Dangerous Anti-Sikh Thinking Of Punjabi Canadian Youths

genie

not sure why canda has been singled out uk is worse

From what I've heard, stuff like Sikh girls marrying Muslims guys is close to being a societal norm in Canada, with the girl's family flinging open their doors and welcoming their Muslim son-in-law into their homes, yet in the UK I'm pretty certain such news is greeted by people with the clicking of tongues and striking of the forehead with the hand. :lol2:

From what I've heard, stuff like Sikh girls marrying Muslims guys is close to being a societal norm in Canada, with the girl's family flinging open their doors and welcoming their Muslim son-in-law into their homes, yet in the UK I'm pretty certain such news is greeted by people with the clicking of tongues and striking of the forehead with the hand. :lol2:

what you heard is crap. Its more Sikh guys in Canada marrying Sikh girls cos they haven't got a rep of being wussys. Also Canadian Pakistani people aren't as backward as the Uk Mirpuri and therefore don't make a fuss over their girls marrying non muslims, everyones under the desi baner.

Uk is a big problem and its only going to continue with no unity. If u look at Vancouver Sikhs may do wrong things but its a tight nit community and Sikhs will keeping growing and are set to become the largest outside India soon.

It all comes down to parents. All they teach their children is how to to gurdwara, do matha tek, take prashad, eat langar and go home.

they don't teach them what real Sikhi is because they themselves have no idea. They are more into making more money, talking behind people's back, promoting social evils like more preference to male child, discriminating based on caste. and " You are not Punjabi unless you drink"

You're absolutely correct Khalsa Ji.

We need conscription of youth to do seva in poor countries to teach them how lucky we are, what Sikhi stands for and why it's important.

maybe its time to have mainstream films about our gurus and history to reach these people - there's a lack of education in the gurudwaras and its not a recent thing - people who think this way don't go to the gurudwara. They are surrounded by western values of money, live for today and do what makes you happy, so we need new ways of reaching them.

100% true Kaur Ji

All the people who had tweeted in that message are Sehajdhari, we never needed them in the first place, I want to learn if they can become useful; if they are this low then I have no interest in teaching them anything; if they learned to at least keep Kesh maybe I would try to teach these garbage-equals

I humbly suggest to you bro that it's this sneering elitist attitude of yours which pushes such youth away. The consequences of your attitude can clearly be seen.

But the Gurdwara should be the one place you can learn about Sikhi. At home, parents should practice Sikhi so that their kids can see and learn and reinforce the message.

Absolutely right Veerji. Children follow where parents lead. Thus where parents fail we as a Sangat need to provide as positive an influence/mentoring as we can.

Not so Veerji. The overwhelming majority of Sikh-Muslim marriages in Canada are between a male Sikh and a female ex-Muslim who rejects the sexual discrimination of Islam. Only in Ontario are Pakistani levels beginning to grow to the levels where they can try emulate their Muslim grooming + love jihad tactics as employed in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

im a canadian sikh from a city called calgary alberta canada, there is alot of proper sikhs here support for issues like khalistan are expressed openly but these kids r retards who r onli sikhs by name alot of them drink and sleep around but the truth is tht i have a feeling there from east coast and these sikhs r alot like there uk counter punts these ppl r mostly from doab area in punjab they all try there hardest to intergrate within canadian culture. if u guys have ne questions about canadian sikh lifestyle ask me i know alot about it n the main problem we have right now (which is not really tht big of a issue just few cases) is from the girls who call themsleves sikh they know nothing about our religion they take hindu identity n marry out side our religon they even drink r passed around by men it ain tht bad but theres a few in my high school most of the sluts were girls who new nothing about sikhi but always on facebook put "kaur" but they would make fun of amritdhari sikhs really a piss off

oh really is tht so? do u even live in canada to say such a thing its not even heard of here dont make lies ok. and we all know how brave you uk sikhs are with stories of being constantly harrased by muslims and dont try bringing up the whole mirpuri thing cos in my city alot of the pakistani muslims r from kashmir from kotli and rawlakout n they pull the same <banned word filter activated> they do in the uk taking over nieghborhoods halal chicken shops (we even have chicken cottage here) they hve the same culture and speak the same language as mirpuris which is pahari and they have tried to stir <banned word filter activated> up but know now not to mess with sikhs but there the least of our problems