Anyone watch BBC Michael Palin ?

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !

There was a program on bbc1 last night and it showed michael palin passage through pakistan and india .... it showed him going to Sri Harmandir Sahib. He sat in Pangat and was explained the significance of Pangat and how it enforces equality.

was good, and informative great to raise awareness. Did u know a year back a BBC program call things to do before you die. Darbar Shahib was in top 10. I think it was 4th place. :TH:

Intresting to see they guy have a quick swig of beer before he went to amritsar and hence darbar sahib too....

Maybe its nit-picking, but he seemed to reckon the sikhs had a strict dress code for entering darbar sahib.. which consisted of taking your shoes and socks off, covering ur head and washing ur hands..!!!

Guest stopsingh2
Intresting to see they guy have a quick swig of beer before he went to amritsar and hence darbar sahib too....

Maybe its nit-picking, but he seemed to reckon the sikhs had a strict dress code for entering darbar sahib.. which consisted of taking your shoes and socks off, covering ur head and washing ur hands..!!!

Yes I also picked up on the beer drinking at the border and then straight to the Darbar Sahib.

nooooo, missed it, i had a stupid headache, went sleep.

my french teacher said she was watching it, found it interesting. and then said she thougt she saw gyani mohan singh taking maharaj to akal takhat (well she knows his name, i did a french presentaion on him).

so who was the gyani taking maharaj to the akal takhat? anyone know? was it gyani mohan singh?

bhol chukke muaff

Das

I saw the part when he went to the golden temple, it was interesting.  It looks like a lovely place

This is meant with no offense but simply as a correction, the place is actually called Sri Harmandir Sahib and not the golden temple

oops sorry blush.gifblush.gif my sikh friend always refers to it as the golden temple so i automatically did my mistake rolleyes.gif

There was a program on bbc1 last night and it showed michael palin passage through pakistan and india .... it showed him going to Sri Harmandir Sahib. He sat in Pangat and was explained the significance of Pangat and how it enforces equality.

oh...is that why the SGPC not allow Women Ragis to do Kirtan?? Or allow them to perform seva inside the Harmandir Sahib??