Today's Sikh Youth- Can We Save Them? I Failed

Strange...n interesting....

Means if Guru Nanak g was Shastradhari then I must say....... The contradicts that was there in mind regarding then belief of Guru Nanak Dev ji n Guru Gobind Singh ji is erased.......

Means like.....we r actually born warriors then....n that is the main reason y sikh blood is so warm when it comes to our rights.....

Means yaar eh te gajab di gal hai..means then I should believe in the stories of incarnation of our Gurus.....

like I am so much interested in knowing about Dad that I do very less research on Other patshahi....

Please let me know more about Guru Nanak Dev ji......in-depth facts....

u know guruji aka god did tapasya on waheguru mantar for 36 yugs before they created this universe ...............

After a long tym here comes my veerji :)

yes he is my chachaji's son... He know not much regarding sikhi....

He is football player...one day while playing his hair knot got open...like he wears bandana.... N his hair is quite heavily so people were laughing on him...that made him to think to cut hair veerji.....I tried making him understand by I know I can't force someone to keep hair...

tell him to nicely tie knot of jura and then do do a small nice dumalla ,it would not open easily...........

First I havn't read the whole thread, but I'll speak from experience and being a sikh youth myself.

To being in re: to atheism, it doesn't exist. Humanity always has concepts of leadership, goals, dreams, etc.

Whereas in sikhi these are of shaheedi, sewa, etc.

In consumerism which is the predominant religion in the west, well we know what they are.

-

There are three parts to a being: (spirtually)

Culture, Language, Community.

The difference between sikhi and all others is that in past times aka abhrahamic for example, only the community was changed.

For us only language differs among different sikhs.

Now, not talking about rituals, practices, etc. as that is all personal.

There is a rehat, but there's also different jathas with different goals practicing differently.

For example meat discouraged in very sant-like jathas for spirtual scienfitic reasons.

Same time, warriors eat meat.

--

Now as to the actual name of the thread:

Remember, that at the beginning up until Maharaja Ranjit Singh, there weren't even 100k sikhs.

The chota holocaust that just passed there were 20k and change.

Most of these were nihangs, or if not 'nihangs' 24/7 warriors.

The spirtuality was internal.

With peace-times and a more mass appeal, there are sikhs where the solider is internal however, for many youth especially young men that soldier is external.

Telling them about babas, and stressing prayer over the political and military aspects of sikhi only makes them think you're soft. And they aren't looking for that.

Telling the truth, all of it. That, meditation is not the stressful/main part is the way. Instill character, and let them find gurbani themselves. The teacher makes the child literate, vaheguru makes that boy into a lion.

Also, our parents have got to stop being scared. Stop trying to stop us, from drinking the nectar of shaheedi.

VJKVJF||

'Tyaar E Tyaar Rehi, Meri Sikh Quom|

Vudh Vudh Kay Cheer Tay, Jere EE Vearey Hi Oon'

I say this as a man under 20.

VJKVJF||

edit - Aka, we have got to stop being babe, and start being bande.

VJKVJF||

First I havn't read the whole thread, but I'll speak from experience and being a sikh youth myself. To being in re: to atheism, it doesn't exist. Humanity always has concepts of leadership, goals, dreams, etc. Whereas in sikhi these are of shaheedi, sewa, etc. In consumerism which is the predominant religion in the west, well we know what they are. -There are three parts to a being: (spirtually) Culture, Language, Community. The difference between sikhi and all others is that in past times aka abhrahamic for example, only the community was changed. For us only language differs among different sikhs. Now, not talking about rituals, practices, etc. as that is all personal. There is a rehat, but there's also different jathas with different goals practicing differently. For example meat discouraged in very sant-like jathas for spirtual scienfitic reasons. Same time, warriors eat meat.-- Now as to the actual name of the thread: Remember, that at the beginning up until Maharaja Ranjit Singh, there weren't even 100k sikhs. The chota holocaust that just passed there were 20k and change. Most of these were nihangs, or if not 'nihangs' 24/7 warriors. The spirtuality was internal. With peace-times and a more mass appeal, there are sikhs where the solider is internal however, for many youth especially young men that soldier is external. Telling them about babas, and stressing prayer over the political and military aspects of sikhi only makes them think you're soft. And they aren't looking for that. Telling the truth, all of it. That, meditation is not the stressful/main part is the way. Instill character, and let them find gurbani themselves. The teacher makes the child literate, vaheguru makes that boy into a lion. , our parents have got to stop being scared. Stop trying to stop us, from drinking the nectar of shaheedi.VJKVJF|| 'Tyaar E Tyaar Rehi, Meri Sikh Quom|Vudh Vudh Kay Cheer Tay, Jere EE Vearey Hi Oon' I say this as a man under 20. VJKVJF|| edit - Aka, we have got to stop being babe, and start being bande. VJKVJF||

U r true in many of your words....

But I think people will agree with me if I say that it require Gutz to b a true sikh......

Yes sikhi is all about shaheedis....starting from Guru Arjan Dev ji....till now sikhs have given many shaheedis.....

If u fear from getting shaheed then I think u need to improve urself.....

Even I believe its better to die then to live a life of slaves.....

U r true in many of your words....

But I think people will agree with me if I say that it require Gutz to b a true sikh......

Yes sikhi is all about shaheedis....starting from Guru Arjan Dev ji....till now sikhs have given many shaheedis.....

If u fear from getting shaheed then I think u need to improve urself.....

Even I believe its better to die then to live a life of slaves.....

It's not guts, it's walking with a sword held in front of you.

And, your sword is waheguru.

VJKVJK||

Gurpreet, I would suggest you to start reading deeper into Sikhi. You are in the phase where you learn alot but superficially, mostly what is generally thought but not necessarily true. Such as 'Sikhi teaches all religions lead to god' (No, not true :) ) 'Hindu and Muslim Bhagats Bani is contained in SGGS'. And many such other things.

First thing, always remember 'Panth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is same as that of Guru Gobind Singh Ji'. No teaching of the other 9 Gurus was either contradictory or new to the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

I am saying this because I saw you say 'starting from Guru Arjan Dev ji....till now sikhs have given many shaheedis....."

Tradition of Shahadat goes back to the times of Guru Nanak too.

I was at the same stage at your age... Waheguru willing you will discover more and more and realise that Sikhi is the only beautiful, unflawed and logical path.