Ardas and sewa for Con mass shooting victims.

Singh559

Because it was her right to own them. Maybe she liked going to gun ranges. Maybe she bought them for home defense. I don't think why she owned them is important.

What is important is the lack of mental healthcare available in this country. Nearly all these shootings are done by individuals suffering from serious mental issues. There needs to be a reform in the system, which is why Obama's healthcare law should greatly improve things

Mental stability is harder to diagnose than physical illnesses.

A sick person knows they are not feeling well, and will go see a doctor.

A mentally ill person will not realize that they are mentally ill. Instead, they will think that everyone else is crazy.

I am more concerned with the anti-gun law that is floating around Congress or the Senate. I cannot remember the last time so many shootings happened within such a short span of time (within the last year).

Scare the people to get what you want. Perhaps killing children will be the final push to get rid of the second amendment.

They have done it before. Pearl Harbor convinced the population to jump into WW2. September 11th convinced us to invade Iraq. We are just pawns in their big game.

EDIT: India does it too. Prevent the Blue Star memorial by telling people it will revive mitancy in Punjab. They invented the Khalistan controversy in the 80's to discredit legitimate Sikh demands and eliminate Akali Dal dominance in Punjab.

Everything that happens no matter what it's all upto waheguru.We have a mind of our own or does waheguru control it?Does waheguru think or do we think?

Do you think I'm saying that those kids deserved that?They did nothing to deserve that.They did nothing in Japan to deserve that.

Even when I'm saying as of right now it's all wahegurus doing.

I hate to break it to ya but waheguru is GOOD but he also is bad.If there was a separate god who controls the bad then what is waheguru?Waheguru is accountable for everything.We do not have a mind of our own but it's wahegurus mind.

Waheguru is good and he is evil.He is everything.Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi.

I know I sound crazy but thats how waheguru made me.

I hope you understand.Please enlighten me because this topic has been on my mind for a couple of weeks.

I agree brother. This is a tough pill for people to swallow. Everything happens according to God's will. We perceive His actions as good or bad.

People who love God only when good things happen are not real lovers.

Real lovers keep loving Him, even when He hurts us.

I think if we look at grand scheme of things, its part of his hakum/will. Innocent kids/people are dying every single day in this world we just don't hear about them....we don't hear about them does not mean its not happening. Now just because its part of his hakum/will/bhana that should not stop us for being compassionate, heal the word and ask for sarbat da bhalla because that itself is also part of hakum, in fact guru maharaj clearly says (symbolically) this whole world is standing on thread of dya(compassion)- Dhaul Dharam Daya Ka Poot.

So yea human natural response should be dya(compassion) in wake of this tragedy but at the same time we also try to understand- grand scheme of things in Kudrat/Vahiguroo Raza/Bhana/will..!!

Being caught up too much in understanding hakum/will/karam could take one way from his natural human instinct which is compassion for maharaj's creation/sarbat da bhalla.

Are you kidding me? The 2nd amendment will never ever ever be overturned. Ever. It won't happen, and it shouldn't happen.

As for why white people are labeled with mental health issues and colored people terrorist, I don't think that's the way it works. They are labeled that way because people make their intentions known. If tomorrow an African person just went into a school and shot it up, I think he people would say he had a mental illness. But if he was a member of some African Independence league or something then obviously he would be labeled a terrorist. Remember Virginia Tech when that Korean killed 32 people? No one called him a terrorist. But remember the Oak Creek shooting? The media repeatedly called that an act of terrorism.

Don't generalize

Morgan Freeman take on the shooting and media coverage:

MV5BMTc0MDMyMzI2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall

shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed

people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse,

and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a

sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics
somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw
and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours.
Any articles or news stories yet that focuson the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet.
Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this
and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim.
You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem.
You can help by turning off the news.

Anti-Gun Donations Surge After Connecticut Shooting
By Catherine New
HuffingtonPost.com
Within hours of the mass shooting that killed more than two dozen people in Connecticut on Friday, social media channels surged with grief and heartfelt condolences. There also was an avalanche of donations to anti-gun organizations.
"Our site crashed today, and its bandwidth had been boosted after Aurora," said Caroline Brewer, a spokeswoman for the Brady Campaign, a nonprofit organization that lobbies for gun-control laws, referring to the movie theater slaughter in the Colorado town. "Americans are reaching out in extraordinary numbers."
While it is not unusual for nonprofit organizations to see an uptick in donations following a devastating event, anti-gun violence organizations reported on Friday afternoon the number of gifts they had received far surpassed the bump in charitable giving they usually see after mass shootings.
The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary led to at least 27 deaths, including 20 children, six adults and the shooter. It's the nation's second-deadliest school shooting, exceeded only by the Virginia Tech massacre that left 32 people and the shooter dead in 2007, according to the Associated Press.
"Today hit me differently," said Maris Kreizman, 34, a book editor who lives in New York who made a $35 donation to the Brady Campaign. "I needed to act and not just tweet about it."
Sarah Hench, director of development at the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, a nonprofit research and policy organization in Washington, said her organization had a record number of gifts Friday, surpassing the surge that followed the Aurora movie theater shooting that killed 12 and wounded at least 50.
"People are desperate to do something to make sure that this does not happen again, a mass shooting in a kindergarten classroom," Hench said.
Hench said she had no details on the number of new donors or amount raised, except that it was substantially higher than usual.
This year has been especially grim for mass murder, with the Aurora shooting in July and a mall shooting near Portland, Ore., just this week that killed three.
The impulse to help during a time of crisis, especially though philanthropy, can be tricky. Consumer advocates warn about potential charity scams that following natural disasters and similar tragedies and say donors should stick to established organizations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/anti-gun-donations-surge-connecticut-shooting_n_2303632.html#slide=1888028