Fasting in Sikhi

Sikhi doesn't believe in fasting. Period!

I suggest and request you NEVER to fast!

68637[/snapback]

But what about if you have to get a blood test grin.gif Someone please tell me

109357[/snapback]

well quite obviously, if your doctor requires you to abstain from food and drink before a medical procedure, then it's okay to fast. BUT if one fasts for karva chauth or to get closer to God, then its a no-no cuz Sikhee doesn't believe in this. :)

110485[/snapback]

yeh, docz advice iz diferent. It 2 mke u feel beter n keep u healthy, wher as it dnt represent n e fin duz it? Karva Chauth iz 4 hindu logh not Sikhz. Y shud Sikhz fast? We ayn lacking food.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Again hinduism n pakiism is mixin in with Sikhism. Y fast wen Guru Ji has provided us with enuff food? We shud be thankful dat we get food wheras derz alot more unfortunate peepl dat dont. Be fortunate 2 wa u have. If Guru Ji's blessed us with enuff food then y say no 2 it? You shud consider urself az lucky.

i can smell racism in 1st line :e:

WJKK WJKF

yes i do know some sikhs who do this fasting thing aswell....yet i do not do it and yes like evryone else has said sikhs don't need to fast to meet GOD.....and yeah some women do it for their husbands or something.....and like someone said our husband is guru ji.....LOL....we must feed our body that guru ji has given to us with so much pyaar......so fasting,karva chauth is a no no...and btw....what does karva chauth mean anywayz?LOL...bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF

hahaha

itz just a trend for most of the people these days. Inother word "WOMENZ" day! and a business day!

well at least thats how i percived it when i was a kid.

loads of shopping...

buying good and different kinds of food to feed ur self in the morning and after the moon showz up in the sky at night.

wearing really good clothes like u are going to a party or wedding. buying chooria(bangles) mehaandi(Hana=coloring the handz nd feet)

all the children and women getting togther tto talk about things, do the meahndi(henaa) thing,

some watch movies to get pass the day(wasn't suppose to be that way but u know how it is. we human turn things into rituals instead of getting in the deapt of things)

itz a really fun day...and usually day off from school and work. :|

If u live in a pind(viilage)/street/muaahla(town) where most of the people do this thing...and is really given lot of importance...tendency is that u will be looked as if u are an "out cast" or someone who doesn't like the people living in that area LOL.gif another words u are not cultured enough or are ignorent...lol

very fun fun fun day...

if u wana hear the story about why they do this...do the google search u will find it. really sad but cute and happy ending stroy.

I heard that Only in PUNJAB(old punjab and the new one now these days) is where this thing takes place.

Mnay peopel form india dont even know about this. when u ask some hindu people from out side of Northren region...they are like WHAT? whta is that??? lol

Garva Chauth is a hindu belief, and i know quite a few idiotic women who keep this. They refuse to acknowledge that it is of NO benefit to her husbands life. Praising GOD alone will have an effect on everyones life. Women who follow such practices make my blood boil!!!!!

Line them all up and.....