why use derogatory words in sikh.frustrated

Guest sikh

its been quite sometime since i have been reading posts on sikhsangat.com referring to different castes by by derogatory slangs.I am sure the guys who mark such posts would refrain from calling blacks "nigger" for fear of "rascist" vibes.

Sikhs say that the others being rascist to them when they call a sikh a taliban .But why do they fail to analyse their own actions when they refer to a khatri as "bhaaappe" or "bania' and a ramgarhia as "tarkhan",mazhabi sikhs as "churaas".When the other castes have not invented derogatory slangs for jats.Does it all imply that khatris,ramgarhias and mazhabis had absolutely no rule to play in the progress of the sikh religion.

Have they been sidelined.People refers to khatris as greedy but they fail to look at themselves when they have also usurped others' lands,murdered relatives for land.The jats refer to "churaas" and say that the churass were born of illegitimate relations between jats and lower caste mothers.This is frustrating.The wise know that Khatris have played a decent role in advancing the motives of sikh religion.They have fought wars too.But they are clubbed as "bhaappes" and "Banias" due to the narrowmindedness of a jatt parliamentarian post partition.Khatris existed on the Indian side of punjab prepartition too but the parliamentarians termed Khatris from Pakistan in derogatory words and denied them the right to live honorably in Indian Punjab.The paliamentarians generalized the entire khatri folk in the Indian Punjab as well as Paki Punjab.Jats too lost their property in Pakistan and immigrated to Indian Punjab in large numbers but they werent called refugees,.There exist khatris familied who have served in the army since generations but no credit is given to that and the entire community is marginalized as Mercantile.

All castes are subject to the same reservations and quotas set aside by the indian government with respect to jobs.But Khatris,Ramgarhias ,Lubanas and Aroras dont resort to seeking reservations under scheduled castes.But when jats resort to such tactics ,they are condoned by saying that its hard to get jobs for jats ,that too when 70% of the sikh population is jats .But Its hard for everyone to get jobs.

Mazhabis received the worst of the brunt .There is no dearth of villifying videos on youtube scorning the mazhabis.

As you can see ,I am a non Jat.Through out my life I have had to listen to snide remarks from hindus like"sikhon ke Barah bajj gaye" and "pagri me kya hai".When ever someone would pass comments at sikh women I would feel incensed .I have been called taliban and paki and what not.I have picked fights thinking its my duty as a sikh.But now I ask myself was it all vain when my sikh brethren themselves look down upon me.I am of course pissed off to see derogatory slangs used by guys on sikhsangat of all the places.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ _sikh_ - I completely understand your frustration and pain. Whilst I would never describe my upbringing as sheltered I was unaware of how deep divisions are amongst Sikhs in the outside world according to caste and background. Even now being proud of one's caste is something which seems rather abstract and futile to my mind anyway. It was only when I left school and came across "my own" did such attitudes make themselves apparent to me. You've just got to mark it down as inherited prejudice from elders which, for some reason, continues to this very day. Be content in the fact our faith stands in complete opposition to such attitudes.

sounds like you dont like jats arent you being a little racist now, it comes down to personal insecurities, i was born into a jat family and know forgive the expression churass , who take no nonsense from any one and are very proud sensible people, likewise the other castes too, except for the chamaars they always seem to be going on about how they were treated by the jats, but you dont hear it from the others so much, dont know why. I am saddened to read about your experiences and all i can say is try to keep in chardi kala and dont let it get you down.

Please forgive me for the terms i have had to use, my personal belief is take Khande de pahul/keep rehat, and finish you caste link, until then you will suffer!

Now i have no caste, i am the son of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj!

WJKK WJKF

This happens.....

My father is Ramgharia n my mum bhappee

Now when they fight.....

My father says to my mum..bhappe 100 syape...

N my mum says....ramgharia bada saarya... Hahaha

N I m mixed breed....n meri jatta na ni bandi :p

Ha! that explains alot !! :lol2:

Guest Guest

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ ॥

सलोकु मः १ ॥

Salok mėhlā 1.

