Bhangra Artists Unbelievable Contradictions

sikhiseeker

WJKK WJKF,

What a shame it is to hear the state of sikhi in America. In the uk there has been an influx of people, generally younger who are reconnection to their sikhi. God willing the same will happen in America. It just takes a few gursikhs who live sikhi within every minute of their life to start this ball rolling. Here in the UK we have many young gursikhs who a giving a brilliant example to the younger generation. You may have already seen his videos on youtube, bhai Jugraj Singh from basics of sikhi, if you haven't share it with your friends and family and hopefully guru nanaks parchar will once again awake sleeping souls.

Is there also this caste supremacy ideology over sikhi in the states?

WJKK WJKF

Yes of course we have jatts Sikhs giving up a bad name in my own community. They have their own thing and they don't understand there is no caste system in Sikhi, but they ignore and create more chaos. I have been seeing Jugraj's videos for a long time he has been doing a amazing job. In America, myself at age 16, I have devoted myself to the Panth in anyway in the future I want to help Sikhi grow in America. The problem is in 30 years I don't see much Sikh youth interested in keeping gurdwaras in order. So I'm sure many and many will be shutting down in 30 years. With that said we have to bring back people into Sikhi and get rid of these Jatt Sikhs giving us a bad name by teaching them of course. Most of these jatt singers all sing about women, alcohol, etc...

Also the problem is our gurdwara committees allow this horrible singers into the UK, Canada, and America to sing there vulgar music giving a bad reputation to our Panth. Things must change for the good. Most of these singers are more talk of money and less of the faith of our Guru ji's teachings.

One SIkh singer I have had more respect for is K.S. Makhan who was involved in drugs like 2-3 years ago or so but became Amritdhari. I found his songs to be very inspirational for Sikh youth in Punjab as most of his songs are Sikhi related in terms of having pride of wearing dastaar and etc. But he came out with a recently new song "gurpurab gura da" singing about bhagat ravidas ji with his followers in the vid.... I found it a bit odd.

I don't know what's going on around here, but K.S.Makhan has recently done a number of ravidassia songs. As well as the misleading ''gurpurb guruan da'' about bhagat ravidass who is addressed as shri satguru ravidass. Then there is also another one called ''khalsa da tara or tara khalse da'' and when you hear the song and see video, you realise it's about bhagat ravidass again ?? .................hang on,...am I missing something here...'Khalsa' and 'ravidass'.. go hand in hand do they ??

There's also some others out there that came out in last few weeks.

We have no problem with bhagat bani, but when ravidassia and dera ballan go about making references of Satguru, and sri guru..under the banner of sikhi, then I'm afraid there is a huge problem.

I don't know what's going on around here, but K.S.Makhan has recently done a number of ravidassia songs. As well as the misleading ''gurpurb guruan da'' about bhagat ravidass who is addressed as shri satguru ravidass. Then there is also another one called ''khalsa da tara or tara khalse da'' and when you hear the song and see video, you realise it's about bhagat ravidass again ?? .................hang on,...am I missing something here...'Khalsa' and 'ravidass'.. go hand in hand do they ??

We have no problem with bhagat bani, but when ravidassia and dera ballan go about making references of Satguru, and sri guru..under the banner of sikhi, then I'm afraid there is a huge problem.

He did a great job with his other album out last year all based on Sikhi related. I really don't know why he is singing about bhagat Ravidas ji but he is promoting Ravidassi followers who so claimed are a new religion. As himself a amritdhari this is hurting his reputation as a Sikh. I wouldn't be suprised if he was pulled into singing this kind of songs by some anti-Sikh agenda to be honest. Hopefully he goes back on the right path.

K.S. Makhan just got a ticket from BSP to fight election from Anandpur Sahib constituency. He is just singing these songs to get the votes.

Dear Singh135,

These sort of songs just fuel the fire really, like ducussed within the posts it fills the demand for the people who buy into caste supremacy wars. But whenever they associate sikhi within these songs, we should all show our condemnation.

WJKK WJKF

its no enough to ask Sikhi not be associated with it. Caste discrimination should be tackled on all levels.

What a retarded thing to be proud of if you think about it.. proud that your great grandfather was a carpenter or farmer?

Not exactly the engineer/doctor/lawyer that todays castist parents want? why arent they encouraging their children to buy some land and be a farmer...if thats not what they want..then why hold onto the caste of it! haha

its no enough to ask Sikhi not be associated with it. Caste discrimination should be tackled on all levels.

What a retarded thing to be proud of if you think about it.. proud that your great grandfather was a carpenter or farmer?

Not exactly the engineer/doctor/lawyer that todays castist parents want? why arent they encouraging their children to buy some land and be a farmer...if thats not what they want..then why hold onto the caste of it! haha

WJKK WJKF,

Again, your totally right, caste should be abolished on all levels unfortunately caste is still written on the hearts on minds of many a sikh in high positions of responsibility. Even sikhs on here show their condemnation on the meat issue, yet with caste they kinda find some form of justification,

WJKK WJKF

Just goes to show KS Makhan was in it for a reason. Im writing this from my mobile so cant send link but just google KS Makhan bsp and you can see the videos for yourself. Also whilst you there do the same for and i hate to say the word but the singer seems proud - KS Makhan chamar and judge for yourself.

His case is still pending in Jalandher court. Maybe he thinks charges will be dropped and then he could cut his hair and sing his usual crap.

WJKK WJKF

I'm no sure what K. S Makhans antics are and what his goal is but I have no issues with dharmic geet sung about bhagat ravidas within the sikh context, however when one associates bhagat ravidas with the term guru of sat guru it becomes out of the sikh context obviously, again if this is being associated with sikhi, it's needs to be condemned. That nihang guy was reprimanded for his views, why not K.S Makhan?

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

I'm no sure what K. S Makhans antics are and what his goal is but I have no issues with dharmic geet sung about bhagat ravidas within the sikh context, however when one associates bhagat ravidas with the term guru of sat guru it becomes out of the sikh context obviously, again if this is being associated with sikhi, it's needs to be condemned. That nihang guy was reprimanded for his views, why not K.S Makhan?

WJKK WJKF

which nihang guy? video link please