By asking to have a baby aren't we doing wrong?

By hoping for a baby from waheguru when one is not getting pregnant or concieving , are nt we wishing that someone hadnt remember waheguru in past lives and come to this world when we should be hoping that everyone remembers god and do no have to take birth again ? Please help me with this confusion. Are we being selfish ?

By hoping for a baby from waheguru when one is not getting pregnant or concieving , are nt we wishing that someone hadnt remember waheguru in past lives and come to this world when we should be hoping that everyone remembers god and do no have to take birth again ? Please help me with this confusion. Are we being selfish

It is ALL his Divine HUKAM.

Saying that , no one is going to have a baby unless they try..ie.. it won't happen just sitting back and thinking about it like virgin mary !!!

If wanting a child makes you feel closer to God in the right way, then there is nothing wrong or selfish.

I can tell already that you are NOT being selfish as you already doubting if it's wrong to be asking. Since there are many couples out there who would have held numerous paaths and given donations in order to paid back with a blessing !

God's Hukam works in mysterious ways, but it is ALL part of the masterplan.

I don't know your situation, but you may just be experiencing a set back in the sense that a child will come NOT exactly when you have been planinng, but more to do with when it was meant to come.

There are many options to pursue if plan A doesn't work..etc.. in terms of timing and planning to fertility enhancers and IVF.

If God wants you to have a child via IVF, then that is how it shall be.

I would just take it one step at a time and don't make the mistakes that many others make..like trying to buy God by donating and dhaan., Blackmailing God by promising paaths, yatras etc, if he blesses you with a child, and then Just doing pun dhaan and x amount of akhand paaths, paaths, mool mantars..etc.. WITHOUT having any True Dhian in it, or just doing it and expecting some payback reward !

The idea is when Waheguru ji blesses you with a child to raise that child to be a bhagat of waheguru ji like Bhagat Prehlad or Dhru ji, if you look at it another way those souls who get a chance of human form (like us) and do bhagti ( i dont class my self in this league but try) wont get that chance if no one has kids or asks.

By hoping for a baby from waheguru when one is not getting pregnant or concieving , are nt we wishing that someone hadnt remember waheguru in past lives and come to this world when we should be hoping that everyone remembers god and do no have to take birth again ? Please help me with this confusion. Are we being selfish ?

Try reading (again) the story of Mata Ganga,wife of Guru Arjan Sahib, when she was not blessed with child. It may answer your question.

No it's not a selfish act.......asking for child is just like any other "daats" we ask for like good health, house, money, job, happiness etc. It's a diiferent thing why and how we are asking it like with love and faith to have a gursikh spirit or otherwise...

There's a sakhi where Guru Ramdas ji blessed Baba Adam ji one of HIS own "child to be born yet"....earlier Guru ji has told Baba adam ji that there's no issue in their fate, but then Guru ji was happy with their sewa and showered his blessings and asked Baba Adam ji to name him "anand" and when this spiritual child was born and the baba adam ji came to Guru sahib, Guru sahib composed " Anand" sahib bani. (sangat please correct if wrong)

Here's another saakhi .....

Bibi Sulakhni Ji

Bibi Sulakhani was a devout Sikh of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji. She did not have

any children. One day she decided to go to Guru Sahib and asked for His

blessings for a son.

She went to Guru Sahib‟s Darbar, bowed, paid her respects and then asked

Guru Sahib to bless her with a son. Guru Hargobind

Sahib Ji told her, “Bibi, I don‟t foresee a child in your fate. qyry BwgW ivc

b`cw nhI hY[”

Bibi Sulakhani Ji was sad. As she came out of the Darbar, Bhai Gurdas Ji was

standing outside. When he saw her with a dejected face, he inquired, “What is

wrong?” Bibi Sulakhani Ji told Bhai Gurdas Ji about Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji‟s

reply.

Bhai Gurdas Sahib Ji smiled and said, “Bibi, don‟t be sad, come back and

request Guru Sahib again. If He gives you the same answer, then say to Him,

“Satguru Ji, you are the embodiment of God, You have the will to change

people‟s fate. If you don‟t foresee

a son in my future, then here is the paper and pen, You can write

my fate and grant me a son.”

Next time, when Bibi Sulakhani Ji saw Guru Sahib, He was riding His horse. Bibi

Sulakhani Ji approached Guru Sahib and repeated her request. When Guru Sahib

gave her the same reply as before, she repeated what Bhai Gurdas Ji had

instructed her to say.

The all-knowing Guru Sahib knew what had happened. The saint-soldier Guru

smiled at Bibi Sulakhani and took the paper and pen from her to write “1”

(meaning that she was going to be blessed

with a son), the horse moved and that “1” became “7”!

Yes, Bibi Sulakhni was blessed with 7 sons, all of who turned out to be devout

Sikhs.