give you and I a glass of milk is something that cannot be expressed in words. But trust me, in contrast, the cow that ends up in the slaughterhouse and subsequently on the menu at mcdonalds is actually getting off lightly in comparison. As such, the man that is eating that meat is actually contributing to far less cruelty than the man that drinks the milk.

The milk we get in our industrial dairy production countries of UK, Canada, America etc comes via such unbelievably high levels of cruelty and suffering of the cow that it would be more kind to the cow to simply kill it. For our milk (some of which ends up in our gurdwaras) the calf is dragged away from its crying mother the very second it is born. Whilst the mother is whaling in pain and heartbreak it is instantly attached to machines so that the milk mean't for its baby can be forcefully extracted non-stop again and again and again. The pain and suffering of both the cow and its calf simply to give you and I a glass of milk is something that cannot be expressed in words. But trust me, in contrast, the cow that ends up in the slaughterhouse and subsequently on the menu at mcdonalds is actually getting off lightly in comparison. As such, the man that is eating that meat is actually contributing to far less cruelty than the man that drinks the milk.

watched a video. the calf was just born and the mother began to lick it (as all animals do to clean it). the farmers said "is that what you were waiting for? it will only be with you for a few hours". it was heartbreaking. what if they did that to us. then the male calf was shot. but i don't want to give up milk. its too nice and its good for me.