1984 - Let the silence be heard.

Akaali

84vigilone.bmp

1984 Candlelight Vigil

Toronto / California / New York

To commemorate those Sikhs that were massacred

in the pogroms that engulfed India in November 1984.

Saturday October 30th, 2004

6:00 - 9:00 PM

Nathan Phillips Square

Toronto, Ontario

- Candlelight vigil, eyewitness survivor accounts,

and community prayer (Ardas)

Dress code:

Males - White kurta-pajama and black dastar

Females - White punjabi-suit and black dastar/chunni

For more information:

Call 416-831-3705

Visit www.remember84.org

Let the silence be heard.

84vigiltwo.bmp

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Khalsa ji,

I do know the sikh Federation Uk have organised the Sikh Lobby in London on the 11th November. But it is not out of our hands to organise a youth vigil?

Currently, in Leicester, we have decided that the youth will donate blood in the month of November (date to be confirmed) in rememberance of those who's blood has stained the 'democratic' hands of India.

This could be a nationwide event, where we come together and remember those who lost their lives in these anti-sikh pogroms, we just need event organisers - anyone?

Phul Chuk Maaf.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

something was brought to my attention about this event:

why did they pick October 30? Thats the day before halloween.....ppl are gonna go out to halloween parties

and why the heck are they enforcing a dress code? every guy doesn't have a kurta pajama and certainly isn't gonna go buy one juz cuz of this. a mona guy isn't gonna wear a turban cuz of this event. not all ladies have a white or black suit, i certainly don't, so what would i wear?

i think the dress code is really gonna discourage some ppl from coming.

these ppl are doing a good job and put in a lot of time gettin this togehter.

its easy to criticize..

tsk tsk

atlesat there doing something, and i doubt u know all the trouble they went thru to even get a date that would work for everyone

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

id suppose that theyd like u to follow the dress code but they wont make u leave if u dont have n e thing in black or white. thats not the goal of this its to show unity and to hold a memorial

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

something was brought to my attention about this event:

why did they pick October 30? Thats the day before halloween.....ppl are gonna go out to halloween parties :wub:

and why the heck are they enforcing a dress code? every guy doesn't have a kurta pajama and certainly isn't gonna go buy one juz cuz of this. a mona guy isn't gonna wear a turban cuz of this event. not all ladies have a white or black suit, i certainly don't, so what would i wear?

i think the dress code is really gonna discourage some ppl from coming. no.gif

well indra kutti got assassinated on the 31st...

would u rather have them have the vigil on haloween nite?

nonono.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i went last nite and i followed the dress code. most ppl there wore the right colors. most of the ladies and children had orange dastars or chunnis with white kutas or suits. everyone else was wearing black and white. i dont think they went out and bought them just for this event, most ppl alredy have black and white clothes. it was soo sad.this guy named michael singh came and told wat he had seen wen he was in india. then my dad,my sis, my mom, and my cousin went on stage to tell their stories. then they showed a movie that was like one hour. after that we started lighting our candles.they kept telling us that the same thing that we did here was happening in new york and toronto the exact same way as we did it. then everyone just talked and went home. pray.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!