Ethnic And Religious Cleansing Of

JRoudh

Everything.

When a dillusional man starts a thread with the premise that "in the UK so many Sikhs are leaving Sikhi" the messages that follow should not be messages containing support for what that man just made up in his head. Every message on this thread should be reminding him that he is wrong.....That in fact, the opposite of what he said is true in the UK, i.e. :

• More 'hair-cut' Sikhs now deciding to keep their hair
  • More Sikh children with kes and patkas than we have ever had before in the last 50 years
  • More of those Sikh children getting their fathers to stop their 'pub' ways and getting into Sikhi.
  • More and more 2nd generation British born fathers with their hair cut ensuring their sons don't make the same mistake they did and have kes
  • More Amritdharis than we have ever had before in the last 50 years.

I am simply at a loss to understand how and why any Sikh in the UK could still be negative when we have such a Sikhi rennaissance going on.

This is the best we've ever had it and if we're still complaining now even though we have it so good you can understand why our international reputation is as negative cry-babies. We can see why the Australians call us 'whinging poms' and north Americans see us as dour pessimists..

Wow, i feel sad because in America it feels the opposite is happening.

Uhh okay. Would you happen to be 'mona', since this post effected you? They obviously don't have full trust in our Sri Guru, since if they can't even listen to our Sri Guru, who will they listen to??

Nope not at all. Your response did just confirm your attitude though.

Its clear from your attitude that you dont listen either. Sikhi is a personal journey. Why judge?

Think you're completely wrong. In my opinion, the new generation of sikhs show a promising and brighter future for sikhi in the UK. More keeping kesh, less drinking (in the UK in general), more knowledge as 'Basics Of Sikhi' etc. have evolved, more seva organisations. UK Sikhs will break away from conservative, male dominated gurdwara politics and we can see a more positive future.

Think you're completely wrong. In my opinion, the new generation of sikhs show a promising and brighter future for sikhi in the UK.

I have to say that my eyes have been opened a lot since I started work at the place I am now.

I used to think that Sikhs were just old guys but I am seeing a very confident new younger generation of Turban wearing Sikhs.

It seems to me that your religion is going through something of a renaissance if that is the right word to use in the UK.

But then this is the first time I have been exposed to Sikhism for very many years so perhaps this has been happening all the time it's just I never noticed it.

I feel a little intimidated by it all because I sense there is something of a clan mentality about the groups of younger Sikhs I am seeing but hopefully this will pass.

Hopefully I will learn to become quite comfortable with it all.