Start giving! See the joy of giving!

• 4 weeks later...

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Jeeo. Thank you for sharing Mehtab Singh! Waheguru alone knows why not one compassionate human being on this forum has commented on this. Give a man nindiyah to partake in and every man and his three legged dog has something to say, but something as beautiful as this does get a squeak.

Waheguru alone knows why not one compassionate human being on this forum has commented on this. Give a man nindiyah to partake in and every man and his three legged dog has something to say, but something as beautiful as this does get a squeak.

Yes, because there are ba$tards on this forum who think a non-Sikh girl getting gang-raped is justified because people of India "deserve" it.

Watching that is amazing, yet he is not doing something amazing,,he is just doing something he can- and which we all should-..Which is give!!

People like that make me feel ashamed of myself, and I realise what a loser i really am.

I try to be as much gurmat in my daily living as i can, but I don't give enough. I may see a homeless only once a week and even then I have to pause and hesitate to think ''How much change shall I give!''

I know that if I drive downtown some miles, I will see many homeless. BUT do I really have the courage to bring one of them home and feed them as well as offering them the use of bath and shower ??

I should be ashamed because we have 4 bathrooms with showers here and some are not ever used!

-It's difficult, but it makes me really think about it!

Watching that is amazing, yet he is not doing something amazing,,he is just doing something he can- and which we all should-..Which is give!!

People like that make me feel ashamed of myself, and I realise what a loser i really am.

I try to be as much gurmat in my daily living as i can, but I don't give enough. I may see a homeless only once a week and even then I have to pause and hesitate to think ''How much change shall I give!''

I know that if I drive downtown some miles, I will see many homeless. BUT do I really have the courage to bring one of them home and feed them as well as offering them the use of bath and shower ??

I should be ashamed because we have 4 bathrooms with showers here and some are not ever used!

There are so many homeless people in New York.

I give them the change in my pocket whenever I have any, but the guy in the video goes above and beyond what I expected any kind hearted person to do.

I am shocked and awed.

I know exactly how you feel my brother. But remember its not just about homeless people, it's also about the young, the elderly and the vulnerable, where we can put our Waheguru given gurmat principles in to action. We must always lead by example and let Gursikhi flow through every fabric of our being. I'll give you an example of something that happened to me last week, which left the 2 white brothers in my car in total shock. I was driving to the DIY store with my builders, when I noticed the bus 2 cars in front of me had just blatantly driven passed an old lady with her arm out. So I stopped and ran up to her and asked, "did that bus just drive passed you" to which she replied yes, that's the second one now. I was so upset that my first intention was to chase the bus and go and tell the driver what for! But then I thought what would Guru sahib tell me to do now, so I told her to jump in and I drove her to her destination, which was completely in the opposite direction and about 10 miles away from where I was originally going. The point of this example is not to boost my ego or make myself out to be some sort of saint (because Guru sahib alone noes how flawed I am) but it is to, show how leading by example and how the people that sometimes need our help are just on our day to day journey and that we can continually make a difference in everything we do. Needless to say the 2 gora paaji's were left in amazement at what Guru's teachings can make their disciples do :-)