Dear brother hsingh68,

surely when you make such a bold statement : there is no soul, you must have something in mind, but going in accordance to this present topic of Nam, and replying to your post , Satguru Sacahey Badshah Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj, in raag Aasaa says:

anhad sun maani-aa sabad veechaaree.

Hearing the unstruck music of the sound current, this mind contemplates the Shabad, and accepts it.

aatam cheeneh, bha-ay nirankaaree.

Understanding itself, this soul becomes attuned to the Formless Lord.

What Baba Nanak trys to explain us, is that, by listening to the Anhad Bani, Anhad Shabad, the mind is defeated, and the soul is thus liberated from its clutches.

And the soul, then sees it´s true self as same in essence of that Nam, Shabad or Wahiguru.

Knowing its real essence of being same as Parbraham Parmeshwar, it proceeds at full speed towards its destination, Sach Khand, to merge and become one with Satnam samundar.

This is the beauty of the truths in the Bani, because they are uttered by Akal purukh Himself, through His Gurmukhs.

Wah wah Sachay Badshah.

What Scali said - There is universal soul (GOD) the individual soul is an illusion just like our body. There is no merging of soul to God as we were never separated it was only the ego that thinks it is separated. Atma is God and everything is atma and there is no "speeding" towards sach khand as sach kand has never left us. But people think they haven't reached it yet and that it is far away or just within themselves.

What Scali said - There is universal soul (GOD) the individual soul is an illusion just like our body. There is no merging of soul to God as we were never separated it was only the ego that thinks it is separated. Atma is God and everything is atma and there is no "speeding" towards sach khand as sach kand has never left us. But people think they haven't reached it yet and that it is far away or just within themselves.

Jeev-Atma not same as Param-Atma. Sometimes I think you are confusing yourself than others

Jeev-Atma not same as Param-Atma. Sometimes I think you are confusing yourself than others

Let's first clarify what I mean by soul because I think the misunderstanding is on the basis of how I am defining what a soul is. What I mean by soul is what is deathless, never has taken birth, wasn't created, not touched by maya. That is my definition of soul but other use soul meaning their body or mind, which I am not referring to.

Therefore there is no individual soul other than param-Atma. There is no separate immortal soul that merges into an immortal God. There is only 1 soul, which is GOD.

What is naam? Many people say they have naam from so and so but are not amritdhari. I know of Radha Soamis having naam, no bad comments plz, but do other Sikh samparda also give this and do other faiths?

What exactly is it? I always thought it was simran, or reciting gods name.

Then some people say one needs a guru, confusing.

You will not recieve the true answer to this question from anyone on a forum. You will not get the answer to this from anyone full stop. The only one who can give you this answer is Guru Sahib himself. The only reason Guru Sahib even came to this world is to give updesh of naam. The whole point of Guru Sahib is to give you the answer to this question. Guru Sahib's way of telling you this is by giving you amrit (khande di pahul) and making you read Gurbani.

Naam is to be experienced, not read about.

If you are reciting waheguru waheguru even before or after you have taken amrit and have not met God. Then you have not realised what true naam is or you have not been reciting naam. Understanding naam for a second means mukhti from the birth and life cycle.

Totally agreed, according to old traditional gurmat and gurbani - naam itself also have stages (again to highlight stages for understanding purposes and to raise the bar of sikh spiritual aspirants), most sikhs(including me at times) are stuck in first layer of naam stage and get too excited for little effort we all have done -

Here is naam shown in stages from bhannu parkash:

post-24251-0-60508300-1387034880_thumb.j

Totally agreed, according to old traditional gurmat and gurbani - naam itself also have stages (again to highlight stages for understanding purposes and to raise the bar of sikh spiritual aspirants), most sikhs(including me at times) are stuck in first layer of naam stage and get too excited for little effort we all have done -

Here is naam shown in stages from bhannu parkash:

attachicon.gifnaam.jpg

I'm aware that other sikh and non sikhi scriptures have outlined naam into stages and the funny thing was that I was under the illusion of stages for years. However in gurbani I have not found stages and because of this the aim of sikhi (gurbani) is not to put the student under stages.

Saying that I am this stage or I want to reach the next level in my avasta is just ego. It is the ego that stops God realisation. Stages will become a hurdle for anyone on this path.

I'm aware that other sikh and non sikhi scriptures have outlined naam into stages and the funny thing was that I was under the illusion of stages for years. However in gurbani I have not found stages and because of this the aim of sikhi (gurbani) is not to put the student under stages.

Saying that I am this stage or I want to reach the next level in my avasta is just ego. It is the ego that stops God realisation. Stages will become a hurdle for anyone on this path.

I agree at the end, there is no perceptions of stages, its all one Ik0ngkar.

The thing is you need to realize that gurmat caters to all not just elitist types or estoeric aspirants since gurmat caters to all of humanity it breaks it down for all since everyone is at different different stages in spirituality so to break it down -stages are needed same thing with schooling you can't expect nursery student like us to understand phd stuff ..can you? even worldy schooling is done in grades/stages itself here we can talking about adhyatamic spiritual development schooling which is so huge off course overall framework has to be in stages as everyone is at different different avastha and stage.

One has to receptive to stages and spontenous stage flow of gurmat otherwise i agree like everything else can cause hindrances, road blocks but then again that too is part of hakum as there is no such thing as free will really.