Elections

Bijla Singh

Rupinder kaur.. with much respect to you.. i think it's not sane to have debate with the person who doesn't even live in states.. I mean comeon 90% the american elect their president is for DOMESTIC issues which Directly effect us not British, Canadians and so on.. the only international issue is War on Other countries.. So other countries citizen pls leave this disscussion only to Public living in States.. Sorry but this is our Internal issue.. you don't see me or others discussing about tony blairs elections.. even though some of us do know much history of england and so on..

So at the end.. You debating on the issue where none of americans will even care listen is because you are not living here.. One won't know the issues that we as americans are facing unless you move down here and start taking part by contributing to American Economy system.. Otherwise there is no point of having discussion with you and others :wub:

Sorry if i offended anyone !!

Above is the basic debate 101 Tip !

Singh no offence, but than you shouldnt have been telling people to vote for Navdeep Singh Bains... in the canadian elections....

just playing 'devils advocate'

dont take me seriously...

but do u get my point?

Noted that point.. won't talk about it next time :TH: I just got happy and started supporting him because he is gursikh and emailed me couple of times.. like saying thank you and so on..

----------

It's not that im fanatic democratic guy.. As many know members here who lives in fremont and sacramento area knows that i was the one who was running around in and around gurdwara sahib trying to get support for Dr. Kathuria a republican senate guy.. which sadly the republican at end said that they won't give him the seat and gave the chance to run for the senate seat to the guy who is not even Resident of IL state (Alan Keyes)..

Anyway.. I think most of the american users of this forum are either sleeping or probably they do not have interest in upcoming elections.. it's sad..

post-2-1098856939.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikh Soldier:

When did I ever mention that Sikhs would suffer small injustices as a result of being suspected of terrorism?

Sikhs most likely have suffered "small injustices" from the time they landed here, because hate crimes are carried out on those who are different from the rest of the lot. Discrimination, prejudice, etc. also applies to the minority crowd.

It's easy for us to sit here and laugh.."Hahahha- Americans are dumbasses- they couldn't even prevent 9/11" .. Edited *First warning : Pls No Personal Attack on other member*

Well, do you mind perhaps sharing the stories of your "numerous" arrests...??.. If the Police Dept. of California were behind Sikhs ...dyamm..the state jails, half-way houses, and etc. must have been packedd...and perhaps even ran out of room.  None the less, you are incapable of explaining how Mr. Bush called Officer Johnson of the California State Police Dept. to arrest Bijla Singh..
very funny. i am not interested in sharing my stories but it has happened to many sikhs not just me. it never happened to you which is why you are talking like that. i wonder if you even look like a sikh cuz it seems like you never faced any problems and obviously you think this discrimination is pretty normal to take place. explain why FBI agents are going to gursikhs' houses and searching everything without any reason. oh right, you don't know damn thing about that. FBI had nothing else to do and just thought about braking into some sikh's house, right? they are following direct orders of the government. without any justification some sikh organizations were banned. pretty normal??
On a more serious note, you can't expect perfection and the highest degree of knowledge from law enforcement officials.

but why not courtesy and some respect. do you wanna get pulled over, get mistreated and disrespected?

Education will take time.

best country in the world and education will take time? my how much time and i will wait.

People will be ignorant in the meantime
america is full of ignorant fools.
but until people are educated,

and when will be that for you?

sikhs will probably have to suffer small injustices because of the vigilance required to keep America safe.

interesting. for safety of america we are required to suffer? "small injustice"??????????? a Sikh was shot in Arizona and you call that "small injustice"? what if that had been your father or brother? Sikhs were attacked all over the country and also in other countries like australia and new zealand and you call that something "small". gee then i guess attack on Sikhs in 84 wasn't too big after all since it was required for unity of india. right?

<

br>I stated my reasons for not voting bush. never asked you for response or to start a debate. next time read the first post before you write anything. just state your points and don't turn this into a pointless debate.

Bijla Singh, your posts sound like reasons to hate America, they don't sound like persuasive arguments to either not vote for Bush or to vote for Kerry.

You don't like America, we get it.

Unless you believe that everything will magically change for the better if Kerry is elected because Bush is behind all the ignorance right? When Clinton left office, Bush must've poisoned the food supply or something for everyone to become ignorant and bigoted overnight. He must be co-ordinating with the FBI and local police departments on a minute to minute basis, making sure that they act as brutal and mean as possible.

america is full of ignorant fools.

We'll welcome you up here in Canada with open arms.

By the way, why did you sound like an 'undecided' voter when you started this thread?

And why do you care about the outcome of an election, of a country, that you seem to so passionately despise?

