Congrats on ACTUAL Pehla Parkash Dyara

AK-47

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Just wanted to say big vadaiayh to all the sangat on Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharajh's 400th pehla parkash anniversary which was on the 15th of this month!!

(On the 1st of month Asu )

To all the sangat who celebrated earlier congrats to all of you guys too, u just celebrated a bit prematurely but its all good!

Gurmukhs as a singh said yesterday this path of sikhi is never about numbers, even though only few gursikhs celbrated guru ji's dyarah yesterday its still extremely chardi kala that these people wish to celebrate in the way that our Guru's after Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharajh choose too.

Also massive well done to sant samaj and the 2 takhats for having the courage and pyaar to hold their event on the real date despite being told that they could not hold it at manji sahib or any other place around harimdir sahib, i belive the prog was done at nihang akali fuulla singh burj. the nagar keertan was shown for about 2 seconds on alpha last night before the cameras zoomed out..... nice ones alpha guys!

On a personal plea to the sangat, pls think about what we are doing regarding this calendar issue, we are rewriting our own history. This gurpurb was on the first day of this month (the system used by guru ji in gurbani ie barah maha ) not 2 weeks ago, i wonder what we would do if somebody said to celebrate vaisakhi in mid march as oppossed to mid april? would we all do it or think that something weird was going on?

Benti pls dont ruin our history just for the sake of making things easier for ourselves, our future generations when finding out our hideous mistake will never forgive

us.

Ps before somebody says that myself and others are going against what the rest of the panth believes.... pls note, that it is YOU who are changing, myself and others are just continuing in the old traditional way, it is YOU who have created NEW DATES and it is YOU who are making your own NEW paths.

Other than that congratulations to all, may guru ji forgive us for our mistakes and bring victory to the panth and the truth.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest stopsingh2
or  congrats for defyign akaal takht

The whole issue is not just about the Akal Takht. The new calendar was put in froce by the SGPC. Should a Sarbat Khalsa not have been called for such an important decision.

The Akal Takht Jathedar did not even consult the other Takhts outside Punjab over this issue.

Guest stopsingh2
Stop Singh, you know i have discussed this with you before.

The previous discussion on Nanakshahi calender

Yes and nothing has changed my view. For centuries we use the BK calendar then some canadian makes up this calendar which a SGPC committee with no authority from the panth agrees to and the Akal Takht Giani rubber stamps it. The jathedar of Takhts outside Punjab are ignored, not exactly a panthic decision.

Whoa chill people. I'm not a big fan of the SGPC, but right now, the calendar is really practical. The dates will never change, and it's useful for everyone to be unified without ne confusion. Easy conversion to gregorian calendar, and fixed dates forever. What's the big deal? I think it helps that our people have calendar to unite under.

Guest stopsingh2
Whoa chill people. I'm not a big fan of the SGPC, but right now, the calendar is really practical. The dates will never change, and it's useful for everyone to be unified without ne confusion. Easy conversion to gregorian calendar, and fixed dates forever. What's the big deal? I think it helps that our people have calendar to unite under.

Big deal is that the Sikh Panth had ben celebrating purbs etc for a couple of centuries using the BK calendar. As they say if it aint broke dont fix it. The use of a new calendar implies the old calendar was wrong, which it was not.

How was it not? the calendar was lunar-based, not solar-based, so there was a change almost every other year, dates would keep on changing. It's easier to keep track of dates this way, because the dates will always be the same now.

As they say if it aint broke dont fix it.

It was broke, dates kept on changing. Use the search feature, there was a whole discussion on this topic.

Guest stopsingh2
How was it not? the calendar was lunar-based, not solar-based, so there was a change almost every other year, dates would keep on changing. It's easier to keep track of dates this way, because the dates will always be the same now.
As they say if it aint broke dont fix it.

It was broke, dates kept on changing. Use the search feature, there was a whole discussion on this topic.

Did our Guru not use the BK calendar or lunar based calendar ? :T: Sikhs have used the luanr based calendar for centuries.

So what if the dates changed. You could get calendar each January with the dates on. It was not as if people were releasing the dates at the last minute. What is so special about the Gregorian calendar ?

My point exactly Guru Gobind Singh Ji would have used the 'old' and 'wrong' calendar nice to see that we know more than guru ji now too.

Singh this calendar has not united us, it has created an extra split which didnt exist before, prev weall celebrated on the same dates, now we dont, it has created extra problems not solved any.

Also are we that lazy and tilleh (loose) that we get agitated because we have to make an effort to find the dates for the year? Its not about celebrating its about our history. By claiming that pehla parkash took place 2 weeks before it happened, then we must also say that guru ji started getting the gurbani written 2 weeks earlier, which means they sent out gursikhs to collect the bani 2 weeks earlier.... unless we just throw out 2 weeks of our history like they didnt happen. I believe on thurday we (according to our new calendar) celebrated 5 gurpurbs on the same day... how about that hey!!?

I understand there is a prog this sunday in london to celebrate pehla parkash (from the 15th) and mr vedanti will also be present!!! i wonder what he will say at that prog, since the organisers have held it on the weekend after the 15th due to not being able to do it on the actual day itself?

Anyway as you guys said already been discussed, so perhaps its not worth going into again, or maybe it is..? But singh ji the truth will win through, Guru Ji always provides for his Sikhs this is just another attack on our dharam we'll pull through just like we have in the past, the khalsa will be victorious. Anyway despite all this we still brothers and the worst thing is that this creates 2 camps which cant stand eac

h other, lets try and figure out a way through this despite the heartache it is causing.