Can i marry my bhabi's cousin brother according to sikh religion?

Guest prab

no ders nothing harsh. Bt

I dont understand how u made comparison between my bhabi's bhua's son (who has no blood relation wid me) wid my uncle's son.(who ofcourse is in my blood relation)

He is not my own bua's son ..

If its abt watta satta isnt it marrying ur daughter into the same house from where u take a daughter..(among real bro's sis's)

Show whoever is stopping you that the boss man has entered the arena.....that is all that is required to convince in the punjabi culture.Just be a boss man and you can have your bhabi's brother.

Sikhism is not about who you marry, its about "ruhaniat" - try and figure out what that means. If someone is telling you that the religion says who you can marry, that would mean that you and the person don't know what the religion says.

Just be the boss man and miracles will happen. That is what I do in my pind and nobody dares to cross me.

Hell even in America I needed to renew my drivers liscense and i stomed into the office and said "I am the Boss Man" and she renewed it, no problems after I deposited the required fee.

Punjabi's are farmers and are overly worried about what people think...so just join a gang or something and become the boss man....and nobody will dare to cross you.

Another case solved by the "King".......

Watta Satta is the practice where by two families exchange there daughters. So it means "I marry your sister and you marry mine". It for the most part insures that the daughters will not be mistreated by the inlaws or husband for fear that their daughter will also be treated the same way.

Although our people do not practice Watta Satta, but I know a family who had such an arrangement. One guy married his cousin sister to his saalaa. After a few months the saalaa and his mother began to mistreat his Brother In Law's cousin-sister. So the Brother in Law behaved the exact same way with his wife(saalaa's sister). Suffice to say, the saalaa (and his mother) got the message and stopped mistreating his brother in Law's cousin-sister.

Your bhabi's cousin may not be her "real brother", but in most Panjabi families cousins are seen to be just like your own brothers/sisters.

So even though you have no blood relation with your bhabi's bhua's son, maybe she feels uncomfortable with the idea of you marrying someone who is just like a brother to her.

Also, maybe you should have thought this through before things got out of hand and you developed feelings for each other. These kinda situations can get quite messy and bring shame to both sides of the family if things don't work out and you don't want to ruin the relationship you have with your brother and bhabi.

I think your bhabi's reasoning of "it's against our religion" is a poor excuse and one that's not true. So the best thing would be to talk to her properly and see if that's the only reason she disagrees with you, or if there are any other real reasons she is opposed to the rishta.

From a cultural perspective, I'm not 100% sure if this is okay or not but I'm leaning towards no. But it seems like you are determined to go through with it anyway so why not see what your brother and parents think before getting carried away.

Im sorry Bhaji, but it shows your understanding of Panjabi culture is not as much as it could be.

Could you kindly explain what is wrong and where i have stated a misleading or wrong comment ???

I would be happy to learn and improve further.

Watta Satta is the practice where by two families exchange there daughters. So it means "I marry your sister and you marry mine". It for the most part insures that the daughters will not be mistreated by the inlaws or husband for fear that their daughter will also be treated the same way.

Although our people do not practice Watta Satta, but I know a family who had such an arrangement. One guy married his cousin sister to his saalaa. After a few months the saalaa and his mother began to mistreat his Brother In Law's cousin-sister. So the Brother in Law behaved the exact same way with his wife(saalaa's sister). Suffice to say, the saalaa (and his mother) got the message and stopped mistreating his brother in Law's cousin-sister.

I would've preferred to see such a dispute settled in the ring at Wrestlemania. A one-of-a-kind 'WATTA-SATTA GRUDGE MATCH'.