Elections

Bijla Singh

John Kerry called sikhs terrorists on nation television in America

half the world thinks that, nothing new, its up2 us 2 teach ppl. well at least he knows now n its 1 less 2 make aware

LOL, As sad as it sounds, half of the world doesn't even know about Sikhs.. :|

It was really funny ..just within the last week or so..I did a paper on comparitive religions..and it happened to involve Sikhism..

So, I made this comment..it went something like this:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji established Sikhism, which is now dubbed as the world's fifth largest religion.

And the instructor....took a red pen.....and circled both Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Sikhism..and wrote on the side, YOU SURE? - Check your facts! I've never even heard of this religion..

LOL, and this is coming from an highly intellectual individual!

Imagine the rest....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, As sad as it sounds, half of the world doesn't even know about Sikhs

which means the other half do (2halves make 1) n they think were terrorists. tongue.gif

even a gora said 2 me ur main population is in india n u dont even make up 3%. theres more christians than yous, you lot couldnt even defend the golden temple in '84:|

in school me n my friends used to be allowed to take days of for EID, get out of school on friday for 'prayers' and no1 had a clue about us, until one day i got caught by Religious Ed teacher

Actually jee, if you look carefully, BUSH said that they had WMDs. France, Germany, and Russia said they didn't. the UN WEAPONS INSPECTORS SAID THAT THEY DIDN'T. Iraq THEMSELVES said that they didn't. If they had them, there were PLENTY of opportunities for the Bush administration to send in weapons inspectors which would not involve 10,000 deaths.
In October 2002, the UN security council unanimously called in Iraq to hault its WMD programs or face 'consequences'. Just incase you're not sure, France and Russia and permanent members of the council and Germany was on the council during this vote as well.

Hmmm, hauling programs that don't exist huh? Weird. :T:

And ANYBODY taking an economics class will tell you that Reganomics FAILED. MISERABLY.

Really? Not my economics professor. It all depends on the kind of economist. There's different strains of economic theory my friend. Many, though not all economists credit Reagan's economic policies for a '17 year boom

39;.

But does supporting a brainless <banned word filter activated> help anyone?
Brainles <banned word filter activated> huh? I read a New York Times article yesterday, (which I will post once I find the link) which showed how Bush has a higher IQ than Kerry, based on military tests and Bush's SAT scores. Just because someone is not a smooth talker, it doesn't make them an <banned word filter activated>.
Which would have still been LESS than what Bush did...

Your cynicism never ceases to shock me. You have this image in your mind of Bush being some hopelessly evil monster who wants to steal as much money from working people as possible. This image is WRONG. No one believes it, except for people who enjoy being cynical. Democrats could be elected to the white house for the rest of eternity and oil prices will continue to rise. It will eventually reach $100 a barrel, and then $150 a barrel.

LOL Fahrenheit 9/11 was propaganda ...and contrary to popular belief, not a documentary!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Propagana, yes. But if it were untrue, he would have been sued right? (answer: he wasn't sued -- and plus, you have A LOT of video footage, don't tell me he made that up too!)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Found the NYT article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/politics...html?oref=login

(registration required)

Also, a Supreme court ruling from about 2 decades ago allows for slander of "public figures". Moore has been sued before by smaller people who've been misrepresented in his movies (Columbine and Fahrenheit), but he's never been sued by elected officials because their lawsuits wouldn't be allowed.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If it were up to me I'd vote for Paul Martin of the Liberal Party... Oops, wrong country.

( A little bit of comic relief. Ease the tension ya know?) I think everyone can agree on this though, no matter who gets chosen they're going to be the next victims of internet spoof geeks. Now I think I'll go to a subject that's more on the sikhi side of things... Or more Canadian at least. :wub: )))) grin.gif :nihungsmile: :e:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!