Treatment of Brahman Shardhalus at Gurudwara RakabGanj Sahib Delhi

JasSinghKhalsa

Just a slight correction. The Jammu Dogras are not Brahmins, they are Rajputs. The Pahari Rajas who fought against the 10th master were Rajputs not Brahmins. Plenty of Jats were traitors through out Sikh history. But just because we are now in majority we like to overlook this little fact.

If Sangat comes to the Gurdwara they should not be abused just because of their caste. This is not what our Gurus taught.

Yes there are plenty of Sikh traitors. The reason why the Dogras and the Brahmin Pandit Jalla are so despised is the control they had over the Lahore Darbar and virtually handed Punjab over to the British. The two Generals of the Sikh army Lal Singh and Tej Singh were Brahmins from UP who betrayed the army. Soon after the end of the Sikh Empire the number of Sikhs fell considerably, the raising of sons by Hindu families fell in a big way. The Arya Samaj started 'purification' ceremonies where they lined up Sikhs and cut there Kesh in public. Thats why the Sikhs reacted top this.

I am all for inter faith dialogue , but Sikhs have subjected to a genocide and only a tiny number of the majority community have objected to this. There is something fundamentally wrong with a society if massacres on this scale are not even acknowledged.

I am all for inter faith dialogue and have many Hindu friends, but we are being treated as pawns in bigger game in India and we need to be vigilant on all sides.

lal singh and tej singh were bhaiyas from UP and were not brahmins. Brahmins do not write singh with their names.

Brahmins who came to Guru sahib were from kashmir. The point here is ill treatment of yatris by sarna. No one

whosoever he is should be ill treated in a Gurudwara. Gurudwaras are open to everyone.

This is quite well known Sikh history, even poetry has been written about their origins

Raja Tej Singh (1799 - 1862), son of Misr Niddha, a Hindu Gaur Brahman of Meerut district, Uttar Pradesh, in India was born in 1799. His original name was Tej Ram, he was a nephew of Jamadar Khushal Singh, a dignitary of the Sikh kingdom. He took up service at the court in 1812.

Raja Lal Singh(d. 1866), son of Misr Jassa Mall, a Brahman shopkeeper of Sanghoi, in Jehlum district in West Punjab, entered the service of the Sikh Darbar in 1832 as a writer in the treasury. He enjoyed the patronage of the Dogra minister Dhian Singh and, when in 1839 Misr Bell Ram had displeased the latter because of his sympathy with Chet Singh Bajva, he was promoted in his place Daroghah-i-Toshakhana, which position he held until the reinstatement of the former.

Yes Gurdwaras are open to every one, but we need to be alert to tricks being played on us.

Isingh is correct in what he wrote in all the three posts ( Posts # 16, 22, and 24 )

During the times of Sahib Guru Tegh Bahadur , the tradition of adding Singh to the name was not there/ or was not common. The Sikhs would add Bhai in front of the name. However, during the last few years of Sahib Guru Gobind Singh and during the Khalsa Raj many Dogras also added Singh as the last name to their names . Dogras quite often is used as a generic name for the Hindu inhabitants of Jammu and Kashmir and parts of present day Himachal Pradesh. Some of the Dogras who converted to Sikhism or Islam from Hinduism continued to call themselves Dogras. Originally the majorities of the Dogras are from Brahmin caste. In the above mentioned regions both the Brahmins and Rajput castes have been using nameSingh., though the tradition is much older with the Rajputs. Even these days most of the Dogras living mainly in Jammu region are Kashmiri Pundits (Brahmins)

So do not be mislead that Brahmins did not use the names Singh. In fact most of the Barhmins, Rajputs, and Khatris who prided themselves to be belonging to higher castes, and who then became Sikhs during the Khalsa Raj converted back to there original castes after the Khalsa Raj . The population of Sikhs in Punjab dropped from being about 13 to 14 millions to about 2 millions. Most of them were the first to become Arya Samaji. . Then the large number of Haryana Jats and Khatris under their influence also became Arya Samajis.. I think most people know of the role played by the Arya Samaj in dividing the post 1947 Punjab.

{{ On an other note when Shaeed Bhagat Singh cut his hair and avenged Lala Lajpat Rai, a "Kattar" Arya Samaji, the hindus started promoted him as to have converted himself to Arya Samaj sect of Hinduism. So they promoted him way above so many other Sikhs who sacrificed there lives equally well for the cause.}}

One of the reasons of this march - about which we are discussing here, seems to be to promote Bhai Dayala ji as a Brahmin to have also made the sacrifice at that time, where as it is known that Bhai Dayala ji and Bhai Kirpal Dass (formerly Pundit Kirpal Dass) came into Sikhi fold after meeting Sahib Guru Tegh Bahadur.

So you guys bought list of hypocrites two faced corrupt bhramins who back stabbed sikhs, thats good but now can we get list of corrupt two faced pot bellied jatts so called sikhs who back stabbed sikh nation?

Yes we have to vigilant but that applies to everyone who wishes harm sikh interest...this sheer hysteria against bhramins and paint all bhramins as anti sikh is not a sikh way- Guru Maharaj and Guru maharaj knights- sant khalsa would never approve such kind of appalling and disgusting stereotype, there were many bhramins who helped sikhs in 84 riots, they were many bhramins who raised their senior son as khalsa as form of appreciation for sikhi and there were many bhramins who became khalsa and died for Gurmat Sidhant as history shows, many akaalis, khalistanis had bhramin backgrounds. Even on this forum, we have Mehtab Singh born in bhramin family who became khalsa..singh ji you need to speak against any kind of racist connatations especially if it stereo types all bhramins .i know if someone were to reject me just because of my jatt background..i be freaking outraged..i will be vehemently fighting back against this racist attitude.!!...its a same sort of attitude at border line where some twisted nangs find completely justified to have bhog with muslim women as long as she gets fed the pork before the act..!!

So you guys bought list of hypocrites two faced corrupt bhramins who back stabbed sikhs, thats good but now can we get list of corrupt two faced pot bellied jatts so called sikhs who back stabbed sikh nation?

Yes we have to vigilant but that applies to everyone who wishes harm sikh interest...this sheer hysteria against bhramins and paint all bhramins as anti sikh is not a sikh way- Guru Maharaj and Guru maharaj knights- sant khalsa would never approve such kind of appalling and disgusting stereotype, there were many bhramins who helped sikhs in 84 riots, they were many bhramins who raised their senior son as khalsa as form of appreciation for sikhi and there were many bhramins who became khalsa and died for Gurmat Sidhant as history shows, many akaalis, khalistanis had bhramin backgrounds. Even on this forum, we have Mehtab Singh born in bhramin family who became khalsa..singh ji you need to speak against any kind of racist connatations especially if it stereo types all bhramins .i know if someone were to reject me just because of my jatt background..i be freaking outraged..i will be vehemently fighting back against this racist attitude.!!...its a same sort of attitude at border line where some twisted nangs find completely justified to have bhog with muslim women as long as she gets fed the pork before the act..!!

You're a Jatt, well thats ploughed the field the wrong way now hasn't it.....can't take you seriously now can I Brother....hahaha.. hehe.

Well said!