Sign in to follow this  
Singh97

Help With Sarbloh Bibek

VJKK VJKF

I spent a few days with a few very chardi kala Singh's who convinced me to start eating natural from only sarbloh. I want to start but I'm going to slowly build up the rehat because I think it will be tough just jumping into things. The biggest and only problem is I'm 16 so I live with my parents who aren't amrit dhari, I can cook for myself but I don't know what to do when going to someone's house where I could be pushed to eat roti.

A few other questions I had are, is it ok to eat langar at the Gurdwara out of steel plates where sarbloh isn't available or would it be better to skip langar in that situation? Can I just clean the batay with sand or should I use something else?

VJKK VJKF

cleaning bateh with sand is fine but immersing them in 70 percent vinegar and 30 water for a couple of hours is also a good cleaner.

Rehat wise its all a learning curve. You should struggle to keep to a bibek diet, but it shouldnt be a cause of strife in your family. If you have to eat somewhere else its not the end of the world. Just keep on working hard to improve your gursikh jeevani. Personally Gurdwara langar is very often the worst place to eat....bibiya doing chugliya whilst preparing the food. Bhog is just an empty ritual now. learn as much cooking yourself. If possible get an oven in the garage or somet where you can do your own thing.

• Like 2

Btw what should I eat for breakfast? I usually skip it because I never know what to eat.

Let me get this clear in your head and all else who are reading this. Your nutrition and health is very important especially you are growing yet. Eat well to give you a big strong body, healthy. If you are already skipping meals etc this is a very bad sign.

Kahna kaho raj ke, kam karo dab ke - eat well and excercise

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Honestly if this stops the disgraceful scenes that we saw in 2014 and a few years later when videos of Sikhs fighting each other with kirpans and knocking of dastars are avoided then taking away their kirpans is probably a good thing. What a massive publicity coup the id.iots of Mann Dal and Dal Khalsa and the other paper tigers provided for the Indian govt. This was a occasion when Sikhs should have been solemnly commemorating the murder by the India states of Sikh men, women and children but all the world saw was some hotheads fighting among themselves. Honestly, what would any sensible non-Sikh around the world have thought, would they not think that these Sikhs are just troublemakers and maybe the GOI was right that they had to go in in 1984 to take out terrorists? in the battle for world opinion, those scenes were a massive own goal. I know that lots of people deride the protests and the candle lit vigils of the west but if you look at twitter recently and how lots of non-Sikhs, even Hindus have been showing support of Sikhs of what we suffered in 1984, this is what gives the GOI sleepless nights, not some hotheads fighting among themselves every year in June. 
    • SGPC was supposedly created to manage sikh religious affairs especially taking care of gurdwara sahibs and giving out sikhi parchar. However what it has become is controlled opposite to the desires and wishes of the Sikh kaum and protocols. The sri akal takht is the religious spiritual Sikh parliament where Sikhs come together during a convention where the community's panthic committee then collectively elects an akal takht jathedar to be the spokesman and leader of the panth. And now since the 90s  sgpc has been electing its own unknown akal takht jathedhar's against Sikhi protocols and wishes of the community. It's obviously been under the control of the indian state because every-time Sikhs elect their own religious leader there's conflict as delhi is unwilling to concede to the political aspirations of the Sikhs since 1947. So until SGPC isnt disbanded, reformed or something else created in its place as rival and competition to be the authentic voice of the community then this situation will not change.
    • They are frustrated and hoped the Sikhs would have forgotten 1984 and the whole period 36 years ago already by now. What the indian establishment  miscalculated by taking on the Sikhs is that we never forget we add it to our Sikh history as a way to inspire future generations to overcome the enemy who oppressed, attacked and brutalised our people. The more the hindu extremists and indian media talks about Sikhs in anti-sikh manor and degrades our martyrs as terrorists the more we will celebrate them and fight against their sikhphobia and anti-sikh narrative. If they kept their mouths shut let Sikhs commemorate their dead and celebrate their lives then eventually the wounds of 80s would have healed already. But these low IQ dumb hindians dont seem to understand the more they pour fuel of hatred to the embers the more the fire eventually reignites the memories of oppression and passions of the Sikhs
    • Got this quote from Manglacharan, definitely check his page out. He also does an English podcast on Suraj Parkash. 

Important Information

Terms of Use