Sikh Panth, Sikh Prisoners, And Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa

acsap

BY SIKH24 EDITORS / IN INDIA, PUNJAB, WORLD /

DECEMBER 23, 2014
ISO-610x404.jpg

Leaders of Sikh bodies meeting Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh

AMRITSAR SAHIB, Punjab (December 23, 2014)—A delegation of representatives of various Sikh organizations on Monday met Sri Akal Takht Sahib appointed Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh to remind him about the promise made by him during the previous hunger strike of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa staged for the release of Sikh political prisoners languishing in jails of India.

It is worth mentioning that following that promise, Bhai Khalsa ended his strike but the Jathedar has failed to deliver his promise so far.

Giani Gubachan Singh made an assurance that he is negotiating with Indian prime minister and home minister to ensure the release of Sikh detainees. He said at this stage if the life of Bhai Khalsa would be endangered due to the fast, the central as well as Punjab government would be responsible.

After meeting the Jathedar, International Sikh Organization (ISO) state president Kanwarbir Singh, 1984 Sikh genocide crusader Bibi Jagdish Kaur, representative of Bhai Khalsa Bhai Amritpal Singh, All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) president Karnail Singh Peermohammad said that the Jathedar made an assurance that the efforts being made for release of Sikh political prisoners gained momentum and he would ensure the release in every case.

It has been learnt that Giani Gurbachan Singh is in contact with renowned lawyers advocate Navkiran Singh and HS Phoolka.

Besides other large numbered Sikh activists, senior Akali leader Mahabir Singh Sultanwind, Mukhtar Singh Khalsa, Jasbir Singh Khalsa, Surjit Singh Gill, Gurmanjit Singh, Manbir Singh Khehra, Sandeep Singh Khalsa, Gurdeep Singh Goldy, Jagmohan Singh Shant etc. were also present there.

ISO-2-610x439.jpg

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਨਾ ਓਹੁ ਮਰਤਾ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਡਰਿਆ ॥

He does not die, so I do not fear.

ਨਾ ਓਹੁ ਬਿਨਸੈ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਕੜਿਆ ॥

He does not perish, so I do not grieve.

ਨਾ ਓਹੁ ਨਿਰਧਨੁ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਭੂਖੇ ॥

He is not poor, so I do not hunger.

ਨਾ ਓਸੁ ਦੂਖੁ ਨ ਹਮ ਕਉ ਦੂਖੇ ॥੧॥

He is not in pain, so I do not suffer. ||1||

ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਊ ਮਾਰਨਵਾਰਾ ॥

There is no other Destroyer than Him.

ਜੀਅਉ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਜੀਉ ਦੇਨਹਾਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

He is my very life, the Giver of life. ||1||Pause||

Last year protests to highlight the plight of Bhai Sahib were held across several countries but this year there is little or no appetite. What is the reason for this, why is support so thin on the

ground this time round?

If anybody has contacts with Sikh organizations that have not actively giving support please contact them to ask why. Dhumma, Nihangs, Nanaksar all came to Akal Takht on Monday, did they raise the release of Sikh prisoners?

If anybody has contacts with Sikh organizations that have not actively giving support please contact them to ask why. Dhumma, Nihangs, Nanaksar all came to Akal Takht on Monday, did they raise the release of Sikh prisoners?

Sikh Youth Federation Bhindranwala that is of Damdami Taksal youth Singhs posted on Fb regarding the fasting for one day tomorrow on Christmas day. That's all of I know of DDT support for Gurbaksh SIngh Khalsa.

Nanaksar Kaleran -

91-98142-41913

Damdami Taksaal

http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/contact-us

Rara Sahib

http://ik13.net/new_ik/contact-us/

Rampur Khera

+91 188 626 0334

Sikh Missionary College

+91 161 502 1815

Contact em!

Also Nihang groups, including the Sanatan ones.

Many of these groups have representatives in the West and have members that contribute to this forum. If you are member of any of the groups above (or any others not mentioned) please give an update on what your group is doing to get Sikh prisoners released.