What would you say to a Saint to please them?

Beginner

There are very few true sants I'm afraid, and spending your time looking for one is not going to help your own spirituality.

Guru Nanak Dev ji walked over 40,000 miles across this globe and some sikhs like to claim that he did this to spread the word !!

I'm afraid this is also wrong, because he didn't travel to spread the teachings of gurmat only !

He was also travelling and looking for enlightened beings and to see what they were doing and have done to become enlightened.

He wanted to see if there were others that could see what he could see !

Sadly, even Guru Nanak Ji only ever came across a few enlightened people on his travels and the few he did meet, he collected their work or writings if they had any and kept it in his pothi.

"..He was also travelling and looking for enlightened beings and to see what they were doing and have done to become enlightened.

He wanted to see if there were others that could see what he could see ! Sadly, even Guru Nanak Ji only ever came across a few enlightened people on his travels and the few he did meet, he collected their work or writings if they had any and kept it in his pothi..."

I am not sure what you meant by this statement maybe i misunderstood something but it makes me uncomfortable. I don't feel Guru ji travelled to compare his experience with other enlightened beings, the only reason he could go to seekers was to help them achieve their goals and to give them darshan. Guru Nanak is Nirankar Himself. There is only ONE and only ONE Guru NANAK. No other like Him. Ik Oangkaar...

Bringing Gurus to the level of saints is ridiculous, if they want they can make billions brhamgyanis and saints/enlightened beings etc etc. But billions of enlightened beings cannot make one GURU NANAK.

There are very few true sants I'm afraid, and spending your time looking for one is not going to help your own spirituality.

Guru Nanak Dev ji walked over 40,000 miles across this globe and some sikhs like to claim that he did this to spread the word !!

I'm afraid this is also wrong, because he didn't travel to spread the teachings of gurmat only !

He was also travelling and looking for enlightened beings and to see what they were doing and have done to become enlightened.

He wanted to see if there were others that could see what he could see !

Sadly, even Guru Nanak Ji only ever came across a few enlightened people on his travels and the few he did meet, he collected their work or writings if they had any and kept it in his pothi.

I am not sure what you meant by this statement maybe i misunderstood something but it makes me uncomfortable. I don't feel Guru ji travelled to compare his experience with other enlightened beings, the only reason he could go to seekers was to help them achieve their goals and to give them darshan. Guru Nanak is Nirankar Himself. There is only ONE and only ONE Guru NANAK. No other like Him. Ik Oangkaar...

Bringing Gurus to the level of saints is ridiculous, if they want they can make billions brhamgyanis and saints/enlightened beings etc etc. But billions of enlightened beings cannot make one GURU NANAK.

"..He was also travelling and looking for enlightened beings and to see what they were doing and have done to become enlightened.

He wanted to see if there were others that could see what he could see ! Sadly, even Guru Nanak Ji only ever came across a few enlightened people on his travels and the few he did meet, he collected their work or writings if they had any and kept it in his pothi..."

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying here.

I am not in any way equating tha status of anyone enoghtened to Guru or of a sant to guru.

I am stating that Guruji was as humble as anybody could possibly be, in the sense that he did NOT go around preaching or commanding his word. He simply went questioning and to correct what he saw as wrong.

An example is the 'Sidh Gosht' which is the dialogue between Guruji and Yogis/sadhus.

Now, Guruji never argued or claimed that they were not enlightened, but he did try to make them realise that they did not have to have a life of a recluse hiding away in caves and doing bhagti.

He tried to teach them that if you look inside yourself no matter where you are located (caves or city) you can still find God.

Hence, you can find God in a grihasti jeevam which the sadhus thought was impossible.

If we look into sidh ghosht, then you shall see how humble and respectful guruji was.

He never doubts their enlightenent or claims otherwise.

Thus, you can also deduce that Guruji approched the sadhu's not to preach to them, but to see what they were practicing and how they were practicing.

Guru Arjan Dev ji, included this whole dialogue for the very reason that we can further learn from it.

There is another way of looking at this point of view is Guru Granth Sahib, we do not give more importance to Bani of our Guru and we do not take Bhagat Baani lightly. Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru and Guru Arjan Sahib compiled all the Baani which was in accordance with Gurmat, we treat all the baani with utmost respect.

like how people have a very limited view of Nirankar in sargun saroop, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji maharaj. Singho, please realise when you are placing your pre concieved limitations on Guru maharaj through deducments etc. Something we want to avoid, waheguru.

Please explain what u mean by " your pre concieved limitations on Guru maharaj through deducments etc."

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying here.

I am not in any way equating tha status of anyone enoghtened to Guru or of a sant to guru.

I am stating that Guruji was as humble as anybody could possibly be, in the sense that he did NOT go around preaching or commanding his word. He simply went questioning and to correct what he saw as wrong.

An example is the 'Sidh Gosht' which is the dialogue between Guruji and Yogis/sadhus.

Now, Guruji never argued or claimed that they were not enlightened, but he did try to make them realise that they did not have to have a life of a recluse hiding away in caves and doing bhagti.

He tried to teach them that if you look inside yourself no matter where you are located (caves or city) you can still find God.

Hence, you can find God in a grihasti jeevam which the sadhus thought was impossible.

If we look into sidh ghosht, then you shall see how humble and respectful guruji was.

He never doubts their enlightenent or claims otherwise.

Thus, you can also deduce that Guruji approched the sadhu's not to preach to them, but to see what they were practicing and how they were practicing.

Guru Arjan Dev ji, included this whole dialogue for the very reason that we can further learn from it.

I see.