Shalok, First Mehl:

ਨਾਨਕ ਫਿਕੈ ਬੋਲਿਐ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਫਿਕਾ ਹੋਇ ॥

नानक फिकै बोलिऐ तनु मनु फिका होइ ॥

Nānak fikai boli▫ai ṯan man fikā ho▫e.

O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.

ਫਿਕੈ ਬੋਲਿਐ = ਜੇ ਫਿੱਕੇ ਬਚਨ ਬੋਲੀਏ।

ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਜੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਰੁੱਖੇ ਬਚਨ ਬੋਲਦਾ ਰਹੇ, ਤਾਂ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਤਨ ਅਤੇ ਮਨ ਦੋਵੇਂ ਰੁੱਖੇ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ (ਭਾਵ, ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਉੱਡ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ)।

ਫਿਕੋ ਫਿਕਾ ਸਦੀਐ ਫਿਕੇ ਫਿਕੀ ਸੋਇ ॥

फिको फिका सदीऐ फिके फिकी सोइ ॥

Fiko fikā saḏī▫ai fike fikī so▫e.

He is called the most insipid of the insipid; the most insipid of the insipid is his reputation.

ਫਿਕੋ = ਫਿੱਕਾ ਹੀ। ਫਿਕੋ ਫਿਕਾ ਸਦੀਐ = ਰੁੱਖੇ ਬਚਨ ਬੋਲਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਰੁੱਖਾ ਹੀ ਆਖਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ; ਭਾਵ, ਜੋ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਰੁੱਖੇ ਬਚਨ ਬੋਲੇ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਬਾਬਤ ਇਹ ਆਖੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਰੁੱਖਾ ਹੈ। ਫਿਕੇ = ਰੁੱਖਾ ਬੋਲਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ। ਸੋਇ = ਸੋਭਾ, ਲੋਕਾਂ ਦੀ ਰਾਇ।

ਰੁੱਖਾ ਬੋਲਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਰੁੱਖਾ ਹੀ ਮਸ਼ਹੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਲੋਕ ਭੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਰੁੱਖੇ ਬਚਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਯਾਦ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ।

ਫਿਕਾ ਦਰਗਹ ਸਟੀਐ ਮੁਹਿ ਥੁਕਾ ਫਿਕੇ ਪਾਇ ॥

फिका दरगह सटीऐ मुहि थुका फिके पाइ ॥

Fikā ḏargėh satī▫ai muhi thukā fike pā▫e.

The insipid person is discarded in the Court of the Lord, and the insipid one's face is spat upon.

ਰੁੱਖਾ (ਭਾਵ, ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਤੋਂ ਸੱਖਣਾ) ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ) ਦਰਗਾਹ ਤੋਂ ਰੱਦਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਮੂੰਹ ਉੱਤੇ ਥੁੱਕਾਂ ਪੈਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ (ਭਾਵ, ਫਿਟਕਾਰਾਂ ਪੈਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ।

ਫਿਕਾ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਆਖੀਐ ਪਾਣਾ ਲਹੈ ਸਜਾਇ ॥੧॥

फिका मूरखु आखीऐ पाणा लहै सजाइ ॥१॥

Fikā mūrakẖ ākẖī▫ai pāṇā lahai sajā▫e. ||1||

The insipid one is called a fool; he is beaten with shoes in punishment. ||1||

ਪਾਣਾ = ਜੁੱਤੀਆਂ ॥੧॥

(ਪ੍ਰੇਮ-ਹੀਣ) ਰੁੱਖੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਮੂਰਖ ਆਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ, ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਤੋਂ ਸੱਖਣੇ ਨੂੰ ਜੁੱਤੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਰ ਪੈਂਦੀ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਹਰ ਥਾਂ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਸਦਾ ਬੜੀ ਬੇਇੱਜ਼ਤੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ) ॥੧॥

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=473&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1&fb=0

Don't interact with such people, seek company of Gursikhs.