Girls Views On Guys With Turbans

VeerSingh87

Thanks. You still don't need to apologise. I am not upset about it but I do think it's important that we recognise that most Sikh boys with a turban and beard are not interested in a Sikh girl who keeps her hair. You would think that sikh boys would want someone who was into the same idea of naturalness as them but instead they have issues with girls having hair. I find this sad because of all the people on the planet Sikhs should know that hair is natural both on a man and a women.

There are other things that bother me about Sikh boys - they treat a hair keeping Sikh girl with less respect. When I meet sikh turban wearing boys - there is an assumption that I don't know anything else about the world.

I am the most highly educated person you will meet on this planet - I attended the top school in the Uk, and the top university in the Uk and have a top paying job. When I walk into a room I get treated inferiorly by Sikhs as they stereotype a Sikh hair keeping girl.

Are you amritdhari?

Are you amritdhari?

No. Why do you ask?

Bhenji, much respect to you for being firm in your Sikhi even in the face of all adversities.

I am the most highly educated person you will meet on this planet - I attended the top school in the UK, and the top university in the UK, and have a top paying job.

Please forgive me for saying this, but have you ever paused for a second and thought that perhaps its this kind of attitude which gets you all the negative reaction from the Sikh guys? May be its not your hair after all, but this "I am much better than any of you losers" attitude? I apologize, I don't know you well and am not aware of whatever interactions you've had with others, but the simple fact of life is that giving respect is the simplest way of getting it back. Respect is earned, not demanded. For the 3rd time, I am sorry if this sounds blunt, but if you're going to meet people with the kind of attitude which unfortunately sounds pretty arrogant, I am not sure how much you could blame them for being the way they react.

Sorry of this offends you, but please do think about it, and correct me wherever you may find me wrong.

so you are a complete keshdhari sikh I got .. Can I ask you a simple question? guess you see ten sikh guys in front of you. As you live in uk,Can you tell me how many sikh guys you see as keshadhari sikhs (complete)?... not talking about monas and trimmers wearing pugs...

I can name about 50 Singhs through my university experience who have turbans, beards (non trimmers) - despite being 'singh' they want a girl who shaves and removes hair.

Bhenji, much respect to you for being firm in your Sikhi even in the face of all adversities. Please forgive me for saying this, but have you ever paused for a second and thought that perhaps its this kind of attitude which gets you all the negative reaction from the Sikh guys? May be its not your hair after all, but this "I am much better than any of you losers" attitude? I apologize, I don't know you well and am not aware of whatever interactions you've had with others, but the simple fact of life is that giving respect is the simplest way of getting it back. Respect is earned, not demanded. For the 3rd time, I am sorry if this sounds blunt, but if you're going to meet people with the kind of attitude which unfortunately sounds pretty arrogant, I am not sure how much you could blame them for being the way they react. Sorry of this offends you, but please do think about it, and correct me wherever you may find me wrong.

Mehtab paaji - we know each other from the old days of the forum - Is your friend Paapi still on here?

I am sorry if it sounds that I have been saying this to people. I never have. However when Sikh people talk to me like I know nothing about the rest of the world it's something that crosses my mind.

ok. got ...now can you tell me Those who were not singhs ( who cut their hair and monas) what kind of girl they wanted to have?

TurbanGuys - in answer to your question: none were following sikhi properly. The bottom line is that a Singh wearing a turban and a beard shouldn't have a problem with marrying a girl who keeps her hair.

Mehtab paaji - we know each other from the old days of the forum - Is your friend Paapi still on here?

Hahahaha I doubt it, but I will let him know someone was asking about him :D

So you have a new nickname eh? :D

I am sorry if it sounds that I go around saying this to people. I don't ever say this but it's something that I think when Sikh people talk to me as if know nothing about the rest of the world.

Acha jee, don't be sorry, its alright. And it is true, our folks can be like that on several instances. But don't let that put you down :)

Hahahaha I doubt it, but I will let him know someone was asking about him :DSo you have a new nickname eh? :DAcha jee, don't be sorry, its alright. And it is true, our folks can be like that on several instances. But don't let that put you down :)

Thanks. It would be nice to know what's happened to everyone and where life has taken them.

It seems like all the people on the forum have changed apart from you! All these new kids have arrived but with the same issues. I feel like our community is not progressing if the youth complain about the same things. We have amazing teachings, know what the truth is but there must be a failing somewhere of application or education.

I am very happy with my life, how I live it and I am definitely not down about anything. However I wanted to mention the cultural attitude of hair keeping Singhs towards girls with hair.