How Sikhism is Attacked From the Inside!!

ms514

Sat Sri Akal:

I am moorakh.

The only reason that this topic is even bothered with is beacuse the readership of the Sikhnet forum is quite large, with thousands of hits per day. A lot of people read this forum, some impressionable Sikh children, some people who are not sure what Sikhism is all about, and people looking at Sikhism as a faith to adopt. Giving out messages like the ones being stated there can have an impact. So at the least, offering a counter-point is important.

Sat Sri Akal:

I am moorakh.

The only reason that this topic is even bothered with is beacuse the readership of the Sikhnet forum is quite large, with thousands of hits per day. A lot of people read this forum, some impressionable Sikh children, some people who are not sure what Sikhism is all about, and people looking at Sikhism as a faith to adopt. Giving out messages like the ones being stated there can have an impact. So at the least, offering a counter-point is important.

i agree..

I used to be active at sikhnet forum but then the mods started going like dictatorship.. that's what i hate though :lol:

I was the one that actually started the "Tension between Khalsa and Sikhism" thread.

ohmy.gif

Although, I know my answer and in those posts I tried to seem dumb and innocent, I was just wondering what Sikhnet(ers) would have to say about it.

I think its a healthy debate, for everyone.

I was going to post a similar thread here, but I guess I would have gotten bashed for attempting to "ruin sikhi from the inside" .

I put that topic on sikhnet in an objective manner so I could further my own knowledge of why some people would claim Sikhi is separate than Khalsa, and why others might bring up new ideas to why Sikhi and Khalsa are the same.

Remember, the only way you can answer these questions is if you know the points the other side can make. A fellow friend asked me the difference between Sikhi and Khalsa, and I tried to answer in the best manner, but I felt it was not sufficient enough for him.

Not everything is some sort of conspiracy guys..

Sat Sri Akal:

There are certain members of that forum which specifically make arguements against Sikhism's very fundamental beliefs. Their intentions are rather questionable (what the heck are you to believe if someone keeps saying that keeping Kesh is not required for being a Sikh, nor is taking Amrit...these people have agendas and certainly do not represent the views of the Panth).

And I have the same movitation behind you...that people learn the views presented by these people...beacuse their views are limited and keep coming up over and over and over. So I thank you for making the post, but stand dead set against some people's views presented on that website.

Now...who shot JFK... ohmy.gif

Agreed.

But, let me tell ya something...I doubt its really a conspiracy.

This happens with everything, where you have people or certain groups which *feel* inferior (for no reason), and in order to better themselves they attempt to reactify their decisions. Like, for example, have you ever had a mona just start talking to you about Why Kesh isnt needed and how he still is Sikh? I've never uttered the words Sikhi or Sikhism, yet out of the blue he starts talking about it.

Also, let me give you a more real life example :

Admin Note : Please use clean example. Thanks

Atleast thats how I'm seeing it happen.. :lol:

:nihungsmile: .........Fateh :lol:

Actually..............in a world their r varieties of ppl and it isn't possible to direct all to follow s perticualr code of conduct.....

What I think is it's one's own coice to be keep one's hair unshorn and adopt to sikh principles......... But I certain;y don find the present scenerio good when I c lots of ppl who have kesh and wear turban and at the same time trim their beards.................... :( ...........

Buggers.....either u be sikhs or not............they r emerging as a class of euniques( Khusra)........neither they are men nor women,................

My message...............if u want to be sikh be it........... why get in to quasi kind of situation.......... do not let the sikh rehat down.............. if u can't do it leave it...........

Sangat ji guide these.................... quasi ppl........

Monas' are not bad................ but the image of sikh should not deteriorate....................... and if these khusra ppl keep on rising then nothing is gonna help nonono.gif

waheguru ji ki fateh<

br>

but then what about for a teenage kid who doesnt have the guts to keep a beard, but hopes to someday in his life. And in order to try to stay disciplined so he does not lose all contact with sikhi, he keeps tying a turban.

You would tell him to just cut his hair?...and then maybe he would just lose all touch with sikhi, and never grow anything out again.

Growing up, I thought keeping the beard was much harder than the turban. The thought of cutting my head hair did not enter my mind, but the thought of shaving/trimming did?

So, if I were to shave, you would tell me to cut my head hair as well?...simply because I did not feel as if I were strong enough to grow a beard yet.

Thats kind of sad, because if i cut my head hair, I would never grow it out again.

There is no point of arguing on hair issue. To be a guru ka sikh, one got to be keshadhari sikh AND follow all guru's teaching.. Everyone has to agree on that no matter what.. If one is not keshdhari then he/she is standing far far far away to understand the real sikhi !! One has to accept the creating of god.. Guru jee made you that way, be proud of that.. Guru jee put hair on your body for some reason.. We shouldn't discuss/raise/comment anything on hair issue as well as other issues. Discipline is MUST and everyone has to accept the fact that to be a sikh one has to follow RULES.. Don't bend sikh rules just to suit your needs, bend yourself to reach god..

My 0.2 cent.. Sorry if i offended anyone..