amritdhari and removing his gathra/kirpan are we allowed ?

Guest TrueSikh

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people on this forum need to talk about things that they actually have done rather then sitting on the sidelines making rules for others. Get out of the house and actually try sparring and then g

No matter what u need to carry on with ur Kirpan... I had a friend who is in Army and he is amritdhari.... as u all know army training is the toughest one.... There was a task to lie and roll on th

you don't need to take off the kirpan, you can wear a smaller kirpan in your dastar.

If in doubt refer to the rehat maryada or what you were advised by the panj pyare during your amrit sanchar.

The following quotation has been taken from the Rehat maryada which I understand has been approved by Akal Takht:

"Have, on your person, all the time, the five K’s:

The Keshas (unshorn hair), the Kirpan (sheathed sword) [The length of the sword to be worn is not prescribed.], the Kachhehra [The Kachhehra (drawers like garment) may be made from any cloth, but its legs should not reach down to below the shins.], the Kanga (comb), the Karha (steel bracelet) [The karha should be of pure steel.]"

Here the length of the sword is not prescribed, however a symbol of a kirpan, can not function as a kirpan... that is what makes a clear distinction between the two in my view.

Leh steel da pana kara ki iron da?

Leh steel da pana kara ki iron da?

JFI: I am not saying I agree/disagree with this.

To clarify: As far as the quote I made was concerned, in all honestly I was reluntant to quote from that source. If you read the first thing I wrote, I advise to refer to the rehat marayda (so it is up to each individual to make of that what they will) OR refer to what panj pyare advise.

You're doomed if you do, and you're doomed if you don't! I just didn't want people being left with the thought that if they do paat first, they can remove their kirpan.

• Like 1

JFI: I am not saying I agree/disagree with this.

To clarify: As far as the quote I made was concerned, in all honestly I was reluntant to quote from that source. If you read the first thing I wrote, I advise to refer to the rehat marayda (so it is up to each individual to make of that what they will) OR refer to what panj pyare advise.

You're doomed if you do, and you're doomed if you don't! I just didn't want people being left with the thought that if they do paat first, they can remove their kirpan.

Arey mere Pyaari Sis :)

O te mai u pta tuc jo likhya e......

Mai puchri c kera pana kara.... mai te janam to hun tak steel da paya c kara and now i am wearing iron wala.... o puchya sis kera pana?

Wear whatever you wore to your amrit sanchar penji.

at that time i was wearing steel one....

somebody told me to wear sarbhloh wala ..... now i am wearing that....

confuse karta mainu sabne..... baba g... thalle aake dasso mai ki pau :stupidme:

at that time i was wearing steel one....

somebody told me to wear sarbhloh wala ..... now i am wearing that....

confuse karta mainu sabne..... baba g... thalle aake dasso mai ki pau :stupidme:

penji, at the amrit sanchar i attended, panj pyare checked our kakkars, that was the reason I said what I did. I don't know whether that was the case for you. There are people that follow slightly different rehat, some wear a steel kara and some wear a iron kara, so you will be faced with a difference of opinion whoever you ask. I follow the rehat that I was given by the panj pyare. As this is getting off topic, pm me if you need to and sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

• Like 1

penji, at the amrit sanchar i attended, panj pyare checked our kakkars, that was the reason I said what I did. I don't know whether that was the case for you. There are people that follow slightly different rehat, some wear a steel kara and some wear a iron kara, so you will be faced with a difference of opinion whoever you ask. I follow the rehat that I was given by the panj pyare. As this is getting off topic, pm me if you need to and sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

Nopes nothing to be sorry dear :) yup we are going off the topic :)

but confusion te dur karti tuc :)

Rugby_singh

I would say no it's not okay to remove your kirpan to play sports. However, I have never played rugby so I am not in a position to advise on how best to secure it, sorry. Try contacting JaskaranS through personal messanger, if no one else can help, he goes to school and plays rugby whilst wearing a kirpan.

Guest rugbysingh

Jaskaran singh replied saying that he knew he made a mistake iby taking it off but he said dont worry to much while he was fighting he said he had his inner kirpan in hand. GuptkaurUk how did you know he use to play rugby??

Jaskaran singh replied saying that he knew he made a mistake iby taking it off but he said dont worry to much while he was fighting he said he had his inner kirpan in hand. GuptkaurUk how did you know he use to play rugby??

I am a little confused, can you PM me instead?

If you have been blessed to be initiated with khande batehe da pahul then the answer is simple. Kakkar are angs, NEVER remove them if you have a choice. I mean come on Singho don't be hypocrites! Look at our shaheeds did they remove a kakkar or did they face death?

Nowadays people think I'm going to go on holiday, got to take of my kirpan, no issues just do ardas, it's okay. It's the law! But same person goes out all OSD when having the daily shower! Making sure kachera , kirpan are on body at all times.

WHAT! Is man made law more important than GURU's lawWHAT! Is man made law more important than GURU's law.

ALSO on side note why do so many (just on this forum), ask yeah, but what is your nitnem like? UMMH! you have broken your amrit if you have not followed the rehat prescribed by the panj!