Naam Simran As A Mona ?

Guest Indy Singh

Guest Indy Singh

Hey guys I've been wondering for a while can you guys please enlighten me ! so im just starting out doing naam simran but i have this one question as a mona can i still reap the benifits of naam simran or is it that i have to become amritdhari ? Will i get kamai or no as a mona?.... Can any1 also tell me what happens when all of sudden you feel like ur getting a high when meditating !?!

thanks in advance!

Hey guys I've been wondering for a while can you guys please enlighten me ! so im just starting out doing naam simran but i have this one question as a mona can i still reap the benifits of naam simran or is it that i have to become amritdhari ? Will i get kamai or no as a mona?.... Can any1 also tell me what happens when all of sudden you feel like ur getting a high when meditating !?!

thanks in advance!

Why not? Start with Mool Mantra brother. One of my best freind is mona has been doing meditation on mool mantra early since he was 14. I know him since child hood. He is at very high avastha. I felt amazing peace around him and resonance of gurbani around him. I lost touch with him now since he got married but he has been doing 4 hrs abhyas of mool mantra every day and atam vicharna every moment. Whenever i see him, his eyes are full of bairaag and red..he sleeps very little i thought he be tired but he goes there comes an point where one naturally does not need any sleep, gurbani fulfills all bodily needs including sleep that way one is always fresh not tired at all.

Why not? Start with Mool Mantra brother. One of my best freind is mona has been doing meditation on mool mantra early since he was 14. I know him since child hood. He is at very high avastha. I felt amazing peace around him and resonance of gurbani around him. I lost touch with him now since he got married but he has been doing 4 hrs abhyas of mool mantra every day and atam vicharna every moment. Whenever i see him, his eyes are full of bairaag and red..he sleeps very little i thought he be tired but he goes there comes an point where one naturally does not need any sleep, gurbani fulfills all bodily needs including sleep that way one is always fresh not tired at all.

That's amazing ! and it pleases me when i hear about someone earning some true wealth of naam.

It's also pleasing to know that he sleeps very little as i have also been noticing the same since going deeper into simran.

OP-Indy Singh, I would also say that if you feel the urge or hint to be doing simran, then you should just go for it and jump right in !

I too was mona a few years back when i began to try and start simran.

Then as i got more involved, I just felt that i shouldn't cut my hair- it's almost as if I felt that the hair was maintaining my spirituality and strength for some reason. Since then, i am no longer a mona and like to wear my pagh with pride and love.

It just felt like the right thing to do after i started simran. It wasn't as if i had planned to keep my hair but the sequence of events just seemed to follow naturally from that initial step !

My advice is that you should follow your instinct and do naam simran whilst also trying to start some veechar and study of gurbani, and hopefully everything else should just follow on from there.

Don't let things like hair,diet or being non-amritdhari put you off at the early stages.

thanks in advance!

You will feel a high by meditating when your actions are getting closer to what Guru Sahib wants of you. Read Gurbani and understand what Guru Sahib wants from you. Do Naam Simran and contemplate over your actions. The idea of Sikhi is to follow Guru Sahib and not reach these "stages". These stages are called ego and following Guru Sahib is called humility and being content.

Who cares what stage a mona has reached by doing naam simran. Do what Guru Sahib ask of you. Many times it is said I do so and so and have accomplished X for myself. Take it with a big pinch of salt, regardless of them being amritdhari, mona, or keshdhari. Shrug it off and focus on the teachings of Gurbani.