North Carolina Gurdwara refuses an anand karaj

Guest dasguruka

Gurdeep Paji ... saaree insaaniath da "natural" Marg Sikhi 'ah ... because it's indisputably and provably the Truth for Sarbat dha Bhalla. It's we who are pushing people away rather than welcoming them into the Panth. All Dalits across India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are natural born Sikhs (not just the few recently in Madhya Pradesh) ... but though Madhya Pradesh was a beacon of hope on the horizon we are letting Indira's legacy flourish through Dera Ballan ... who want to take 3million Sikhs out of Sikhi.

The above Gurdwara management has merely alienated one family.

RSS Durga Pujari's, Congress and the Dera's want to prevent Crores of Kabirpanthi's, Jatavs, Dalits, Sanatani's etc from joining their natural home within the Sikh Panth.

Who is preventing any one to become a Sikh?

Follow the tenents of Sikhi to become a Sikh, no iffs no buts.

Shoot the bastards who practice caste.

Well said brother. DONT SHOOT THEM, EXCOMMUNICATE THEM FROM OUR RELIGION.

CASTES HAVE NO PLACE IN SIKHI.

U go to Punjab and see, how many hindus(dalit/lower caste) in rural belt will prefer to have anand karaj at gurduwara and they do it.

WHO IS LOWER CASTE? STOP TALKING OF CASTES IF YOU ARE A SIKH.

What gives anyone sikh or non sikh the right to stop someone getting a blessing or having Anand karaj from maharaj as long as they show maharaj respect it's up to maharaj to decide of they are sincere or not as he knows the intentions of all creatures. If they show disrespect that's a different matter, but this excuse that we are labelled as mazhbi sikhs is a feeble one, who cares what other's think it's what maharaj thinks that matters. If they want his happiness then become sikhs and that's what the Gurdwaras should be telling such people rather than turning them away. The doors of Guru ji's house are open to all

Guest dasguruka

WE CANNOT ALLOW ANAND KARAJS TO NON SIKHS.

So according to you Sikh families who are proper Amritdharis AND have children who have strayed away from Sikhi and assimilated to western lifestyle, have their hairs cut, drink etc. Their Anand Karajs hold no value as per rehit maryada? Is it just a maths tek and pheres for them and the Gurbani read (lavans) hold no value? If that's the case then I believe majority of anand karajs that take place in modern times shouldn't be considered as such since a lot of people in western countries do not practice but they are born into Sikh families. I thought Sikhism was a universal religion?

So according to you Sikh families who are proper Amritdharis AND have children who have strayed away from Sikhi and assimilated to western lifestyle, have their hairs cut, drink etc. Their Anand Karajs hold no value as per rehit maryada? Is it just a maths tek and pheres for them and the Gurbani read (lavans) hold no value? If that's the case then I believe majority of anand karajs that take place in modern times shouldn't be considered as such since a lot of people in western countries do not practice but they are born into Sikh families. I thought Sikhism was a universal religion?

Not just western countries but also in india

Take some time to view the posted video of Basics of Sikhi and then try to answer your question.

What gives anyone sikh or non sikh the right to stop someone getting a blessing or having Anand karaj from maharaj as long as they show maharaj respect it's up to maharaj to decide of they are sincere or not as he knows the intentions of all creatures. If they show disrespect that's a different matter, but this excuse that we are labelled as mazhbi sikhs is a feeble one, who cares what other's think it's what maharaj thinks that matters. If they want his happiness then become sikhs and that's what the Gurdwaras should be telling such people rather than turning them away. The doors of Guru ji's house are open to all

The door of Guruji's house is beyond any doubt open to all but Anand Karaj is only for Sikhs who follow the tenets of Sikhi.

The door of Guruji's house is beyond any doubt open to all but Anand Karaj is only for Sikhs who follow the tenets of Sikhi.

Then what about the future generation's the children who are not fully with sikhi yet, you would turn them away, then you will ultimately decline or even end sikhi, are you saying that Anand karaj is only for amritdharis if so that is wrong, because at some point a tuk from gurbani has changed the lives of many people and continues to do so today, for me it was the 9th patshah ji' s saloks, but had i have been turned away at my anand karaj (because i was a mona), i would not be amritdhari today!, your zeal is commendable but i do not agree because of my own life experience.

Then what about the future generation's the children who are not fully with sikhi yet, you would turn them away, then you will ultimately decline or even end sikhi, are you are saying that Anand karaj is only for amritdharis and that is wrong, because at some point a tuk from gurbani has changed the lives on many people and continues to do so today, for me it was the 9th patshah ji' s saloks, but had i have been turned away at my anand karaj (because i was a mona), i would not be amritdhari today!, your zeal is commendable but i do not agree because of my own life experience.

According to the rehit maryadha the Anand Karaj ceremony is to be performed if both bride and groom are Sikh. I have seen many interfaith marriages between and Sikh and non Sikh and were allowed Anandkaraj, but I have yet to see one of those couples who practice Sikhi. In fact neither do their children even claim to be Sikh. So this assertion that we should bend or lax the rules in order to win new converts is not baring the positive results. If fact it has resulted in giving the false impression to our youth(especially our girls) that marriage outside of the Sikh faith is okay and sanctioned in Sikhi since they see Babas, kirtanis performing Anand Karaj ceremony for these inter religious couples.