Hair and not overdiscussed

Guest Akaur

Guest Akaur

WJKK WJKF Jio,

I have been amritdhari for a few yrs now and of I don't pluck off my facial hair I will grow a beard. When I did not touch it in the early days I was laughed at and even in my wedding I was ridiculed.

I don't want to carry on commiting a bujer kureit and know best advice would be from the panj pyare but to any Gursikh - Shall I take my kirpan off :( (pray that one day I CAN have it with me again) but still keep keski, kara and kachera becuase these I need and have the strength to keep.

Thanks. WJKK WJKF.

Can u let us know y u only want to take off ur Kirpan? It is causing some kind of problem for u?

One of my aunt was not able to wear kirpan as she use to get rashes if it touch skin... Do u have some problem like that coz usually people wear kirpan underneath their clothes......

Guest friend

WKJJ WJKF Penjee you are probably feeling paranoid and want to look hairless like celeb. Remember that the more you touch the 'hair' the faster and thicker it will grow. Removal of hair is wrong in any wa, but plucking is really bad in terms of re-growth. you are the way god made you and changing that woud be a fake version of you. Just forget the external image.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsaa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Penji, if you take your Kirpan off, Kirpa is going to go down. Why do you want to go down in the struggle of going up? Keep your Kirpan on which makes you brave and Guru Sahib ji's daughter.

I would just say, keep your sangat of Gursikhs. The right solutions to this is elevate your spiritual life even more so you do not feel uncomfortable! If you are surrounded by manmukhs - they can only think with their small minds which are already polluted! How can you expect to find directions from a person who is already lost the way. Just like that, how can you expect to hear kind words from manmuks who know nothing of right and wrong. ( I know its easy to say, hard to do. But you can do it because you are Amritdhari Singhni). If you are surrounded by Gursikhs they will look at you with pyaar and all the awesomeness!! :)

Sangat play a big part, I am not saying eliminate manmukhs sangat just because of hair issue, I am saying this because as a Gursikh its useful to do so ^_^

If you go to the root of this, ( as I see it)
Why does a person do bujjer kurehet? Maybe because of insecurity.
Why would a person not do bujjer kurehet? Because of love for Waheguru.

Don't let a such a small internal conflict to give up on such precious love of Waheguru :l:
And you know look at the nature of internal conflicts like insecurity, they start and go to a peak where they bother you a lot, that is when you are under most pressure to make decision, you either do it or not. If you do it, then that is what you do. But if you dont do it, you start to adjust and get comfortable with yourself. You start getting courage and accept yourself. And then you go down from the peak. Slowly, the hair issue would be a non-issue in your life. Let me know what you think :)

I see this is a huge issue for many women and "stopping" many women from receiving Amrit - yes I know you only receive it when it's Kirpa and Will

BUT this was not an issue back in the day...I'm talkin hundreds of years back in the day - women ate differently, they were more physical in regards to labour, sweated, weight was under control, weather was hot, working around open fires (where hair got singed unintentionally) all contributed to the fact that women were healtheir in regards to hormones and the amount of facial hair they produced.

Now, I've had my facial hair lasered off and it worked, it's still there but to a much lesser extent however my upper lip is pretty bad as I didn't get that part lasered. I know I had more than average hair (thick, bristly) because I'm overweight, have PCOS and diabetic.

Being a woman and hairy IS an issue, it causes a lot of mental stress, anguish, makes you paranoid about going out. I spent the best part of 18 months hiding in my own home because of it (not because I didn't have support or sangat) but because it's bloody darn hard! You can sit and recite as much Gurbani, go to sangat but even then sangat will console you for the the best of 5 minutes and say "oh don't wory you will be fine, you will get married, just ignore the stares and the comments" REALLY?

If anyone asks my advice, and in the future if my daughters ask me,I would say I recommend laser treatment because IT HELPS.

There was a Singh who had no beard. He asked Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa as to a remedy since men should have a beard. He was ridiculed as a khoja.

Baba Ji said for 40days put sangat di dhoor on your face and a beard will grow. Apply this same remedy for woman

There was a Singh who had no beard. He asked Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa as to a remedy since men should have a beard. He was ridiculed as a khoja.

Baba Ji said for 40days put sangat di dhoor on your face and a beard will grow. Apply this same remedy for woman

Another example of what is wrong with "Sikhs" today. Sikhi isn't about growing hair with whatever you're referring to.