Bijla Singh, your posts sound like reasons to hate America, they don't sound like persuasive arguments to either not vote for Bush or to vote for Kerry.
i don't care what you think and what it means to you. i don't hate america. i don't consider myself an american but if i am gonna live in this country at least i can try to make it better somehow. bush has done nothing for this country. less jobs, more debts, more ppl losing health care, more bills and what not. just by paying some visits to CA doesn't make you an expert in understanding the situation. come here, get a degree after 4-5 years and then try getting a job. but wait no, nothing is here. we are stuck here with more bills and less pay.
Unless you believe that everything will magically change for the better

magically? no. i don't hope. but i do hope he can do better than bush. i don't see how bush will do anything good in next four years. he will still have his head stuck in bin laden's butt. he got no bills to pay so no worries for him. and tell me what good would bush do for america? more jobs, economy, gas price, education fees??

He must be co-ordinating with the FBI and local police departments on a minute to minute basis, making sure that they act as brutal and mean as possible.

what i wrote is the truth. what do you know sitting in canada? happened to my own friend.

We'll welcome you up here in Canada with open arms.
i prefer america over canada. similar attacks did happen in canada.
By the way, why did you sound like an 'undecided' voter when you started this thread?

carefully read it again. i wrote "I am more toward kerry right now." i was decided but wanted to know whom the sangat supporter more and i did mean american sangat. sorry for not writing that down.

And why do you care about the outcome of an election of a country that you seem to so passionately despise?

maybe i don't love america the way you love canada but it certainly does not mean i hate america. i live in this country and outcome of election do affect me. i want to get a good job and have better life. under bush there have been

less and less jobs. he failed to create more jobs and most jobs left CA and went overseas or to texas. bush did nothing. high tax imposed on companies in CA. so i hope maybe kerry can do better. even if he doesn't, got nothing to lose. bush had his chance now its kerry's turn. would you not care about elections in canada? but i see this is pointless. come live in CA for couple years and try to settle here. you will know everything.

btw, I am 100% Punjabi. my nationality is Khalistani but I live in america. got it?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

John Kerry's Resume LOL.gif

NAME: John Kerry

RESIDENCE: 7 mansions, including one in Washington DC, worth

multi-millions. I served in Vietnam (four months).

EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement. In my career as a U.S. Senator, I've voted to cut every

law enforcement, CIA, and Defense bill. I ordered the city of Boston to

remove a fire hydrant in front of my mansion, thereby endangering my

neighbors in the event of fire. I served in Vietnam (four months).

MILITARY:

I served in Vietnam (four months). I used three minor injuries to get an

early discharge from the military and service in Vietnam (as documented by

the attending doctor). I served in Vietnam (four months). I then returned

to the U.S., joined Jane Fonda in protesting the war, and insulted returning Vietnam vets, claiming they committed atrocities and were baby killers. I served in Vietnam (four months). I threw my medals, ribbons, or something away in protest. Or did I? My book "Vietnam Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier", shows how I truly feel about the military. I served in Vietnam (four months).

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike my counterpart George Bush, I have no higher education and did not get admitted to Harvard nor graduate with an M.B.A

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

After College and Vietnam, I ran for the U.S. Congress and have been there

ever since. I have no

real world experience except marrying very rich women

and running their companies vicariously through them. I served in Vietnam (four months).

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

As a U.S. Senator I set the record for the most liberal voting record, exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. I have consistently failed to support our military and CIA by voting against their budgets, thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself. Although I voted for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to admit that I voted for it. I

voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan to help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am elected. I served in Vietnam (four months).

My wealth so far exceeds that of my counterpart, George Bush, that he will never catch up. I make little or no charitable contributions and have never agreed to pay any voluntary excess taxes in Massachusetts, despite family wealth in excess of $ 700 million. I served in Vietnam (four months).

I (we) own 28 manufacturing plants (Heinz) outside of the U.S. in places like Asia, Mexico and Europe. We can make more profit from the cheaper cost of labor in those Countries, although I blame George Bush for sending all of the other jobs out of Country. I served in Vietnam (four months).

Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served in Vietnam (four months).

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).

PERSONAL I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht the "Scarmouche".

I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it reflects our real culture.

I own several "Large" SUVs including

one parked at my Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large, polluting, inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy problems. I served in Vietnam (four months).

George W. Bush's Resume LOL.gif

George W. Bush (Dubya)

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW

Washington, D.C. 20500

Past Work Experience

* Ran for congress and lost.

* Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

* Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

* Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

* With father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments in Previous Positions

Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.

Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog-ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

Set record for most executions by any governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my father's appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments As President

* Attacked and took over two countries.

* Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

* Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

* Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

* First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

* First president in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

* First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history.

* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.

* Set the record for most campaign fundraising trips than any other president in U.S. history.

* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

* Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history.

* Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

* Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in U.S. history.

* Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

* Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in U.S. history.

