Sikh Sangat International Conference

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

Its almost 2005... and i think we should hold a conference somewhere in the world (UK!) hehe

ok, heres my idea. 2006, SikhSangat.com holds a massive conference in the UK which is supported by the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras, UK because you would need loadsa funding. This would give international members one whole year to gather funds for a plane ticket to the UK. Everything else like accommodation and food would be free because the Gurdwaras would be free. Preferalby, this would be a one week event with different events going on in different places. (Dont forget Atam Ras is planned for 2006 again too). We could have one main conference.. discussions, keertan, rehansbhai, and basically turn it into a camp. Now come on, there are so many members (over 1500?) on this forum... a year and a half to advertise and plan the whole thing... lets do it? Im all game to help out and i can get support for this. But dont u think it wud be wkd?! Live broadcasting of the events on the internet. Funding wud be provided by sponsors, private and commercial. Lets keep bringing this forum out. It doesnt have to be UK but i think itd be ideal with mass population of Sikhs already residing here.

Let me know wot u all think and can the founder(s) of SikhSangat.com also step forward and give his/her vichaar! Waheguroo! :lol:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!

I would love to meet the Sangat!

It would be gr8 with UK...but what if we go to some kind of trip or camp....just for Sikhsangat.com members. I love mountaining/tracking....anyone wants to go to Gurdwara Hemkunt Sahib?? :lol: it would be SO fun...i really mean it...and we will learn so much also...Waheguru...i really hope something like this happens.

What do the ADMINS think...

(we can test our survival skills...lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Well firstly, we'd need to open a "branch" consisting of UK admins and members and we all get together (have some cha n samosas!) and then we cud start planning a SikhSangat.com Sikhi Week kinda thing with 7 days of different events consisting of a small camp, lectures, workshops, conferences, rehansbhai keertans, gurmat classes and wotever else the sangat can think of... how about it paajis, penjis and admins?! :wub: ))))

GREAT IDEA VEERJI!!! i cant wait, ill hav to staart gatherin som money for my air ticket den, maybe we all shud.lol. ^_^

i also like da idea of visting hemkunt sahib.....wat if instead of any western country r european counrty, we get our support an suponsers an wateva an we all meet in a sanja place.....india. where we can visit all our sikh history, GO TO HEMKAUNT SAHIB, hav reansbhais, an for many of us hu havnt been to india, an for thosee u hav wud be a great experince an get to experience somfin new. we wud be able to do evrything der tooo, since india is advacning fast, plus with our number of sikh students we can set a example for da youth population in india which is runin away from sikhi.... :wub: , wud be great, maybe insted of hot showers we can experience ishana of amritsar ...lol like da olden day singhs did. lol...plus for som of us its hard to get to dese counrties, too expensive an al dat rolleyes.gif ...we can hav lots of cha an samosay der too, an aloo paronthay, saaag, ....i better shut up now blush.gif

well maybe sangat shud co

nsider dis option to from dis moorkh blush.gif

Bhul chuk maaf jio

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!