Sign in to follow this  
Singh97

Help With Sarbloh Bibek

VJKK VJKF

I spent a few days with a few very chardi kala Singh's who convinced me to start eating natural from only sarbloh. I want to start but I'm going to slowly build up the rehat because I think it will be tough just jumping into things. The biggest and only problem is I'm 16 so I live with my parents who aren't amrit dhari, I can cook for myself but I don't know what to do when going to someone's house where I could be pushed to eat roti.

A few other questions I had are, is it ok to eat langar at the Gurdwara out of steel plates where sarbloh isn't available or would it be better to skip langar in that situation? Can I just clean the batay with sand or should I use something else?

VJKK VJKF

cleaning bateh with sand is fine but immersing them in 70 percent vinegar and 30 water for a couple of hours is also a good cleaner.

Rehat wise its all a learning curve. You should struggle to keep to a bibek diet, but it shouldnt be a cause of strife in your family. If you have to eat somewhere else its not the end of the world. Just keep on working hard to improve your gursikh jeevani. Personally Gurdwara langar is very often the worst place to eat....bibiya doing chugliya whilst preparing the food. Bhog is just an empty ritual now. learn as much cooking yourself. If possible get an oven in the garage or somet where you can do your own thing.

• Like 2

Btw what should I eat for breakfast? I usually skip it because I never know what to eat.

Let me get this clear in your head and all else who are reading this. Your nutrition and health is very important especially you are growing yet. Eat well to give you a big strong body, healthy. If you are already skipping meals etc this is a very bad sign.

Kahna kaho raj ke, kam karo dab ke - eat well and excercise

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• I think GurjantGnostic seems obsessed with me. Never mind. I think that KA is the more well known charity and gets the most publicity.  If he focuses on Non Sikhs then the more publicity he gets. The bigger these charities get, the less they actually help the people they claim to be helping. It becomes more about sustaining the people that work for the charity (they are also tax free) I have seen Oxfam's swanky head office and it makes you question their motives.  The question for us is to focus on charities that are smaller, Sikhi focus (they may get less publicity as it only deals with Sikhs) where they can be transparent,  accountable and where our donations can show that it is adds value to the people who they proclaim need it and not the people who work for it.
    • I think the reality is that unless you know enough gay people, it can be difficult to develop a gaydar.
    • I thought he was confusing you with Ravi Singh. Anyway Ravi Singh does get paid for running the charity, I made a mistake and said it was 35K a year but it is actually 33K a year but along with employers national insurance and pension payments, I sure this must come to about 35-38K a year and now he has more paid staff.    From their submission to the charity commission-;  Mr R.S Sidhu remains CEO and is in full time employment with the charity with a salary of £33,000 per annum.  As the charity develops, greater demands are placed on communication and operational systems. As this work cannot be done effectively or efficiently through voluntary manpower and to ensure compliance with the data protection act and other relevant legislation, the charity requires dedicated staff working to formalised procedures and within established structures. An office manager is employed for 37.5 hours a week together with a 2 full time project coordinators. The role of the project coordinators is to oversee current projects and collect and collate relevant data. An IT expert has also been employed 2.5 days a week to manage and ensure safety of the charities cyber security, databases and internal IT systems. A full time bookkeeper has been employed to assist the charities financial management day to day The Charity and its work will continue to be governed by way of regular trustee meetings.  Work continues to strengthen and further develop the charities operating procedures and ensure effective governance procedures are in place. About staff costs the same submission states-; 11. Staff costs The total staff costs and employee benefits for the reporting period are analysed as follows: 2019 Wages and salaries 181,104  Social security costs 15,743 Employer contributions to pension plans 2,323 Other employee benefits –  Total 199,170  So it's not just Ravi Singh taking £33K from the dsawandh, it more like nearly £200,000 a year that the charity gives as wages and benefits to employees.       
    • The stereotypical portrayal of the effete, limp-wristed gay man has done much to confuse matters, lol, especially when someone who's gay but doesn't display any overt signs suddenly reveals himself to be a friend of Dorothy, which makes me suspect the painfully camp demeanour some gays possess is greatly exaggerated.

Important Information

Terms of Use