Anti-Sikh Practices Revealed in Video Tour of 3HO Gurdwara

Sherdil

What is the fuss about again ?

Yes a statue of sri chand with some money infront, but I didn't see anyone waving a diva around it or anything. It was outside away from the 'Birh'

Maybe he was an udassi and that explains the statue but what was wrong with that ?

We should leave these guys alone and let them do what they do. They don't do anything anti-sikh and they don't cause any harm to sikhism.

Remeber that Yogi Bhajan single handedly made over 100,000 white sikhs from scratch !! ALL amritdhari.

There is not a single person that can make the same amount of already sehajdhari monai into amritdhari in that manner.

These people have made the US and world aware of sikhs, I mean the president knowswhat sikhs are because of 3HO- so why the hell are we picking on them like kids.

In reality our own punjabi sikhs that are anti-gurmat are everywhere in huge numbers !

How many sikhs do you see with some red thread or rakhree on walking about ?

How many sikhs do you see with some vedic gemstone gold rings on which were obviously prescribed by some pandit ?

WAKE UP AND STOP KICKING THE INNOCENT LOOK AT YOUR FELLOW PUNJABIS FIRST !!!

I disagree...

There was a garland around the statue and money placed in front of it. This is an obvious offering to the statue. Sikhs are not supposed to make offerings to idols.

The problem is when they call themselves Sikhs, and then do practices that go against Sikh teachings.

Most Sikhs aren't white, therefore they aren't the sole reason why the world and the president have learned about Sikhs. I think this is a baseless assertion. I am willing to bet that more people have heard about Sikhism, than kundalini yoga.

It is well known that sections of the Punjabi community are engaged in manmukh activities, but this topic is about 3HO.

I would love to have white Sikhs become members of the sangat at my gurdwara. I think part of the reason they have gone somewhat astray, is because the Punjabi community has not accepted them or they feel out of place in a Punjabi establishment. Thus, left on their own, they have developed a sect of Sikhi that is unique to them, and some of their practices go counter to gurmat. I think it's because they don't know any better.

I disagree...

There was a garland around the statue and money placed in front of it. This is an obvious offering to the statue. Sikhs are not supposed to make offerings to idols.

The problem is when they call themselves Sikhs, and then do practices that go against Sikh teachings.

Most Sikhs aren't white, therefore they aren't the sole reason why the world and the president have learned about Sikhs. I think this is a baseless assertion. I am willing to bet that more people have heard about Sikhism, than kundalini yoga.

It is well known that sections of the Punjabi community are engaged in manmukh activities, but this topic is about 3HO.

I would love to have white Sikhs become members of the sangat at my gurdwara. I think part of the reason they have gone somewhat astray, is because the Punjabi community has not accepted them or they feel out of place in a Punjabi establishment. Thus, left on their own, they have developed a sect of Sikhi that is unique to them, and some of their practices go counter to gurmat. I think it's because they don't know any better.

I must say that it is evidential that the yogi and 3HO have helped bring sikhism more mainstream in the west. Remember they have shown a more purer amritdhari front compared to punjabis. What I mean is, when ordinary folk come across the punjabi sikhs they see them in community and working as business owners, taxi drivers, doctors, ..etc..etc..

Now what they see is a complicated mixture because they see many many turbaned singhs drinking and playing cards in the park as well as the very disciplined amritdharies whereas the 3HO are ALL disciplined amritdharies.

We have to remember that.

But I have to agree with the rest of your post.

They have been sidelined by us punjabis and they don't know any better so these statues and garlands turn up and they don't bat an eyelid because they don't think that way.

We know very well that in punjabi community such a statue would not come anywhere near the sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, even if it were outside and you wouldn't see an amritdharie offering money to the statue either.

We should try and educate each other without being too critical.

After all we are ALL sikhs or learners.

I don't understand why they have murals of the virign Mary? If for example in an Islamic country ie. Pakistan a Gurdwara sahib had a painting of the Kabba or in India a Gurdwara sahib had pictures on the wall of Hindu dieites that would cause uproar! I mean in India in many ithasic Gurughars paintings of Hindu dieties have been whithewashed. So why exactly is the virgin Mary painting okay, especaillly when it is incorporated into an image portraying our Guru Sahibans? WRONG!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What is all the fuss about?? Seriously?? You don't see that by having statues (actually let’s just call a spade, a spade) - IDOLS! in Gurdwara Sahib is wrong? If nothing else, it gives any non-Sikh or early adopter visiting that venue or see's pics of it on the net, the impression that Sikhi allows idol's within their place of worship, so inadvertently gives Idols the thumbs up! This is even before the impression that a garland or money infront of an idol can give to the unsuspecting, by making them them that idol worship in one form or another is a Sikh practice.

