Today's Sikh Youth- Can We Save Them? I Failed

Gurbani says that Akaal Purakh Himself has led people astray. If Vaheguru jee Himself doesn't want someone to worship Him or even believe in Him, I guess one really can't do much, or lets say, can't do anything. I am not sure how much it would help if you did Ardas for such a person. The lesson to learn is to do Ardas for yourself and beg Guru Sahib to bless you and not let you turn into such people. Now he is your brother, a 21 year old kid, so you really can't ignore him. People who have had a very easy life, or have had a life filled with brutal struggles, these are usually the kinds of people who question God. What is the basis and background of your brother's questions, that is what you need to find out first. It could be a friend who messed up his head, or a girl who he has a crush on and she doesn't like Sardars, or he didn't get a job because of his appearance, etc etc there could be several reasons. Then, you need to understand how much of Gursikhi qualities did he grow up with. 21 is not really a tender age when you can feed a kid anything as easily as you can when he is 5. But its worth a shot.

Just remember, in your attempt to bring him on track, don't lose your own.

Gurbani says that Akaal Purakh Himself has led people astray. If Vaheguru jee Himself doesn't want someone to worship Him or even believe in Him, I guess one really can't do much, or lets say, can't do anything. I am not sure how much it would help if you did Ardas for such a person. The lesson to learn is to do Ardas for yourself and beg Guru Sahib to bless you and not let you turn into such people. Now he is your brother, a 21 year old kid, so you really can't ignore him. People who have had a very easy life, or have had a life filled with brutal struggles, these are usually the kinds of people who question God. What is the basis and background of your brother's questions, that is what you need to find out first. It could be a friend who messed up his head, or a girl who he has a crush on and she doesn't like Sardars, or he didn't get a job because of his appearance, etc etc there could be several reasons. Then, you need to understand how much of Gursikhi qualities did he grow up with. 21 is not really a tender age when you can feed a kid anything as easily as you can when he is 5. But its worth a shot.Just remember, in your attempt to bring him on track, don't lose your own.

After a long tym here comes my veerji :)

yes he is my chachaji's son... He know not much regarding sikhi....

He is football player...one day while playing his hair knot got open...like he wears bandana.... N his hair is quite heavily so people were laughing on him...that made him to think to cut hair veerji.....I tried making him understand by I know I can't force someone to keep hair...

There are several ways to tie your kesh when playing sports. I am sure there are several young Singhs on here who can suggest plenty of ways. That is NO reason at all to want to cut your kesh. In fact, he should take it up as a challenge and prove himself to be the best sportsman, and put to shame all those filthy dirt bags who laughed at him. Now that would be what I call "Singh style" @$$ kicking!

Some clarifications:

1. The Panth of Guru Nanak Dev and Guru Gobind Singh is the same.
2. Guru Gobind Singh had Nanak Jot too, so you can't pick and choose because all following 9 Gurus elaborated on the main teachings of Guru Nanak.
3. Guru Nanak Dev kept Kes which is evident from the Janamsakhis. Guru Nanak Sahib were also Shasterdhari, so you see that the teachings of Dasam Pita are no different to those of Guru Nanak. In fact it is said that Guru Hargobind Sahib learnt Shaster Vidya from Baba Buddha Ji, who himself learnt it from Guru Nanak Sahib.

Some clarifications: 1. The Panth of Guru Nanak Dev and Guru Gobind Singh is the same.2. Guru Gobind Singh had Nanak Jot too, so you can't pick and choose because all following 9 Gurus elaborated on the main teachings of Guru Nanak.3. Guru Nanak Dev kept Kes which is evident from the Janamsakhis. Guru Nanak Sahib were also Shasterdhari, so you see that the teachings of Dasam Pita are no different to those of Guru Nanak. In fact it is said that Guru Hargobind Sahib learnt Shaster Vidya from Baba Buddha Ji, who himself learnt it from Guru Nanak Sahib.

Really? I never read or heard about Guru Nanak ji being Shastra dhari.....

Really? I never read or heard about Guru Nanak ji being Shastra dhari.....

guru nanak dev ji maharaj was blesssed with shastervidya by akal purakh sahib ji when guruji went to sachkhand through river daas forgot the name off river though..... and then they gave it to baba budha ji and said that they will use it in 6th &10 form.....

Strange...n interesting....

Means if Guru Nanak g was Shastradhari then I must say....... The contradicts that was there in mind regarding then belief of Guru Nanak Dev ji n Guru Gobind Singh ji is erased.......

Means like.....we r actually born warriors then....n that is the main reason y sikh blood is so warm when it comes to our rights.....

Means yaar eh te gajab di gal hai..means then I should believe in the stories of incarnation of our Gurus.....

like I am so much interested in knowing about Dad that I do very less research on Other patshahi....

Please let me know more about Guru Nanak Dev ji......in-depth facts....