first time divine experience

Guest neo

2 years ago i started doing paath at amritvela.then i stoped doing it because i had read so articles on internet against the existance of god.then i become a total atheist not because i was rejecting god but it is not logical for god existance.but i was totally honest to myself.then i changed my lifestyle i started to drink go to parties and haging out with friends and so on.but i was totally enjoying my life and totally satisfied with it.But then i just give my faith a chance.one day i just woke up at amritvela and started doing naam jap.after 5 minutes later i started to feel something then that feeling become intense and then i felt someone from inside like you feel yourself.then the feeling become so good like never had such experience in my life.then after sometime i somehow lost my control and then it faded away.now i am totally confused about god.i was so far from believeing and then it happened to me.but still i don't get it.how is that possible.how something can exist without logic.well don't know that the god like written in the books exist but i do know that there is something.But still i am confused because when i do the fun stuff in past i knew that there is nothing but now i have to rethink.but still i don't want to change my lifestyle.i still don't know that the god as explained by religion exists or not but i do know that there is an awesome feeling that exists.

Now pls sangat ji comment i want to knw what you think :)

welcome to the club mate just go slow and one day youll feel like that all the time and thus you will be jaaping naam all the time > getting up and sitting down naam jaap. Do some studies of Gurmat/Translations/Vocab and your answer will be revealed. Also I see that your neo - modern typeish this link may be of use http://www.gurunanakacademy.com/audio/index.php?q=f&f=%2FEnglish+Katha%2FBhai+Parminder+Singh+Ji

WJKK WJKFFF!

My first ever divine experience was when I looked in the mirror for the first time. It was at that moment I knew there was something special in the universe.

T'was me.

:blush2:

You are special!

My first ever divine experience was when I looked in the mirror for the first time. It was at that moment I knew there was something special in the universe.

T'was me.

loool :-) Anyways, look somethings are far beyond us so they don't seem 'logical'. We are not at that avastha/stage yet which is the reason why we do not understand. It is like studying, youngsters so not have a clue what university level stuff is. We just have to strive and try to build our level of spirituality. By the way, this will start by taking Amrit, then you will make progress a lot better. For now, forget the logic/proof/explanations, trust me, just covinve yourself that God exists; don't doubt it even for a split second, then watch overtime you will become a great japi-tapi. And you might see God, then when you meet God you can ask him about the logic behind him lol.

loool :-) Anyways, look somethings are far beyond us so they don't seem 'logical'. We are not at that avastha/stage yet which is the reason why we do not understand. It is like studying, youngsters so not have a clue what university level stuff is. We just have to strive and try to build our level of spirituality. By the way, this will start by taking Amrit, then you will make progress a lot better. For now, forget the logic/proof/explanations, trust me, just covinve yourself that God exists; don't doubt it even for a split second, then watch overtime you will become a great japi-tapi. And you might see God, then when you meet God you can ask him about the logic behind him lol.

You are absolutely spot-on. Trying to explain or even make sense of such things in your mind in a coherent manner is very difficult. You just "feel" it, like a flash of clarity which then disappears as quick as it came, and you can't replicate it in a way that someone else who comes along can say "Yeah I fully understand where you're coming from". To use a bit of a trite phrase "The proof is in the pudding" and that's the best way anyone such as myself with a completely limited grasp of what's going on can justify it.

I think it's really cool you pushed past the obstacles that many of us still occasionally encounter (I certainly do) on this weird but wonderful journey.

You are special!

I'm waiting for the punchline, brother! :biggrin2:

Science does not have proofs of everything either. Sikhi is the most practical religion on Earth and I can not even try to show you how in this post. It is good that you are asking questions because questioning it is the very first step so you can clear your doubts and see your own what is right wrong.

I will give you an example. Science has now discovered that various types of waves such as Gama wave and Beta exists all around us, but can we see with human eyes? People would definately laugh at this if this was said centuries back because it was not proven by scientists yet. But did those waves not exist back in the time?

There was a quote from Einstein which said that it is possible to find what supports one law of physics , and then go back and find which law supports that law. But if we go back to the very last law which is the building block of all the laws present, it is impossible to find how that law exists. Even Einstein said he believes that a greater power surrounds this whole Universe which is not man made, and impossible for a man to understand. And if we try to make sense of this, Guru Nanak Dev ji, the founder of Sikhism already described 500 years ago that Sachkhand ( heaven/ God) to exists and surrounds around the whole creation.
Guru Nanak Dev ji already said 500 years ago that there are numerous universe and solar systems that cannot be numbered, yet scientists are now beginning to believe the same. You can find this here in Japji Sahib

. Also try looking at this http://www.realsikhism.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1248124792&ucat=5 .

Also, Big Bang Theory suggests that Earth was formed when debris condensed and resulted in huge bang and production of tremendous light and in the Universe. This pressure also generated a sound which is still thought to be present in the Universe but scientists are not sure what that exact sound is. Guru Nanak Dev ji explains this in Gurbani. Guru ji says the pressure resulted in light and sound - Ong - which is still present in the Universe. Gurbani describes that there are sounds which cannot be heard with human, but are present. They are called Anhad - Shabad.

Sikhi is logical. It totally is. And there is a part of you that knows the right thing, that is why you came here to ask about it :) God is not found outside in the jungle, He is present just inside and it is by the Naam abheyaas when He can be felt, seen. To be very honest with you, I actually think you are really lucky to feel that pull inside you soul which is guiding you :biggrin2: . Not everyone gets that, people are just found to fonder confused and lost. But it is Guru Sahib's so much Kirpa that you feel that!!

Waheguru Ang Sang

T'was me.

Looking in the mirror is like the first step into recognizing the real youe\.

In the mirror you only see yourself as you are in this maya illusion.

You can't see, experience or reflect your consciousness.

Imagine the reflection that you see in the mirror and you want to just leave it there as it is and walk away with everything minus what can be seen in the mirror.

Then what you are left with is just your Consciousness and the Pure Supreme God-conscious.

Thus you have walked out of the duality !!!

(little confusing, ....I know!!!)

ANYWAY, quantum physicists do understand that only a consciousness is what exists throughout the universe that is unaffected with any physical phenomena.

The whole universe exists within som sort of consciousness.

You are absolutely spot-on. Trying to explain or even make sense of such things in your mind in a coherent manner is very difficult. You just "feel" it, like a flash of clarity which then disappears as quick as it came, and you can't replicate it in a way that someone else who comes along can say "Yeah I fully understand where you're coming from". To use a bit of a trite phrase "The proof is in the pudding" and that's the best way anyone such as myself with a completely limited grasp of what's going on can justify it.

I think it's really cool you pushed past the obstacles that many of us still occasionally encounter (I certainly do) on this weird but wonderful journey.

I'm waiting for the punchline, brother! :biggrin2:

BUT...Kaljugi was much more special ;)