Do Amrit Dharis Always Have To Wear The Kakars?

Guest J.singh

• 1 month later...
Guest Sikh Scholar

Sorry but all you guys are wasting time discussing this....and I'm afraid just displaying your ignorance!

Answer me this: is Amrit broken:

when Bhai Randhir Singh was deprived of any of his kakkar , Should he have been punished?

When your dastar comes off while you sleep?

When you play sport your kakkar get dislodged or misplaced?

Does any of this make you a lesser Sikh?

When Bhai Randhir Singh had kakkars taken away no one could take away his Bani.....and how may of you can say the same of yourself.

I have kakkars because my Guru ordained it and no other reason- and the Guru also ordained a few additional things too. There is no reason to waste time to justify any of it. If you do what your Guru ordained then your answers will come automatically.....and we could spread words of wisdom rather than have to listen to some of the drivel dished out here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest sukhi kaur

I have always kept one kachera to shower, in that way we don't have many wet kachera's hanging, also

I have an elastic that i sew and attach a kirpan and kanga to it. when I am showering I put it on my arm

no worries about washing hair...my daily routine remains the same as before, I also keep a kanga with the kirpan, cos often kanga got lost for whatever reason, I like to be safe. I don't know if it is ok but I have a beautiful 4 inches kirpan and a regular kanga on an elastic, I sew it almost the same as the waist gatra,

that way I know I am comfortable enough without worries of loosing it or it also is not bulky at all.