ANTIQUE MINIATURE GURU GRANTH SAHIB

Mehtab Singh

my grandfather had one of these granths. They got them given to them when they were in the military. This granth is now in the national sikh museam at Guru Nanak Gurdwara in Leicester. I suggest rather then selling it you give guru sahib into the hands of those that can look after Maharaj and give it the satkar and upkeep it deserves. if you put it in any old museum it will stay behind a cover and never be fully respected.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have recieved pics from inder pal singh ji, mr singh should put the pics up soon.

he is selling it because he is in debt, so he says. and also, only did the pics of the bir in his hand to show its actual size.

he did try and take pics of the bir on a manji sahib and chaur sahib etc, but it did not show the actual size.

anyway, over to mr singh to put the pics up.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'm not sure I like the idea of having Guru Maharaj ji's saroop in such a small size :(

Anywhay, heres the pictures Kandy :lol: veer ji sent tongue.gif

untitled.jpg

untitled_2.jpg

untitled_3.jpg

untitled_7.jpg

Doesnt look very much liek abha sahib is respecting the saroop to o mcuh - i mite be assumign too much tho blush.gif

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest stopsingh2
i have recieved pics from inder pal singh ji, mr singh should put the pics up soon.

he is selling it because he is in debt, so he says. and also, only did the pics of the bir in his hand to show its actual size.

he did try and take pics of the bir on a manji sahib and chaur sahib etc, but it did not show the actual size.

anyway, over to mr singh to put the pics up.

Wow he has got himself into 50,000 US$ of debt. Its hard enough trying to get a loan for a few lakh rupees let alone the equivalent of 50,000 dollars worth.

I read a interesting post on the sikhawareness forum by Amandeep Madra.

" have recieved a couple of PMs and some emails about this. Here are some thoughts. These types of miniature birs date from around the time of World war 1. Apparantly they were carried by soldiers into battle ? I dont know if that is true or whether they were just produced as "novelties" (clearly they are not practicle in any sense). This particular saroop is in pretty poor condition - the binding has completely gone and it is quite badly worn. It would need a considerable amount of stabilisation and then rebinding. As an artefect it is not of the quality that would attract anything like the value mentioned. I doubt that it is even worth (as an object) even a tenth of that value. Handwritten illustrated janamsakhi manuscripts from a century earlier tha

n this have been sold for £4-£5K in London in the past so a cost of $50K is quite ridiculous.

Sorry for turngin the debat einto a commodity one - but I was asked. "

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

whatever the reason maybe......so if u fall in a debt tommorrow u sell guruji's saroop??.......thats sooooo :lol: .......think of it this way.....i fall into a debt and say i sell my family as slaves......would that be alright.....and this isn't even about family....Its about Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Minature Saroop...... :|

:(

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

There is a saroop like this in the Houston Gurdwara Saahib in Northern BC. Although, from the pictures of this saroop, i hav to say that the saroop in BC is kept much more respectedly and its way neater...like the ang aren;t falling out. it's in really good condition...it's also about the same size as the one in these pictures. everyday, parkaash is done of the saroop at the gurdwara right next to the normal saroop. just thought i'd add in this little part....and i was wondering..about how many saroops of this size are out there in the world? when i saw the one in BC i thought it was the only one in the world and its also amazing how EVERY word is there and if u take a magnifying glass u can read it

wowwww ohmy.gif