Touching Feet Or Bowing Down To Mahapurakhs

Guest dasguruka

Guest dasguruka

Khalsa Ji when we take Amrit we are told "sees ni jhukauna to anyone besides Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

But in Gurbani it tells us to be the dust of saints and mahapurakhs. Is it okay to bow down in front of mahapurakhs to show satkaar and respect or touch their feet. But not consider them our Guru since Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Guru.

Please keep this a sincere discussion and also not bring in Deravaad etc.

Great replies by all the pyaare gurmukhs above and daas will try to add something with maharaj's kirpa that during amrit sanchar panj pyare gives hukam not to bow or mahta tek somebody as ur guru other than sri guru granth sahib ji... its like that we matha tek to our elders as a sign of respect not that they are our guru

This is what daas thinks with his tuchi budhi

I touch any old persons feet when I meet them.I do the same to sants but do I think of them as my one and only guru?No.

I have seen amritdhari women doing matha tek to some sants as if they were the guru and this is totally wrong.

A number of real sants actually try to move their feet or try to reposition when someone bows down to their. Or some will tell you not to do that.

I know some people from India touch an elderly or wiser's knees.

Is this what some sant's expect and don't mind ?

Being born and raised over in the west, I don't really know the full significance of when someone touches knees and not feet or feet and not knees ?