Bal Thackrey passes away

JSinghnz

i seriously doubt that have you seen anything from shiv sena in the last 28 years to make you believe they would protect the sikhs if anythin the shiv sainicks were probably leadig the mobs also the part about not a single sikh family killed in mumbai sounds much to far fetched to be true

It is true that not even a single SIKH family was attacked/harmed in Mumbai, I will list some important facts below -

Please don't ask me how I know all this beyond this single liner - I have connections with some highly affluent industralist SIKH families in MUMBAI.

When the Genocide started, next day there was an important meeting between these highly affluent SIKH leaders (cloth industralist/auto-parts industralists/suitings-shitings manufacturers/liquor manufacturers & suppliers/big property tycoons etc. etc.) and Bal Thackerey, in which BAL Thackerey raised a party fund demand of INR 88 Crores (a big amount in 1984), and in return Shiv Sena will ensure no Congress goons touch any SIKH/SIKH family in Mumbai/Maharashtra.

This demand was fulfilled then and there, and no Genocide happened in Maharashtra.

It is true that not even a single SIKH family was attacked/harmed in Mumbai, I will list some important facts below -

Please don't ask me how I know all this beyond this single liner - I have connections with some highly affluent industralist SIKH families in MUMBAI.

When the Genocide started, next day there was an important meeting between these highly affluent SIKH leaders (cloth industralist/auto-parts industralists/suitings-shitings manufacturers/liquor manufacturers & suppliers/big property tycoons etc. etc.) and Bal Thackerey, in which BAL Thackerey raised a party fund demand of INR 88 Crores (a big amount in 1984), and in return Shiv Sena will ensure no Congress goons touch any SIKH/SIKH family in Mumbai/Maharashtra.

This demand was fulfilled then and there, and no Genocide happened in Maharashtra.

I have heard something similar, that the Sikhs bought their saftey from Bal.

mehtab singh you are sot on with your post why would people who burn dastars, burn effigies of sikh hereos,offer to hang innocent sikh political prisoners regularly beat sikhs with the help of the police

Is the Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre the same as the Shiv Sena all over India? The way I understood it was that Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre is an extreme Hindu Maratha nationalist group while Shiv Sena found in other states are more Indian nationalist as opposed to regional nationalism an example of this is the (Bewakoof) Shiv Sainiks found in Punjab who were taking Pangaa with the Sikhs recently.

I have known some people from Bombay but they have nothing but negative things to say about Shiv Sena of Bal thakre. Mainly because they say that this organisation is against anyone who is not a Maratha, they especially hate Gujaratis and Bhaiyaas from UP/Bihar. In India since 1947 the centeral government has been trying very hard to promote the idea of sacrificing for the greater India even if it is at the cost of your state. While most Indians have accepted this idea, only the Punjabis(actually the Sikhs), Tamils, Kashmiris and Marathas are such Qaums that think of the wellness of their state first instead of bowing their heads to the central government in Delhi. Of these quams, the Sikhs have probably gotten the worst deal of all.

One should also see the distinction the central government has made between Sikh and Hindu armed groups. The Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre was formed on the basis of Maratha nationalism, they even used violence but the central government never sent the Indian army against them, yet Sant Bhindranwalay formed a group of armed men to defend themselves against police brutality and Arya Samaj and Nirankaari Gundagardi happening in Punjab at the time, the central government sends tanks and soldiers to kill Sikhs at Darbar sahib. Still we have a media propaganda war being waged against us. If shiv sena of Bal thakre had been any other religion other than Hindu, the central government would have declared them as terrorist and attacked them.

Is the Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre the same as the Shiv Sena all over India? The way I understood it was that Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre is an extreme Hindu Maratha nationalist group while Shiv Sena found in other states are more Indian nationalist as opposed to regional nationalism an example of this is the (Bewakoof) Shiv Sainiks found in Punjab who were taking Pangaa with the Sikhs recently.

I have known some people from Bombay but they have nothing but negative things to say about Shiv Sena of Bal thakre. Mainly because they say that this organisation is against anyone who is not a Maratha, they especially hate Gujaratis and Bhaiyaas from UP/Bihar. In India since 1947 the centeral government has been trying very hard to promote the idea of sacrificing for the greater India even if it is at the cost of your state. While most Indians have accepted this idea, only the Punjabis(actually the Sikhs), Tamils, Kashmiris and Marathas are such Qaums that think of the wellness of their state first instead of bowing their heads to the central government in Delhi. Of these quams, the Sikhs have probably gotten the worst deal of all.

One should also see the distinction the central government has made between Sikh and Hindu armed groups. The Shiv Sena of Bal Thakre was formed on the basis of Maratha nationalism, they even used violence but the central government never sent the Indian army against them, yet Sant Bhindranwalay formed a group of armed men to defend themselves against police brutality and Arya Samaj and Nirankaari Gundagardi happening in Punjab at the time, the central government sends tanks and soldiers to kill Sikhs at Darbar sahib. Still we have a media propaganda war being waged against us. If shiv sena of Bal thakre had been any other religion other than Hindu, the central government would have declared them as terrorist and attacked them.

I wrote about this before, scroll up.

The Shiv Sena of Bal Thackrey is not the same as the Shiv Sena of Punjab which burnt a turban recently. Bal Thackreys Shiv Sena is named after Chhatrapati Shivaji who was the founder of the first Mahrata Empire - Abit like thier version of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, however where we due to our defective genetics have forgotten Maharaja Ranjit Singh, they have not forgotten their King.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivaji

Actually Maharashtrians who know the history of India and especially the Khalsa, respect the Sikhs alot, they particularily like or you can say envy Kalgidhar Mahabali Siri SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj.

Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Binderanwale, had he been alive now, would most likely been the most of one of the most powerful and influential men in India, not only Punjab.

I read somewhere that Bal Thackrey said who is this Jarnail Singh, he is nothing outside of Punjab. Couple of days later Sant Ji then went to his house in Mumbai.

Sant Ji was fearless and the Indian Government don't like fearless men, these types of men are the most dangerous, as they are not attached to anything which can weaken them.

Don't forget, that Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Ji got his power from Gurbani and SatGuru Ji.

We too can be great, we need to stop all this chicken fighting and UNITE as brothers under SatGurus banner.

(great speech eh, however it will fall on deaf ears of those too comfortable western sikhs who like things as they are...)

I read somewhere that Bal Thackrey said who is this Jarnail Singh, he is nothing outside of Punjab. Couple of days later Sant Ji then went to his house in Mumbai.
Sant Jee wasn't the type to go to any politician's place. I am trying to find more sources but I read some place that once in perhaps 1983 Thackeray said that he will go to Punjab and "straighten" Sant Jee out. As expected from his fearless nature, Guru Sahib's Babbar Sher arrived in Mumbai and announced "bring it on, the lion is on your turf". But as I said, need more info/sources on this.

i seriously doubt that have you seen anything from shiv sena in the last 28 years to make you believe they would protect the sikhs if anythin the shiv sainicks were probably leadig the mobs also the part about not a single sikh family killed in mumbai sounds much to far fetched to be true

There were killings in Bombay of Sikhs but not at the level of Delhi. The Sikhs in Bombay had to follow his instructions to survive, basically act his dummies. Here is a story where he sent Sikhs from Bombay to Punjab to carry out his orders

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/pDEuFMHE0tyLzmXS57cJoJ/Bal-Thackeray-and-Bombay.html