The Third Eye? What Is It? What Does It Do?

There are many different terms and views for trying to define the 3rd eye, but firstly i think it would be easier for you to tell us what you think it means and we can go from there !!

Trikuti, trivenia, ajni, inner eye, pineal gland..etc.. are just some descriptions used.

I personally believe it is one of the early stages of meditation and once it occurs you move on to a newer level of meditation.

There are many different terms and views for trying to define the 3rd eye, but firstly i think it would be easier for you to tell us what you think it means and we can go from there !!

Trikuti, trivenia, ajni, inner eye, pineal gland..etc.. are just some descriptions used.

I personally believe it is one of the early stages of meditation and once it occurs you move on to a newer level of meditation.

In all honesty I didnt think much of it. To me, I always 'assumed that the 3rd eye was your conscience.

I'm not sure if that makes sense as i'm finding it difficult to explain. :/

So would it be bad to wear a third eye bracelet?

It's funny because you can only understand it once it is open.

Closing your eyes becomes pleasant because you no longer see pitch darkness.

Sometimes when the surroundings of the world get too much, I simply close my eyes for a minute or two and utter 'waheguru' repeatedly from my heart.-all I see and hear is the pleasant colourful vision of waheguru vibrations through the closed eyes, when I open them it feels as if I had just escaped from the crazy rat race around me and come back all revived and full of mental energy. -Plus the reassurance that God is very close within and around me.

One have to be very careful - third eye, trikurti, Dasam dvaar are all reference points but they are not destination lot of people get caught up in resonance panch shabads or light but in fact they are part of subtle element for eg sound is element of air, and light is element of fire.... so it's part of sukhsam elements. Atma paratma bhramgyan is way beyond dasam dvar or third eye.. In fact for giani they are mental concept based on perception, and distractions... only thing which goes all the way to bhramgyan atma paratma da Milap is Teebar Tam Bairaag and tyaag of ego via self inquiry , people can easily can get caught up in experiences in 3rd eye or dasam dvaar which further retains the ego as there is still individuality even acknowledgement of such experience or thought that feels good has sign of individuality. I will end with sakhi of sant isher singh ji, at dasam dvaar all powers came to sant ji with hands folded.. Sant ji rejected them all consider them mithiya as they had teebar bairaag to meet again with their preetam atma paratma.

Hi,

I guess the topic title asks my question.

Seems to me you have been spending some time watching 3HO videos. All this about sitting in a certain position, holding a hand certain way, having fingers in a certain way, breathing techniques, focusing eyes on this point that point........to simply put it is a bunch of rabbit out of a hat. You are wasting your time on things that lead you no where.

Satguru says focus your eyes on Gurbani and see the darshan of Vaheguru. Sitting or standing keep your focus on the Shabad and let the Prakash of Vaheguru come before your eyes with dedication and contemplation.

Please do excuse me if i'm wrong in saying this, but if I were to close my eyes, i'd also see things. Isnt this just a case of you see what you want to see or put your mind to?

I still dont understand the concept of the third eye (Sorry!!) and whether its ok to wear a third eye bracelet :blush2:

One have to be very careful - third eye, trikurti, Dasam dvaar are all reference points but they are not destination lot of people get caught up in resonance panch shabads or light but in fact they are part of subtle element for eg sound is element of air, and light is element of fire.... so it's part of sukhsam elements. Atma paratma bhramgyan is way beyond dasam dvar or third eye.. In fact for giani they are mental concept based on perception, and distractions... only thing which goes all the way to bhramgyan atma paratma da Milap is teebar bairaag and tyaag of ego via self enquiry , people can easily can get caught up in experiences in 3rd eye or dasam dvaar which further retains the ego as there is still individuality even acknowledgement of such experience or thought that feels good has sign of individuality. I will end with sakhi of sant isher singh ji, at dasam dvaar all powers came to sant ji with hands folded.. Sant ji rejected them all consider them mithiya as they had teebar bairaag to meet again with their preetam atma paratma.

What does teebar bairaag mean?