Jaap Sahib – Sava Lakh (125,000) By June 2014

• 2 weeks later...

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh!

Saw Bhai Sukha Singh Ji talking about this on Sikh Channel - excellent! Exactly what we should be doing.

Vaheguroo

www.jaapsahib.com

From the site:

WHATS THE PLAN?

The Plan is to unite as a Panth in the Charan of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj under One Nishan Sahib and do ardas for the Chardi Kala of the Khalsa and begin the Savah Lakh Jaap Sahib Gurbani Jaap. Through the Bani of the True Guru we can unite and remember the great Martyrs/Shaheeds of the Kaum

This is our chance to unite across the globe, pray together and demonstrate our unity through the love of Gurbani and our Mahaan Shaheed Warriors.

The aim is to have done 125,000 Jaap Sahib de Paath by June 2014.

We cannot do this alone, we need our Panthic Brothers and Sisters, Mothers and Fathers from around the world, to join in with us and complete this task. As individuals we can only achieve so much, but with the support of Gurbani and the Sangat, we can attain everything.

So let’s show our conviction and faith in Vaheguru ji and complete Savah Lakh (125,000) Sri Jaap Sahib de Paath by 06 June 2014

This paath will allow each one of us to make a daily contribution to the betterment of the Panth. We are at a stage where simply attending one day events is not enough, we need to be working daily towards living as true Khalsa’s. If we truly care, then taking out just a few minutes each day is a small contribution to make.

just some stats

the idea is to do 125,000 over a year days which equals to approx 343 jaap sahibs a day

so far they are at 334 after 4 days, at the current rate they are doing around 83 per day.

it takes approximately 15 minutes to do or listen to jaap sahib, you can easily do 4 in under an hour

or if you have it on your headphones 12 in 3 hours

they have a form on the page which records all the jaap sahibs automatically and you dont have to put real details in if you want to be gupt -

MP3 Files - http://www.jaapsahib.com/?page_id=23

The quickest Shud Jaap Sahib is on their website which is around 16 minutes by Bhai Jarnail Singh- link

http://www.jaapsahib.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Bhai.Jarnail.Singh-Jaap.Sahib_.mp3

if you are more interested in a Kirtan version which is awesome that one is around 30 minutes by prof Satnam Singh Sethi- link
http://www.jaapsahib.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Prof%20Satnam%20Singh%20Sethi%20-%20Jaap%20Sahib.mp3

I understand why the old singhs used to say to memorise gurbani, as it becomes a part of you, after listening to jaap sahibs on headphones it seems to echo even when you dont have it on.

Baba Virsa Singh ji said about Jaap Sahib

"Jaap Sahib is a mighty ocean of God's grace and compassion. I encourage you to plunge into it and enjoy its bliss. You will emerge transformed and rejuvenated. Your anxieties, fears, and afflictions will drop away like dead leaves in autumn, replaced by fragrant spring breeze which will sweep through you, bringing the blossoms of strength, courage, and tranquility. With this transformation, you will find the worldly challenges and problems so puny that you will sail through them smoothly, successfully, and as if effortlessly, because God's grace and power will be operating through you. What is more, your spirit will be constantly soaring upwards toward its ultimate goal of union with God."

Jaap sahib can be quite a formidable task when you first start out, i remember when i first learnt japji sahib then I heard jaap sahib and i was like "oh my life, how will i ever read that" so this is a perfect chance for everyone to practice.

Really appreciate this initiative as what better way to remember and honour the shaheeds by reciting the bani they respected and loved.

wjkkwjkfateh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...