I love all religions of the world and I am a great advocate of every person’s right to follow and practice their faith of choice without any persecution. But what relevance does the virgin mary infused in to what seems to be the Miri, Piri swords of a Khalda, have in Sikhi? What need is there for this IDOL to be in a place where the Guru Sahib resides? The same Guru Sahib Ji, which tells the Gurmukh to refrain from any form of idol worship.

Harbhajan Singh may have brought Sikhi to a large mass of white people in the west at a very fast rate, but at what cost? Should we start compromising Gurbani, Gurmaat or Gursikhi, so that it is more accessible or acceptable? Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not contradict itself. It is very clear on the message being delivered, but a manmukh (in a Gurmukhs bana), be he Punjabi, American, British or whatever will always twist the sweet words of Maharaj to fit in with his ultimate goal and agenda.

"whereas the 3HO are ALL disciplined amritdharies" - Bhai Lucky Ji, that is a little naive statement to make. I can tell you straight, that not "ALL" of any group/jatha/whatever are disciplined amritdharies. There are always good and bad in all jathas. The quicker we realise that the better for ALL. I have the utmost respect for every human being that inhabits this earth. That said, I have double the utmost respect for a Gursikh, because I personally understand them! I am happy to give someone credit where credit is due regardless of their religion, race, creed etc. (Sorry I do not recognise caste as it is a form of racism!)

I speak from my own experiences of 3HO'ers in the UK, because for many years I used to attend their classes, sadhanas etc. I even went to their NYE

events at Camden market. I don’t want to do nindiya of any specific person, so I'll just generally say, that a large portion of the 3HO community here in the UK and abroad, see Sikhi is a side show / by product of the main event - "kundalini yoga". This is evident in the way the dastar is used as a prop for CD covers & events and the name XXXX Singh or Kaur is used, but once the spotlights and cameras are turned off they go back to being plain old Joe Blogs. This can also be said about some in the Punjabi/Indian original community. But why is it that we are happy to hold brown/punjabi to account when they are doing wrong, but if anyone says anything about a 3HO'er then they are tribal paranoid whatever!?!? Everyone regardless of race or origin should be held to account with the same reference – Gurbani.

All that said, if I do not agree with something (such as the stuff mentioned above) I am happy to "live and let live", but I cannot understand how manmukhi is now being classed as Gursikhi. If someone comes out and states that “I am bi-spiritual”, then I would respect them for that, because I can understand their position better. But to claim to be Gursikh and then go and carry out practices and customs that are against the very thing you claim to be, is just one slap too many.

One day, after typing kundalini yoga in to google, I was presented with website after website selling this yoga CD's, that teas, mala's, yoga books, blah blah blah, I came to the realisation that most people in the 3HO circle seem to be a master of this, that or the other rather than being a student of Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj.

Quote of the day - “learn how to be the best student possible, before claiming to be a master”

What is the fuss about again ?

Yes a statue of sri chand with some money infront, but I didn't see anyone waving a diva around it or anything. It was outside away from the 'Birh'

Maybe he was an udassi and that explains the statue but what was wrong with that ?

We should leave these guys alone and let them do what they do. They don't do anything anti-sikh and they don't cause any harm to sikhism.

Remeber that Yogi Bhajan single handedly made over 100,000 white sikhs from scratch !! ALL amritdhari.

There is not a single person that can make the same amount of already sehajdhari monai into amritdhari in that manner.

These people have made the US and world aware of sikhs, I mean the president knowswhat sikhs are because of 3HO- so why the hell are we picking on them like kids.

In reality our own punjabi sikhs that are anti-gurmat are everywhere in huge numbers !

How many sikhs do you see with some red thread or rakhree on walking about ?

How many sikhs do you see with some vedic gemstone gold rings on which were obviously prescribed by some pandit ?

WAKE UP AND STOP KICKING THE INNOCENT LOOK AT YOUR FELLOW PUNJABIS FIRST !!!

Could he have done it without the use of Yoga? Could he have done it soley with the use of Gurmat?

But you are right, who cares, let them do what they are doing.

Do you think that Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Binderanwale and the Singhs around him were proper Amritdharis than the white sikhs?

See where I am going with this? apperances can be decieving.

check out this guys profile. Brilliant person and a devout Amritdhari.

