Help! Please :)

Guest Yo

I've come across lots of discussions whether to eat before doing paat or not.

now i am not a holy person, but i want to start doing paat and i think i owe it to Waheguru ji. :waheguru:

any who, apparently you should not eat before doing Jaapji sahib.. Rehrass sahib.

apparently if you do so, you should eat an hour before or wait an hour after.

more so, it is written in gurbani. :?

if this is so, my mind set would be very aargh cos i cant concentrate on an empty stomach. lol.

and take cold showers, unless its hot but in Britain it isn't so :|

Also other questions being..

1) when doing Rehrass sahib do you need to do Chaupi sahib after or just Ardass or both ?

2) when doing Jaapji sahib do you do ardass after or Chaupi sahib or niether ?

3)when doing Kirtan sohila, do you need to do anything else like Ardass or Chaupi sahib?

also if i wake up early have an shower, do Jaapji sahib and go on by my day and eat meat at lunch is it ok for me to do Rehrass paat?

im new to praying >.< and dont wanna be worst off, by doing it wrong.

i eat meat, im trying to cut that out and go veggie! but i heard sikhs can eat meat ... but thats leading to something else.

Also wondering is there any websites or stalls that sell kirtan sohila and chaupi sahib posters in english translation .. (meaning.)

Also doing Jaapji sahib or Rehrass sahib what are the meanings of doing them, like doing kirtan sohila protects you from evil that can convey when you sleep.

Also whats the best time to do Hukanama, and where does Hukanama come from? is it simliar to christainity .. verse of the day.

Lastly, i dont believe in cast. i think it should be abolished and its stupid.. more so of the people that big there cast up.! :stupidme: :angry2: :pissed: but what does 'soggi' belong to? And does cast = your family name??

Thankyou SINGHS :strong: and KAURS. :luv: :khalsa2:

btw these emotions are wow. :cool2: :feelingfree: :mushybounce: :wub22: :bl:

I may be completely wrong but in the 101 (or is it 110) rehats of Guru Gobind Singh Ji they say "My Sikh will not eat his evening meal before he completes his nitnem". Can anyone confirm this? Either way I think it's a good one to adhere to. I'm sure you can survive an hour or so without eating!

I may be completely wrong but in the 101 (or is it 110) rehats of Guru Gobind Singh Ji they say "My Sikh will not eat his evening meal before he completes his nitnem". Can anyone confirm this? Either way I think it's a good one to adhere to. I'm sure you can survive an hour or so without eating!

paji its 52 hukams given by dhan dhan sri guru gobind singh ji in nanded sahib...

Eating an hour or two before is simply for health and concentration issues.

If one tries to do path on a full stomach then they are most likely to fall asleep!!

Any activity be it physical or cognitive, is best done not on an empty hungry stomach or even a full stomach, but it would be more beneficial and accomplishable if done an hour or more after eating!

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Rehat Maryada or Code of Conduct is a set of best practices.

You can have your own routine but those who follow Rehat achieve superior results.

Talks & discussions are useless.

It's better to go on trial for a week, then compare both lifestyles.

As for posters why not create your own, try

http://fateh.sikhnet.com/GurbaniKirtan/gurbaanee.html

http://www.sikhnet.com/shabad-printer/

And Ardas is generally done at the end of prayers or Paath to beg forgiveness for mistakes.

Forget about veg & non-veg, first concentrate on prayers and contemplate Gurbani.

You will find info regarding Hukumnama at

http://www.sikhnet.com/pages/what-hukamnama

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

on the other hand being hungry and doing paath can make one have more dhan in what to eat later. :biggrin2:

Best to have a snack at around tea time 4pm, cup of tea and or a biscuit sounds good. couple of hours before Rehras Sahib ji etc.

As for the morning i dont think anyone gets up to eat before doing 5 banis, Naam simran etc, did read somewhere ( i think in a rehatnama or tankhnama) a sikh should not eat before doing Japji Sahib ji and Jaap Sahib ji, but now that would apply to the 5 banis and ardas.