Now Keshdhari

Guest amritabhilakee

Guest amritabhilakee

WJKK WJKF

I am 25 years and started keeping my kesh, and I have been working at the same office for many years as a non keshdhari... now I want to start tying gol dastar to work as I plan to take amrit soon.. I am just feeling a bit nervous of all the looks i might get.. and same thing goes outside of work... sort of nervous of looks from my family... :blush2: Going to get a lot of looks and negative questions I bet... :(

I have been wearing dastar outside to shopping and stuff, and i noticed alot of non-keshdhari punjabi ppl stop and stare more than before!

Any advice ?

bhul chak maaf

WJKK WJKF

Welcome to the Catwalk Singh, the fact is we stand out people wanna stare at us let em!

i have no advice for you except just do it, and once you do it once make sure u carry on do not go back (admitting defeat)

i rarely get questions i get the general "paki" shout from a window of a car but nothing too bad!

Be Fearless be a Singh

If you are feeling nervous then you need to work harder at listening to what Guru Sahib is saying to you through Gurbani. Read Gurbani with more devotion and dedication. Spend more time contemplating over shabads. Many people have a hard time wearing a kirpan outside a dress shirt because they lack the confidence. Spend more time with Singhs that are confident in their own skin. Many times I walk into places of businesses and I get weird looks because the size of my kirpan. But I know the person is confused and/or disagrees with Sikhs wearing a kirpan. So just smile and keep going in life.

What anyone says or how they look at you should not make you nervous. But it should make you aware of how people perceive you in that environment and what can you do to correct that misconception. Be a rock and others will have to change around you. Become water and the judgements passed on to you will effect you.

Know where you stand by immersing yourself deeper into Gurbani.