Punjabi Jains

Nalwa

A true Jain would never be patriotic of being "Indian"! That's an Oxymoron. Why would a true Jain ever feel part of nation that has been responsible for the deaths millions of innocent people and the desecration of religious shrines!? A nation that doesn't recognise your faith in full?! A nation where one party BJP backed by Hindu hardliner thugs and the other Congress promotes Rapists/Murders like Sajjan Kumar?! A true jain would be patriotic of India?! Seriously!?

Its a shame that Jains have allied themselves so close to Hindus that they feel compelled to join in any time a murderous mob forms to kill innocent people! If Jains would only try and seperate themselves a little and stamp their true teachings and philosophy into its people they wouldn't have a growing reputation of hypocrites.

On a recent university arranged trip to a Jain Temple I went to some Hindu students displayed the typical mentality of belittling Jainism as just a Hindu "sect" and copying their teachings. Sad thing is the Jain guide struggled to challenge and correct their views so about 150 students came away with the impression Jains are just a Hindu sect and that is exactly what they are fast becoming!

Jains have lost it. They are the prime example of how a society can get sucked into what it actually came out from. No wonder Guru Sahib so heavily condemns their practices. Although I got to say. most Jains I've personally come across are very nice people. Last month we took a Jain couple to Gurdwara Sahib with us. So you see, there are good and bad folks everywhere. Sad part is that they've been totally sucked back into Hinduism.