From hair to nowhere

This has been amusing and a little learning curve for me :lol2:

Of course I don't have 2 wiives !!! I made that comment up just to see the reaction which is what i sort of expected !!!

Funny thing, because i was reading some debates of how some sikhs are SO SURE that Guruji had more than 1 wife, Therefore, what is the reaction if a sikh like me may pretend to, i thought ???

I like the reaction from Gurpreetjii about how a person with multiple wives jumps around like a monkey :biggrin2:

and then our young veer Jasdeepji, who tries to justify that it is WRONG and forbidden, but Guruji could do what he wanted like a king ? :blush2:

I think Gurdeepji and singh12345677 had a little idea that I was kidding !! :excited:

I don't want to turn this into the debate of Guru Gobind and Hargibind ji's multiple wives, as there is already some other threads active.

But it makes you realise why many of us accept to believe that Mata Jito and Sundri were the same.

Then we have the other crew that accept that all kings and high figures had multiple wives in that era and it was the 'norm'

Personally, I think you should believe what you find suitable and accept because it will never be proven for sure.

However, we do realise that for a sikh (in this age) it is NOT acceptable and 'norm' to have multiple wives/husbands and bear children with both.

At least 99% will agree and be happy with this.

I undertstand how some men may marry another to bear children or a heir, if the 1st wife has a problem or how some may remarry after being widowed. That itself is a separate issue and does not get equated with the claims made for Gurujis wives.- since there was no issue of fertility and children.

For the record, i don't believe that mata Jito/Sundri were different wives, and we know mata Sahib kaur was mother of khalsa with no physical relationship with guruji, she was the spiritual mother whilst he was the spiritual father.

You are good and funny bunch of sikhs on here, and I like the honest approaches by most of you.

This is how the sadh sangat can help each individual sikh to better themselves and keep learning.

I do love you all and would lovingly call you 'my sangat' !

:biggrin2:

Mata Sundari and Mata Jito were 2 different Mahals of Guru Sahib that is fact.

On July 8, 1675, he was coronated as the tenth Guru. He was married to Jlto (Jit Kaur) on June 21, 1677, to

Sundrl (Sunder Kaur) on April 3, 1684 and Sahib Kaur on April 14, 1700.
Prof. Sahib singh differ with above view but most historian agrre with above facts.(Jeewan virtant Guru Gobind Singh@ www.sikhbookclub.com )
Guru ji married twice or not is the issue.
Whenever people married twice it has do with children)having no issue) or health of wife.

Being a girl I had personal issue with dad...I use to think about he made women so strong.... He gave equality to women... Then y he had 3 wives :(

But after exploring lil bit I came to know that he had 1 wife with whom he had husband wife wala relation

With other 2 he was just married as to give them identity of being his wives...

I have read somewhere...that one of the wife of my dad was attracted towards him... She wanted to marry him...dad said I will marry u on a condition that we would not have any husband wife wala relation...she agreed n married him..n there she defined her true luv for Dad...

Now see my Dad is a hero.... Any true sikh can sacrifice his life for him....so watz a big deal in falling in luv with him...

Even I m looking for a boy who should be a shadow of him :) n I m not finding ny1 :(

People pretend but they r nothing wen u examine them :(

Don't be so sure Gurpreet ji :wow:

There are too many different versions and stories. But the one's that mostly claim these 2 marriages also seem to claim that Baba Ajit singh was from One mother, and Baba Jujhar, Baba Zorawar and Baba Fateh singh were from the other, thus Ajit was a step brother to the other three !!!

I knew you were pulling our legs lol....

On the issue of wives though guru hargobind sahib ji had three,guru har rai sahib ji had seven,guru gobind singh maharaj had three as well....The gurus had a reason for having so many wives...

On a side note:I have been in india for a month now and i have seen so much pot/ganja/weed/canabis etc then i have seen in my entire life.This crap grows naturally...What i wanted to know is did the sikhs and the gurus travel through this crap?We know of the story of guru jis horse and tobbaco fields but what about these weed fields?

Ill take a picture of the weed..

Don't be so sure Gurpreet ji :wow: There are too many different versions and stories. But the one's that mostly claim these 2 marriages also seem to claim that Baba Ajit singh was from One mother, and Baba Jujhar, Baba Zorawar and Baba Fateh singh were from the other, thus Ajit was a step brother to the other three !!!

Oh ok....

Let me start another thread for this........

I have read somewhere...that one of the wife of my dad was attracted towards him... She wanted to marry him...dad said I will marry u on a condition that we would not have any husband wife wala relation...she agreed n married him..n there she defined her true luv for Dad...

waheguru ji the way your posts are coming on this topic is very hurting.......that women did not get attracted to Guru sahib.......that was Mata Sahib Kaur ji.......her Gursikhs parents wanted to surrender or submit (whatever word) to Guru sahib from the time she was born....... and Mata Gujri Ji and Guru sahib could not deny the rishta because of the Gursikhs love and faith... Mata ji had spent their entire life for Guru ji ...doing path, sewa and simran and Mata ji was treated as Guru mehal even in their peka ghar as the parents had already surrendered her to Guru ji from their hearts and respected her as Guru mehal not as a normal daughter.....and in those days the character of Gursikhs was very very high.....ik baar jo Guru sahib layi bachan kita ya jo Guru sahib nu bhent kita....(for sue sikh can't give anything to Guru ji, but in materialistic sense) they followed it their entire life.....not like todays sikh aaj haan kehti kaalon chal shad.........................................please please please do watch your language as this is a very sensitive topic.......

waheguru ji the way your posts are coming on this topic is very hurting.......that women did not get attracted to Guru sahib.......that was Mata Sahib Kaur ji.......her Gursikhs parents wanted to surrender or submit (whatever word) to Guru sahib from the time she was born....... and Mata Gujri Ji and Guru sahib could not deny the rishta because of the Gursikhs love and faith... Mata ji had spent their entire life for Guru ji ...doing path, sewa and simran and Mata ji was treated as Guru mehal even in their peka ghar as the parents had already surrendered her to Guru ji from their hearts and respected her as Guru mehal not as a normal daughter.....and in those days the character of Gursikhs was very very high.....ik baar jo Guru sahib layi bachan kita ya jo Guru sahib nu bhent kita....(for sue sikh can't give anything to Guru ji, but in materialistic sense) they followed it their entire life.....not like todays sikh aaj haan kehti kaalon chal shad.........................................please please please do watch your language as this is a very sensitive topic.......

This is not sensitive issue.

I knew you were pulling our legs lol....

On the issue of wives though guru hargobind sahib ji had three,guru har rai sahib ji had seven,guru gobind singh maharaj had three as well....The gurus had a reason for having so many wives...

On a side note:I have been in india for a month now and i have seen so much pot/ganja/weed/canabis etc then i have seen in my entire life.This crap grows naturally...What i wanted to know is did the sikhs and the gurus travel through this crap?We know of the story of guru jis horse and tobbaco fields but what about these weed fields?

Ill take a picture of the weed..

Guru Har rai ji had one wife.

Guru Har Rai Sahib In 1640,he was married to Sulakkhani (also known as Kishan Kaur and

Kotkalyiini). She gave birth to Ram Rai (in 1646) Rup Kaur (in 1649) and (Guru) Harkrishan (in 1652).

Weed you are talking about is called Congress grass.

It came with when wheat was imported from USA.