What goes through your mind when you are doing paath, at the gurdwara, or just thinking about god?

Beard

In a Gurdwara, sitting in front of Guru Ji, I find that anything I do bears more fruit - be it reciting Bani, singing a shabad (both things I do in my head) compared to normal. If a Ragi is singing a shabad, I will try to sing along with it in my mind. Otherwise I'll either remember Guru Ji's past actions or just praise Guru Ji.

Whenever i go to the gurdwara im always thinking of what should i ask/pray for but right wen im about to do my mathatek my mind goes blank nd i don ask for anything worldly but i ask for waheguru to show me and my family the true path! Its not only happened to me once but many times before i enter im always thinkin of gettin a new car doing good in my studies, wanting to be rich/ successful... But all that somhow vanishes wen i do my mathatek nd i jus ask waheguru to show me the true path!