diet plans

Guest dedicated

Guest dedicated

Could someone please provide some week by week diet plans for extreme weight loss?? It would help if they incorporate punjabi foods, though not necessarily. Need to be easy to make.

My main issue is getting a filling breakfast thats not too fatty, and same for lunches. Dinner I don't see a problem with usual dal sabji etc. as long as not too much oil is used.

I would really appreciate it.

Firstly, do not be too conscious about your weight, as long as you are okay, that should be fine. i see too many 'bad' singhs trying to look ripped these days which is good but some are too obsessed with themselves. Nothing wrong with having a six pack and being a bit hench but don't think that weight is everything which i am sure you don't so good luck to your new years resolution i guess?

what is do though i am not sure of this suits everyone,

Breakfast 8am - water.

Dinner 1 rotti around 2pm with achaar and milk

a short snack around 7pm-something such as a piece of toast or cereal.

Drink some cold milk before bed again.

I personally, if i get time, go to the gym around 4-5 days a week and for 3 of them days i only do stomach training.

p/s: listen to simran along to keep your motivation spirit to the max.

and good luck again, best wishes to you my friend.

Guest dedicated

Firstly, do not be too conscious about your weight, as long as you are okay, that should be fine. i see too many 'bad' singhs trying to look ripped these days which is good but some are too obsessed with themselves. Nothing wrong with having a six pack and being a bit hench but don't think that weight is everything which i am sure you don't so good luck to your new years resolution i guess?

Breakfast 8am - water.

I personally, if i get time, go to the gym around 4-5 days a week and for 3 of them days i only do stomach training.

Thanks for your reply but you must be joking right, no normal human can survive on that amount of 'food' :S

VJKK VJKF

I was reluntant to respond without sufficient information and neither am I a medical professional. However, I would strongly suggest that you do not become tempted to try any crash diets as these are not recommended.

I was also going to advise you against the above but you seem to have picked up on that one.

There are a couple of threads on the health and fitness forum which contain some meal suggestions. You may benefit from discussing with your GP if you have a substantial amount of weight to loose. I can only advise of heathly meal options.

Breakfast 8am - water.

e te banda maran di planning e :p

I heard Daduwal had surgery recently, supposed to have gone well, not seen how much weight he's actually lost. A lot of people are having surgery now. Maybe you could consider it depending on your circumstances.

The Best diet plans weight loss should contain plenty of proteins, carbohydrates and a negligible amount of fat, though some people prefer to completely eliminate fat in their diets while trying to lose weight. A weight reduction diet should also contain good amounts of minerals and nutrients to ensure good health and vitality.

Some bad advice is being given here so I thought I would give a few pointers. Have you thought of seeing a dietitician?

Your diet should ideally consist of a relatively equal amount of protein, low GI (wholewheat) carbohydrates and fat (good fats). Nothing wrong with dairy, daal, soya as part of a healthy diet.

The amount you should eat to lose weight varies from person to person. The normal maintainence calories of a sedentary young man is roughly 2000cals/day. If you take in more calories than you burn, you gain weight, if you take in less, you gain weight. You can calculate the calorific and nutritional content of each meal and work out how many calories you are getting in a day, and base the size of your meals on that. Better to have more small meals a day than 1 or 2 larger ones.

You should do exercise which increases you metabolism and promotes maintainence of lean body mass (muscle) and helps burn fat.

"Extreme" weight loss diets are not a good idea. You should be aiming to slowly lose weight making lifestyle and dietary changes that you can continue in the long term to maintain a normal weight.

- a practising medical doctor.

Agree with previous poster. Make long term changes that you can live with for the rest of your life. Look at what you eat in a typical week - keep a food diary. Analyse it. Sometimes you'll be surprised that you ate 16 biscuits in a week or that you ate quite a lot of crisps etc. Just the appreciation of what you eat can be enough to motivate you.

Next make small changes like if you drink lots of milk, then switch from full fat to semi skimmed. Change nothing else for 1-2 weeks. Get used to the change then make another one like using margarine instead of butter. Then make another change like swapping biscuits for monkey nuts, walnuts and almonds (not too many as high in fat). Do that for another 1-2 weeks. Then make another change etc.

The idea is that you need to change your entire attitude and approach to food. That's why fad diets don't work - they're short term diets that are difficult to live with. You need to change to a diet you can live with for the rest of your life.

I can't remember when I last had cake. I don't eat biscuits. I sometimes have crisps - maybe once every two weeks. I don't miss pizza or chips - I have these once a month at the most.

I use myfitnesspal iphone app (they have a website too) to track what you're eating.

Others have mentioned exercise. People think of the gym and then say no. Instead, increase the amount of physical activity you have to do. Walk to work. Or park the car further away so there's more to walk. Or get off the bus a stop earlier. Use the stairs instead of the lift/elevator. Hide the remote control so you have to get up to change the channel! Just as along as it means you're doing more physical activity. THEN increase it to brisk walks. This means fast enough that you can't say more than a word or two because you're breathing hard.

There's a program called c25k or similar. Basically "couch to 5km". The idea is to get you to run three miles non stop. I've been on this and can now do 1.5 miles nonstop. This is from someone who could probably sprint 100m before collapsing.