The World Is Burning

http://sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?cat=28&id=5068

The above link is to an article which insults Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji's bana.

Read the comments below it. They are just as slanderous.

The author name is T. Sher Singh from canada.

Here is one of his comments under his article.

12: T. Sher Singh (Mount Forest, Ontario, Canada), May 29, 2014, 4:13 PM.

In answer to MKS, #10: I find the picture as a whole to be a caricature of Sikhi. Not the individual parts. The same turban, worn by a Nihang in Punjab, is a beautiful thing. The same chola, worn as a night gown, is a comfortable and regal looking garment. The kattaar displayed in a museum is awesome. The sandals, when worn in conjunction with matching attire on a warm day, is relaxing ... and sexy! And so on and so forth. But to have a bunch of individuals strutting around our gurdwaras and children's camps dressed up and behaving like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, while at the same time spoofing Sikh spirituality and values ... that is what I find difficult to swallow. Nothing wrong with what they do, as long as they keep the silliness -- as we all do -- within the confines demarcated by the privacy of a bathroom with the mirror as your sole witness. Pretend you're Elvis, if you will, with a soap-microphone in your hand, and gyrate your pelvis shamelessly. Or dress up like Liberace. Even be the brave Banda Singh Bahadar. But, please do find a day and a time and a place assigned to Holi-like revelery to get silly. We call it Halloween in North America. It's called Guy Fawkes Night elsewhere. I trust you get my drift ..

Only someone of no ethics would directly insult our Guru Sahib. His track record shows he's an unethical person even in his professional life - he cons clients for their hard earned money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Sher_Singh

Due to his professional misconduct, Singh was removed from the Order of Canada on December 10, 2008.[6] He is also barred from practicing as a lawyer in the province of Ontario.

Can't believe how superficial this guy T Sher Singh is. He is a master of manipulation which he skillfully utilizes towards this article. He knows which buttons to push in order to get the right reactions from his readers. For example, the way he appeals to the sex/kaam within the young males by saying how Singhs in Bana turn off Sikh women who as a result marry non Sikhs! and notice in the comments section he got the desired results with many gullible males agreeing that yes this must be the reason for the promiscuous behavior of some Sikh women while also shamelessly doing Makhaul/Mazaak of the Bana. Then he also tries to compare Singhs in Bana to the Taliban in terms of looks.

T Sher Singh is no doubt a good writer, but the man should have a little bit of sharam before writing something about the Bana. Tomorrow people like him will even object as to why Sikhs have to sit on the ground in a Gurdrara instead of a chair and will no doubt try to say sitting on the ground doesn't look sexually appealing enough. Such people when they come to the west become so westernized that they try to out do the Angrez in being western, then they pass on their newly adopted western values to their daughters who end up marrying non-Sikhs and then blame their frustration on Sikhs who try to follow the old religious traditions.

BTW, I don't wear Bana myself, but the last thing I would do is criticize Guru's Bana, rehit.