India Flight Tickets

Guest ukwale

WJKK WJKF!

Hi does anyone know any agents which sell good value flight tickets to Amritsar/Delhi ??? Contacts/Numbers will be greatful for the information. also need the max baggage 40kg +

Thankyou!

Guest Khalsa Airways

try air india from Heathrow. Baggage is about 50kgs.

Flight prices shoot up over Xmas period starting from about 5th Dec to about 15th january.

Prices before 5th is about £560ish per person.

Try any of your local desi travel agents.

I suppose you get what you pay for. Emirates is very good to Delhi then you can get internal like Kingfisher flight to Chandigarh. Not sure but I think there are more internal flights to Amritsar than Chandigarh. As most people I know in UK are from Doaba, Chandigarh makes more sense.

Before anyone says we should go to Amritsar, it is so much better to do darshan of Harmandir Sahib without all your baggage and long flight tiedness etc. So best to make time out in your vacation.

Guest Khalsa Airways

I've been lucky with Air India . Never had a problem wiht them. Quite perplexing that, considering it is a state owned monolith of an organisation.

Though you can get transfers to Chandigarh and Ludhiana (on certain days) on their internal flights.

Turkmenistan have corndered the Amritsar market and consequently charge way too much.

The reason for airlines not going to Amritsar isnt becasue lack of demand. There is plenty of demand to there.

I've heard a couple of theories:

1. Badal wants to make the states main airport as Chandigarh. so after all the expense of upgrading Raja Sansi he is pushing for airlines to go to Chandigarh, even though that airport currently cannot cope with the increased demand. Its more of a convenience for him and the rest of the Panjabi politcians to fly from Chandigarh to rest of India.

2. The Central Govt has maintained artificially high landing charges/taxes for airlines to land at Raja Sansi. Their aim being that they do not wish to see the footfall decrease from Indira Gandhi Airport in dehli and be diverted to Panjab. If that happens Dehli airport loses income and Raja Sansi gains. WHich is understandable if you look at the number of Panjabis who fly internationally from dehli.

Ok thanks guys, for the tips. I've just been informed that my family have now booked the tickets for feb/march next year via southall travel... with Air India, they were around £500

My heart sank when I read the above post about baggage being left in London I've heard about the strikes in passing conversations, has this been constant or have people travelled pretty stress-free with Air India aswell? Please say yes :/