* Presided over the biggest energy crises in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

* Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

* Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

* Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

* Dissolved more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.

* My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in U.S. history.

* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history (the 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleezza Rice, has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).

* First pre

sident in U.S. history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.

* Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

* First president in U.S. history to order a U.S. attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.

* Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

* Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.

* First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the human rights commission.

* First president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the elections monitoring board.

* Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in U.S. history.

* Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

* Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

* Refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

* First president in U.S. history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. elections).

* All-time U.S. (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

* My biggest lifetime campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

* Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in U.S. history.

* First president in U.S. history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

* First president to run and hide when the U.S. came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

* First U.S. president to establish a secret shadow government.

* Took the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11,

and in less than a year made the U.S. the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in U.S. and world history).

* With a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

* Fist U.S. president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

* First U.S. president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the U.S. than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

* Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

* Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated U.S. law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

* Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive.'

* Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

* In the 18 months following the 9/11 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

* Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in U.S. history.

* In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War.

* Entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

Records and References

* At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available)

* AWOL from National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.

* Refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

* All records of my te

nure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

* All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

* For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (they can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.

everyone. take a deep breath. akho vaheguroo jee. calm down.. pick ure own president. dont get mad at someone elses opinon on this topic.. and have fun. my vote goes for kerry. just cuz he looks a little smarter and he doesnt stutter. i dont like stutterers

Wow..

Just cause he doesn't stutter..does that automatically mean ..he can be a better commander-in-chief..than BuSh?

Tuesday ain't too far

Meanwhile:

While the Right is not as predisposed to hating fellow Americans as is the Left, many non-Left Americans, while not harboring the hatred for Sen. John Kerry that the Left harbors for George W. Bush, hold John Kerry in low regard and believe that bad things would accompany a John Kerry presidency.

Here is one voter's list:

1. John Kerry was described by Lynne Cheney as "not a good man" after Kerry used the Cheney daughter's <admin-profanity filter activated> orientation to score political points. She may be right. As William Safire writes, "The sleazier purpose of the Kerry-Edwards spotlight on Mary Cheney is to confuse and dismay Bush supporters who believe that same-sex marriage is wrong, to suggest that Bush is as 'soft on same-sex' as Kerry is, and thereby to reduce a Bush core constituency's eagerness to go to the polls." Even the press, Safire notes, has respected Mary Cheney's right to privacy.

2. John Edwards, Kerry's choice as his running mate, is a trial lawyer who has made a fortune suing hospitals. Like many in his profession, he has made America a worse country. However, even more of his character was revealed when he said after the death of Christopher Reeve, "If we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk, get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."

As Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Charles Krauthammer, himself whee

lchair-bound from paralysis, wrote, "In my 25 years in Washington,

I have never seen a more loathsome display of demagoguery.

Deliberately, for personal gain, raising false hope in the catastrophically afflicted is despicable. . . . There is no apologizing for Edwards's remark. It is too revealing. There is absolutely nothing the man will not say to get elected."

3. Normally even partisan observers of elections say nothing about the wives of presidential candidates. Aside from propriety -- the families of candidates should remain off-limits to political attacks -- every wife of every presidential candidate and of every president in living memory has been an asset to the country. It brings me no joy to say that Teresa Heinz Kerry is not worthy of being the first lady of the United States of America. From her public utterances -- such as young American men and women dying in Iraq because of American "greed for oil" -- and her many years of financial support for radical groups, it is clear to me and many others that this woman does not particularly care for this country. Her primary identity is that of world citizen, and her values are those of France and anti-American Europe.

4. John Kerry represents the Party of Michael Moore. This America-hating Marxist was given a place of honor at the Democratic Party Convention in Boston, seated next to Jimmy Carter, a former Democratic president who said that Moore's Goebbels-like propaganda film "Fahrenheit 9/11" was one of his two favorite films.

5. A vote for John Kerry is a vote for Michael Moore, the ACLU, Ted Kennedy, trial lawyers, George Soros, the leftist academics who morally confuse generations of young Americans, and for Dan Rather, CBS News, and nearly the entire news complex that daily presents a proctologist's view of America. A vote for John Kerry is a vote for Jesse Jackson, whom Kerry has named a top adviser; and for Al Sharpton, with whom Kerry campaigns; for Sean Penn and his Hollywood world; and for the passionatel

y pro-Kerry MTV, the greatest destroyer of young people's minds and souls in American history. And a vote for John Kerry is a vote for the countries that have abandoned us and against the countries that are helping us.

Two unimpressive men have been nominated by the Democratic Party to be president and vice president of the world's greatest country. If they win, this country will, for the first time, begin relinquishing that greatness.

[source:http://www.townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/dp20041019.shtml]

A Documentary ..:

[see it!!..]

http://www.stolenhonor.com/documentary/background.asp