Horseback riding and Sikhs

I use a well still.You calling me backwards?

What I mean is that why don't we try preserving our history.

Well I am actually appreciating what you just said as we not only need preserving horse riding but other traditions as well and just image the world without electricity and oil. Just imagine

I've always wondered why a Sikh hasn't opened a horse riding centre. With all cash flowing into gurughars, maybe these committees should cease trying to make party halls and instead make something that teaches Sikh kids about their martial history as well as providing the community with a cool little place that isn't the preserve of rich folks with lots of money? Although it would have to be manned by professionals and not the Singh that makes the daal for the langar. Of course if said Singh has both skills then fair play to him. :cool2:

Horse riding is a good thing as it teaches you about the animal, its welfare, as well as letting you enjoy a new skill and exercise.

Problem is how we prioritise something like this in the modern world. Its a hobby that requires work and committment over a long term and for me the most painful aspect is the cost (my kids ride) - lessons, equipment, the dreaded day when your daughter says 'daddy I want a pony,' the insurance, vets fees, the next dreaded day when the other daughter says 'daddy I also want my own pony,' the injuries (expect a broken collar bone or arm at some stage) and livery fees.

Personally I prefer a round of golf myself.