Sikh Panth, Sikh Prisoners, And Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa

acsap

Massive respect to Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa Ji whose commitment and personal sacrifice towards justice is incredible.

Respect to all brothers and sisters who fasted in solidarity (though I believe we can always achieve by active action rather than fasting)

But personally, alongside all Sangat I can't help feeling sick at the possibility of Bhai Sahib's health facing irreversible damage at the least.

We desperately need Bhai Sahib alive to fight the next 5 decades plus towards eradicating injustice, illiteracy, ill heath, addictions, biraderi masle, female infanticide etc afflicting our Qaum (and thereafter also others) as well as doing parchar of Sikhi.

I support Bhai Sahib but along with all Sangat i pray they survive this to actively fight towards justice via non-violent constructive actions as opposed to self-sacrificing fast methods which, whilst i support Bhai Sahib as a great Gursikh, make me uncomfortable as a method of attempting to achieve justice (from politicians and judiciary who are overwhelmingly corrupt).

It is indeed sickening to the core looking at the recent images of Bhai Sahib and you are absolutely right in saying the need for diamonds in the Panth like Bhai Sahib at this time is more important than ever.

On the topic of the hunger strike, we have evidenced that all other means have failed to highlight the plight of prisoners who have missed not only their youth but are passing old age behind bars. This also extends to the wider rights of the Sikhs in Punjab and not to mention the victims of '84 riots who still have not been served justice despite numerous commissions. H S Phoolka Ji has spent decades fighting the cases and to what avail? Sikhs have been ignored through non violent protests and in some cases shot and murdered (Jaspal Singh), and when agitations turn violent when we have no where to turn, they lock up youth and use torture and death threats to suppress Panth Dhardhi Singh/Singhnian. When central and local governments of a country have no care in the world for their people and all legal means fall on deaf ears what other options are available?

Bhai Sahib can achieve so much more for the Qaum alive rather than shaheed ... as Bhai Sahib's commitment to truth and justice is clear for everyone to see. I firmly believe that if Bhai Sahib can be in good health for Panth di seva the next 5 decades i genuinely believe Bhai Sahib can bring at least 100,000 new Sikhs towards the Panth through the integrity and strength of their character alone.

If Bhai Sahib are made shaheed by the politicians as a result of political inaction then they the corrupt politicians will be the victors and our Qaum will lose a heera that we desperately need alive to fight the battle ahead. I'm just praying that Bhai Sahib's fast can end by January 1st 2015 at the latest via executive decree or presidential pardon but I am not optomistic and I am very scared that our enemies will get what they want in the Panth losing another Panth-dardhi Gursikh heera.

Again fully in agreement with most of the post, however the same can be said of many previous Shaheeds. They were all more valuable alive.

Looking at the bigger picture all Sikhs in Punjab who stand for truth and basic rights are in fact imprisoned - as they are under constant threat from seat hungry politicians and Jathedars and central sarkar and are being asphyxiated from every angle as you have described.

Respect to Baldev Singh Ji as he is one of the very few prominent Ragis to have taken a stand with Bhai Sahib. Main Jathebandhie mukhies have obviously been silenced or are in bed with Badal.