[MOD NOTE] NO PERSONAL FACEBOOK LINKS WILL BE ALLOWED

The 3HO have been spoken about in the past on the terms of how they are breaking the number 1 rule of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Singh Sahib ji Maharaj; no idols at Gurdwaras. But one thing this forum is about is awareness. So this topic will be presented over and over here on this forum and other places on the internet.

I have to say, Gursant Singh has done an extremely good job of making the Sikh world aware of these malpractices done in 3HO Gurdwaras. Many Sikhs have woken up and stopped supporting 3HO; this is a step forward in Satguru's direction. Just because a punjabi Sikh is supporting 3HO, don't take them as pure. Either the punjabi Sikh is ignorant of what is going on or wants to be blind to the reality taking place with the 3HO or he is hand in glove with these guys and in some way he is gaining from their malpractices.

Support Gursant Singh on this mission of shining the light on 3HO practices. There is also a video on youtube where a few members of 3HO are intimidating Gursant Singh. 3HO should know one thing, and if the members who intimidated Gursant Singh are reading this, don't hestitate to send me a message here. I would love to hear from you :biggrin2: . The 3HO Guru; Yogi Bhajan is nothing compared to Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj. So before you start intimidating others remember who couldn't escape Kaal and who is Akal.

Idols were brought into Sri Harmandir Sahib's surroundings and the Khalsa Panth got together and removed the dusht of the Khalsa out. Once again the Singhs will arise and break these idols into pieces. Satguru says it himself..............I'm here to break these idols.

In my opinion, Gursant Singh should present the factual evidence about the 3HO to Sri Akal Takht Sahib and the 3HO needs to answer for their actions. Surely they will not answer to other Sikhs. We saw this here when Gurmustak Singh refuse to answer questions on this site, when he found out his 3HO cult can't be protected. To naive Sikhs Gurmsutak Singh pulls his hocus pocus, but for learned Sikhs, he hides and runs.

Gursant Singh if you read this forum, then draft up a letter that Sikhs can present to Sri Akal Takht Sahib and Sikhs can constantly start sending this letter to Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

This is a very important issue. If it is not stopped now, then many other naive Sikhs will start to put idols around and in Gurdwaras.

Gursant Singh is no innocent in this either, he has pictures of facebook - smiling with high questionable people. There is a recent campaign against him that which explores possibility of him being GOI agent as he seems to be hell bent to dividing sikhs in this matter when someone goes on extreme lengths to keep highlighting one negative aspect of huge 3ho organization consistently for years that one questions their ulterior motives and hidden agenda.

If someone who is so passionate about 3ho committing manmat, whats stopping him or her to present their case infront of sri akaal takth sahib. The fact that he is been witch haunting 3ho on its own for years without involving greater authority- sri akaal takth sahib that itself question his real intentions.

It appears allegations battle between 3ho and gursant singh khalsa is been going on for years and as others have suggested- I think its about time, they take this dispute off line to actual resolve the dispute gurmat way, take it to sri akaal takth sahib and jathedars of panj takth and present themselves so both parties can present their case.

This will ensure-

a) 3ho does not character assassinate gursant singh khalsa and likewise ensure- gursant singh khalsa does not get away with false allegations against 3HO and reduce the campaign to just smear campaign by making blogs/facebook pages for influencing the wider sangat.

b) sangat is not divided and panth unity does not get broken.

c) to prevent GOI laugh or take advantage of this issue at our internal affair expense (regardless whichever one looks at - shutting sikhnet.com is victory for external forces- whether we like it or not- good things- parchar/awareness of sikhism- good things are happening at sikhnet everyday and i bet you - its more good things happening than bad at sikhnet..its one of the oldest sikh website on internet - we cannot even measure how much good come out of it and continue to come out of it.. i actually met my wife on sikhmartimonials- so guys easy with rhetoric - shutting sikh websites down its throwing stone on your own foot- look at the bigger picture)

One have to remember 3ho (Healthy Happy Holy) its not just spiritual jatha but is also multi million dollar business investment. With that kind of money, there is always issue with power control be it opportunist suing/treaing 3HO as cash cow likewise organization leader having too much business power to intimidate and silence others..!!!!!!!!

I am all up for both parties presenting themselves infront of sri akaal takth sahib and until verdict is reached -allegation website should be off-line to prevent character assassination from both sides..!!

I encourage everyone to take gursant singh rant and his witch haunt as pinch of salt until he goes to India and present his case to sri akaal takth sahib..in fact i m so tired of his rant and his yearly/monthly/daily/hourly/minute by minute witch haunt on 3HO on facebook that i am willing to pay for his half ticket to India if money is a issue for him to present his case to sri akaal takth sahib, so those who are in touch with him- do let him know about my offer...!!