why no nishan sahib in nanaksar gurdwaras ?

gupt faujaan

Why would the admins lock the thread without any reason? Gupt Faujaa just asked a simple question and he should get an answer for that. Lets not give the admin team a bad name like that.

About the question, it is true that all the original Nanaksar 'thaaths' don't have Nishan Sahibs. Many Nanaksar going people say it's because they don't want any association with SGPC. Nishan Sahib is emblem which was given to us by Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and it is should be flown with pride at all Guru asthaans.

btw, our local Nanaksar does have one...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

With all due respect, I think the main reason for the Nishan Sahib is the symbol on it, which is the Khanda. Whether it is present on a flag with a long pole, or on it's own, it represents the same thing. If you go to the main Nanaksar Gurughar in Jagroan, you will see the Khanda on top of the gate, therefore I don't think Nanaksar is trying to be segregated or against the SGPC in anything.

Just my two cents.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sehjo Kaur Ji, Nishaan Sahib represents that Sikhs are a separate Quam. Which quam has their own flag? any? Guru Ji gave us everything different. Guru Ji created a new quam and that quam must have a Nishaan Sahib. Also, it is not only about khanda, but triangular shape, farla etc. represent many things. Shaheed Singhs do pehra around Nishaan Sahib not the khanda only. sorry for going off topic. our local nanaksar has one but i think it is because sangat forced them too. their many customs didn't make sense to me but after talking to one person who been with nanaksar for a long time i understood why they do things the way they do it. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akal:

It is the flag part that is important, not the color or the symbol located on it. The Nishan Sahib from olden times flown by the Akali Nihangs (and are still flown at processions by the Nihangs) are plain blue flags.

The Nishan Sahib is the symbol of a distinct, independent nation and it being flown at Gurudwaras designate them as independent soverign territory of the Sikhs.

Of course, this is all off topic... :yehyehyeh: