Sign in to follow this  
ramghariasingh

Guru Or Prophit

I was thinking that what is a difference between guru and prophit. I was told by many that there are many diffrences between guru and prophit can someone tell me what are those.

Guest Jacfsing2

I was thinking that what is a difference between guru and prophit. I was told by many that there are many diffrences between guru and prophit can someone tell me what are those.

A Guru is one who can bring darkness to light. A prophet(no "i") is one that's considered a messenger of chance to bring darkness to light. An example is the Satguru Nanak Dev Ji made people Sants regardless what their current state of Karam was. Prophet Muhammad attempted to create praise for himself, despite he was sent to do Allah's(Vaheguru) mission. Guru Sahib is perfection, though Prophets are not. * Guru Sahib referred here is only Satguru of Gurmat. Others are usually pakhandi Babas.

A Guru is one who can bring darkness to light. A prophet(no "i") is one that's considered a messenger of chance to bring darkness to light. An example is the Satguru Nanak Dev Ji made people Sants regardless what their current state of Karam was. Prophet Muhammad attempted to create praise for himself, despite he was sent to do Allah's(Vaheguru) mission. Guru Sahib is perfection, though Prophets are not. * Guru Sahib referred here is only Satguru of Gurmat. Others are usually pakhandi Babas.

muhammad was fase. many christans and jews says this. jeasus was also prophit. moses abrahan david soloman adam isaac were alsa prophit.

Well in a nutshell the Abrahamic Prophets claimed that God literally spoke to them and entrusted them with the task of relaying their almighty dispensations, word for word, to the unenlightened masses.

The Gurus never claimed this about themselves. Waheguru is not something you can have a chat with.

The Guru is the Truth, and these mobs of prophets are liars and fabricators.

• Like 4

Well in a nutshell the Abrahamic Prophets claimed that God literally spoke to them and entrusted them with the task of relaying their almighty dispensations, word for word, to the unenlightened masses.

The Gurus never claimed this about themselves. Waheguru is not something you can have a chat with.

The Guru is the Truth, and these mobs of prophets are liars and fabricators.

"Jaisi Mein Aavey Khasam Ki Bani, Tesra kari gyan vey Lalo. - As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo"

SGGS p72.

• Like 1

Also remember muhammed NEVER EVER had direct contact/chat with god, it was via angel gabriel. Whereas our gurus not only had direct contact with the lord, they were the roop of god.

• Like 3

"Jaisi Mein Aavey Khasam Ki Bani, Tesra kari gyan vey Lalo. - As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo"

SGGS p72.

When poets are asked about their process, they will also say such things as the words 'come to them' (remember that Gurbani is written in poetic verse). That doesn't mean to say that some higher power, or the object of their muse, dictated their poems to them word for word.

The Sacred Naam acted as an inspiration to Guru Sahib when he was composing his Bani. The Bani didn't directly proceed from the mouth of God himself, but rather from the divine inspiration and ecstasy which Waheguru caused to take hold within Guru Sahib.

The tuk which you have provided doesn't emphatically state that Guru Sahib received dictation ad verbum from God. Muhammad however claimed he literally had a conversation with God after he supposedly flew to Jannah astride Buraq.

• Like 3

When poets are asked about their process, they will also say such things as the words 'come to them' (remember that Gurbani is written in poetic verse). That doesn't mean to say that some higher power, or the object of their muse, dictated their poems to them word for word.

The Sacred Naam acted as an inspiration to Guru Sahib when he was composing his Bani. The Bani didn't directly proceed from the mouth of God himself, but rather from the divine inspiration and ecstasy which Waheguru caused to take hold within Guru Sahib.

The tuk which you have provided doesn't emphatically state that Guru Sahib received dictation ad verbum from God. Muhammad however claimed he literally had a conversation with God after he supposedly flew to Jannah astride Buraq.

Dhan Guru Nanak HAD a verbal meeting and a physical one. [Three days in the River]

Upon this meeting, Guru Ji uttered Japji Sahib.

Your interpretation is your opinion, mine is historically factual and proven.

You both sort of have a point. Akal Purkh is formless, so he hasn't got a mouth or a form to havea physical meet and greet. I think Balkaar is right in the sense that the divine words came to Guru Sahib. Like it or not that was God "talking" in the sense we do.

Guru Nanak was taken by Waheguru to Sach Khand. What went on there is between Guru Sahib and his divine Father is what we can speculate.

My belief is that Japji Sahib (the way it's uttered) was Guru Nanak Dev Ji describing to us the entire meeting, going by how Guru Sahib mentions so much of creation, So Japji Sahib was given to us by Akal Purkh through Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

• Like 4

muhammad was fase. many christans and jews says this. jeasus was also prophit. moses abrahan david soloman adam isaac were alsa prophit.

According to the Jews, Jesus was a false Messiah.

• Like 2

Dhan Guru Nanak HAD a verbal meeting and a physical one. [Three days in the River]

I remember reading this in a book as a child.

Where is it written?

According to the Jews, Jesus was a false Messiah.

but jesus didn't had sex with 9 year old girl. but muhammad had when he was 54. bible says 'thou shall not kill' but quran have many verse to kill non belivers.
  • Like 3

I remember reading this in a book as a child.

Where is it written?

I believe the Sakhi took place in Dera Baba Nanak. It's part of the janamsakhis which have been compiled. It's one of the more consistent ones too. Guru Nanak Dev Ji did disappear for 3 days and when he came back he proclaimed all man is equal and one. That was when he started uttering Japji Sahib which was handed down to him by Akal Purkh.

Guru Nanak used to bath in the river every morning for Ishnaan I believe.

A thing to note is that Guru Sahib's body disappeared too, During the time after he passed his light onto Guru Angad Dev Ji. So it's all that plausible.

• Like 3

Guest Jacfsing2

but jesus didn't had sex with 9 year old girl. but muhammad had when he was 54. bible says 'thou shall not kill' but quran have many verse to kill non belivers.

have you read the entire bible? Anyone who truly reads the Bible leaves Christianity for a reason you know.