India Flight Tickets

Guest ukwale

I suppose you get what you pay for. Emirates is very good to Delhi then you can get internal like Kingfisher flight to Chandigarh. Not sure but I think there are more internal flights to Amritsar than Chandigarh. As most people I know in UK are from Doaba, Chandigarh makes more sense.

Before anyone says we should go to Amritsar, it is so much better to do darshan of Harmandir Sahib without all your baggage and long flight tiedness etc. So best to make time out in your vacation.

its better to go as many times as possible :D i went before a flight home. darbar sahib at 3am= best peace ever got morning seva there too was so awesome

its better to go as many times as possible :D i went before a flight home. darbar sahib at 3am= best peace ever got morning seva there too was so awesome

That is good you want to do darshan as much times as possible.

But for some it is just a formaility so they be clock watching as they do not want to miss the flight.

So instead off visiting Darbar Sahib on the way in or out of Punjab, it is much better to take time out of your vacation and spend more than a couple of hours there, either as you are tied and want to go home as you have just arrived. Or the other scenario is oh we got to get out of here the planes going to leave us behind on the way out of Punjab, so quick time do darshan. But as most flights to UK leave early morning, so at Darbar Sahib you can't even matha tekh as Guru Ji's parkash has not been done yet. However, you will see the peace and tranquilty and sevadars washing the parkarma with milk etc.

I'd always recommend flying to Delhi rather than Punjab any day, specifically because flying to Delhi is between £150 and £200 cheaper. From Delhi you simply get on the fantastic air conditioned train from Delhi to Punjab. Takes just 5 hours to Jalandhar and the first class carriage is not only very cheap it it very comfortable and very safe. In fact, its luxurious compared to basic British rail travel.

At the end of the day, seeing how you are asking about tickets at thi time, you are planning to travel around xmas time. During that time, no matter which airline you fly with, you have a 50/50 chance of massive delays at Amritsar because of the fog......with Amritsar Airport not having the capability to cope with it.

I echo the above:

Never fly Air India as you may never get there.

Emirites and Qatari Airlines are brilliant.

Fly to Delhi and not Punjab. Stop in Delhi a couple of nights and then get train - Shatbadi express AC1st class to Amritsar for me, wife and 2 kids was only about £50. However you'll need to book train tickets at least 3m in advance (popular trains in India get booked up within days of tickets being released). We booked via Cleartickets over the net and your email confirmation serves as your ticket. Train is super quick, smooth, air-con and lots of room to stretch out.

Never pay a flying visit to Amritsar - stop at least a couple of nights to see all the sites and get the chance to do Amritvela Darshan.

I find that tickets from southaltravel are normally cheapest for me. I recommend going in person, as the call centre is abit iffy and they sometimes quote a higher price.

Like West London Singh said, its sometimes cheaper going to Delhi first and then making your way to Punjab via train/taxi/coach.

The last flight I used was BMI and they were around £520 to Amritsar via Delhi, however they land around 2am'ish in the morning.